Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking News - Steven Colvert

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Liamo51

Will he return to running after it ?

I'm sure he will. He is Innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Clearlier wrote: »
    I suspect that the difficulty with revisiting (and hence the reluctance to revisit) the Steven Colvert case is not his case in particular but the broader ramifications it would have for other positive tests.

I simply don't know what the ramifications are but if there are any then I imagine that would cause the doping authorities to hesitate to investigate the Norwegian analysis. That's not right of course but it might help if you're seeking to understand why his case hasn't quickly been re-opened.

This is such an appalling vista that every sensible person in the land would say that it cannot be right that these actions should go any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Haven't they destroyed the samples? There is no possibility of retests

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

RayCun wrote: »
    Haven't they destroyed the samples? There is no possibility of retests

Yes, the samples have been destroyed and can't be retested. When I say revisit the case I'm talking about taking into consideration the issues brought up by the Norwegian lab and the methodological concerns that Ross Tucker expands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Reading Tucker article its very good and highlights some issues with WADA.

But he also said this:

"But he should at least be cleared. Does it mean they’d say he didn’t dope? No, because there’s no basis on which to say he didn’t. But there’s no legal, or scientific basis, to say that he did, either."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Liamo51

Will he return to running after it ?

He has done nothing wrong. He will of course run again, I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Some pretty big Anti Doping Names weighing in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=807&v=ecofC3hGYoA

Don Catlin, the head of a UCLA lab that helped to expose the Balco doping scandal, has stepped down. Catlin, considered the most prominent anti-doping drug tester in the world, will remain active in the field.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9248752

Advertisement