Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Purchased Dragon Age Inquisition off the Canada store for under €13 what a bargain... Have been wanting to play so for that price it had to be purchased... Although I was tempted by Project Cars for €13 and Metro Redux Bundle for about €7.50... Deluxe edition aswell, whatever that means :p ... Cheers for link always forget to check the Canada store every week... I think I should just buy Canadian PS+ from now on as everything there is so much cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Purchased Dragon Age Inquisition off the Canada store for under €13 what a bargain... Have been wanting to play so for that price it had to be purchased... Although I was tempted by Project Cars for €13 and Metro Redux Bundle for about €7.50... Deluxe edition aswell, whatever that means :p ... Cheers for link always forget to check the Canada store every week... I think I should just buy Canadian PS+ from now on as everything there is so much cheaper...

Was often wondering is there any drawback to buying Canadian plus instead of the Irish one? Since it works on every profile on the PS4 I assume that includes ones from other regions so you'd get the best deals and still have online play, am I correct in saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

wong wrote: »
    Anyone know of any xtravisions in Dublin city centre? Might pop into own if it's on my walk home from work.

One in Artane, but its not one of the closing down ones, cos I was there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought Project cars for less than €13!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Doge wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. Just bought Project cars for less than €13!

Is it any good? Compared to Forza.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Was often wondering is there any drawback to buying Canadian plus instead of the Irish one? Since it works on every profile on the PS4 I assume that includes ones from other regions so you'd get the best deals and still have online play, am I correct in saying?

Yep, as long as it is activated as primary any account can use the online... It's only when not primary console that you must be logged into that account to use the services...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Fifa 16 in Argos, 54.99 price set to change today will it go up or down. It was 39.99 before Christmas.

Bit the bullet and bought it this morning and the price came up as 45.99, still a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there much difference between the Canadian Store and US Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ItsHoggie wrote:
    Is there much difference between the Canadian Store and US Store?

They have the same content and sales but Canadian store works out cheaper due to Canadian dollar having better exchange rate with euro than us dollar. A game could be 69 dollars on us store and 79 on Canadian but will work out cheaper on Canadian when converted to euro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

GTA: The Trilogy $20.99 on US PSN, until the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

F1ngers wrote: »
    GTA: The Trilogy $20.99 on US PSN, until the 19th.

Do I need a US PSN account.
    Can I play them using my IE PSN account

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Krusader wrote: »
    Do I need a US PSN account.
    Can I play them using my IE PSN account

Yes, it has to Primary along with your Irish account on the machine

Yes, after you download the games flick over...

Tbh you are better off with the US version of most of the PS2 games - 60hz and not the 50hz Pal equivalent....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

IS there any of the Xtra Visions in Limerick closing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yes, it has to Primary along with your Irish account on the machine

Yes, after you download the games flick over...

Tbh you are better off with the US version of most of the PS2 games - 60hz and not the 50hz Pal equivalent....

The days pf 50hz PAL are well and truly gone at this stage!

Doge wrote: »
    The days pf 50hz PAL are well and truly gone at this stage!

Can't believe Sony do our versions at the 50hz Pal version, in sure their argument would be not a lot of TV's here can't do 60 possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I imagine the argument is localisation.

tok9 wrote: »
    I imagine the argument is localisation.

Even still - the option would be nice before you launch the game from your library a simple test to see can your TV display it...

They went to the trouble of adding trophy support to the old games would one 2 second test before the game launches be that hard to implement?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

IS there any of the Xtra Visions in Limerick closing ?

The one in Dooradoyle is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I was gonna ask are any in Dublin closing, but I'm not even sure how many there are left, and the ones that are were merged with HMV I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I was gonna ask are any in Dublin closing, but I'm not even sure how many there are left, and the ones that are were merged with HMV I think.

Clondalkin and Ballyfermot branches are definitely closing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Terraria on PS4 is €5.40 in Tesco.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

F1ngers wrote: »

The blog has turned into a complete disaster with sales announcements. They're not listing prices or what percentage you're saving anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The blog has turned into a complete disaster with sales announcements. They're not listing prices or what percentage you're saving anymore.

I just use psprices.com to find out if there are any sales as they show the price history for games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Canada store Indie flash sale. I picked up 7 games for less than €10

Canada store Indie flash sale. I picked up 7 games for less than €10

Had $2.50 left over, bought Tiny Brains there for $2 going to top up account tomorrow and buy more... Love the Canadian store Flashsales ... The discounts we get on our store is rubbish tbh...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks to PS+ I picked up Bloodborne GotY edition for only €29.99, the Resogun season pack for €2.99 and Drive Club Bikes expansion for €15, the last I would have got for less had I been a bit quicker of the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks to PS+ I picked up Bloodborne GotY edition for only €29.99, the Resogun season pack for €2.99 and Drive Club Bikes expansion for €15, the last I would have got for less had I been a bit quicker of the mark.

Picked up Bloodborne myself cant wait to get into it, also picked up wasteland 2 looks great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement