Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League PreSeason Prep

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

jimmii wrote: »
    Five of their british pounds.

I've a 5 pound note in the wallet from a trip to england a few weeks ago. I'll post it on to them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've a 5 pound note in the wallet from a trip to england a few weeks ago. I'll post it on to them :pac:

That and a copy of your passport should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

First draft:

Krul (Mannone)
    Debuchy Jones Azpi (Dummett, Chambers)
    Sanchez Fabregas Eriksen Arnautovic Henderson
    RVP Dzeko (Zamora)

No Yaya, Silva, Ramsey, Ozil, Mata...so many options!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Lemlin wrote: »
    3266 I got.

6787 for me :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Interesting to see some of the prices and draft teams here. Gonna try and hold off logging in for a few days, as I know once I do I won't be able to stop tinkering!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Put in a random team. Not going to look at it for a while yet.

Who am I kidding :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

3266 I got.

I got 3060 - Did I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Anybody for Krul/Schmeichel? @ 4.5m each - Leicester have some very tough games at start of season but newcastle have better fixtures during those game weeks.

What promoted players are we looking at?

Leicester - Morgan @ 4.5, Schmeichel @ 4.5, Drinkwater @ 5.5
    Burnley - Ings @ 6.0, Arfield @ 5.0

Jason Puncheon or Charlie Adam? both @ 6.0 - Have Puncheon for now because of the more favourable fixtures.

And how much do we reckon Costa will be? Have sturridge as my marker for him as of now @ 11.5...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Most my money is going on midfield. Just too much quality there for it not to. Think ill be playing 4-4-2 for the first time in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

First of many drafts :D

2cnwh2e.png[/IMG]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Imagine how much of a bargain Kagawa could potentially be at 6.5m?If LVG can get his form back to his Dortmund days we are talking a 9-10m player here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Imagine how much of a bargain Kagawa could potentially be at 6.5m?If LVG can get his form back to his Dortmund days we are talking a 9-10m player here
    Evil Kagawa likes this post

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any idea what the Manchester United first choice defense will be this year? I presume they'll sign a CB, but for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yay. Looked in here last night for the first time since before the World Cup and lo and behold FPL is back today.

Well ready for my second season now, hadn't found this forum till after season started last year so looking forward to all the gems you lads will point me towards.

Hard to beat a wee break. Let get started.

What do people think of RVP's value and is he likely to be in a any of your week 1 teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Jaysus it didn't take long for this place to get lively again.:D

be897ba98e6a5ba0a624d8af69e331ae.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Vermaelen at 5 million is a bargain if he goes to United.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Anyone thinking about Siem de Jong? Only 7.0m mid who can play striker; he may even be on free kicks and penalties. Scored in their friendly yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Ramsey will be an absolute certainty for my team, got that feeling about him! Oh, and,um, hey again :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Midfield options are ridiculous this year, feels weird having to go with budget strikers :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

First draft, happy enough with it.

a6186c42e399d72aeb37676cadf82ba0.png

Krul and Mannone - cheap rotating keepers

Cahill, Shaw, Debuchy - decent options for the top teams assuming Debuchy moves to Arsenal

4 premium mids that should rack up big scores

Rooney - a seasoned veteran at this stage
    Remy - at 7.5m is perfectly priced and could move to a bigger team
    Gomis - don't know too much about him but had a pretty good scoring record in France

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rooney is actually extremely generously priced at 10.5.

RVP is taking a full 3 week break starting this week so he may only be getting back into the swing of things by the time the season starts and well he's Rooney. The problem is I don't think anyone knows what Van Gaal's going to be doing or how he'll set up. Only De Gea and RVP when fit are dead certs and Shaw if Evra leaves.

Rafael could become a viable option again this year too hopefully if he finds form and fitness under LVG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Chiriches a first choice for Spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Mine so far. Will chop and change.

GK - De Gea 5.5
    DF - Terry 6.5
    DF - Shaw 6.0
    DF - Upson 4.0
    MD - Sanchez 10.5
    MD - Fabregas 9.0
    MD - Silva 9.0
    MD - Erikson 8.0
    MD - Ince 5.5
    FD - Rooney 10.5
    FD - Dzeko 8.5

Subs:
    Myhill 4.0
    Mariappa 4.5
    Duff 4.0
    Zamora 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would anyone be knowledgeable on the best £4.0m (defenders) and £4.5m options (midfielders)? Obviously you're not going to get much from them and they should be bench players, but those that are certain to start and may chip in with a few points every now and again?

Also, how the **** is Odemwingie down as a midfielder? :pac: Huge error on someone at FPL's part it would appear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Paully D wrote: »
    Would anyone be knowledgeable on the best £4.0m (defenders) and £4.5m options (midfielders)? Obviously you're not going to get much from them and they should be bench players, but those that are certain to start and may chip in with a few points every now and again?

Also, how the **** is Odemwingie down as a midfielder? :pac: Huge error on someone at FPL's part it would appear.

For the budget players, you could pick "minutes played" from the drop down menu to see who played most last year.
    Obviously doesn't include budget players form promoted teams but gives you a place holder until you can do more research.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully D wrote: »

Defenders
    upson just signed for leicester wasilewski and moore both made approx 30 league appearences each last year. There is talk of wisdom going on loan to wba. Steven taylor and dummet could end up starting at newcastle. Duff Burnley was first choice last year they have yet to sign a CB but he is getting on and if they sign someone I think he will be on the bench.
    Midfielders
    Tiote, cork, albrighton has signed for leicester, marney and jones id say will play every week for burnley marney the more likely to get attacking points.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Would be staying clear of gomis, depends if bony leaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I think it is way Too early to put much Thought into it ,Transfer s , loans and injuries between now and the start of season Will completely change any line up ,i Will visit again in a couple of week s

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

This is some midfield for 41 million:

Fabregas - 9 mil
    Silva - 9 mil
    Sanchez - 10.5 mil
    Odemwingie - 6.5
    Sigurdsson -6.0

Michu available at 7.5 as well.

A few people mentioning Michu?? Will he not be out on loan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

How much will Filipe Luis be?

Advertisement