Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League PreSeason Prep

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭

Anyone here doing some preseason prep for the upcoming FF season?

With the fixtures being unveiled today I reckon 3 Man United players from the start will be the way to go. Hopefully RVP will be somewhat cheaper than last season.

Have my eye on including De Gea, Fabregas, Sterling, Januzaj, Costa, RVP & Aguero in my intial team anyway

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Jesus it's a bit early yet. 10 days before the prem starts is enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,912 ✭✭✭✭CSF

slingerz wrote: »
    Anyone here doing some preseason prep for the upcoming FF season?

With the fixtures being unveiled today I reckon 3 Man United players from the start will be the way to go. Hopefully RVP will be somewhat cheaper than last season.

Have my eye on including De Gea, Fabregas, Sterling, Januzaj, Costa, RVP & Aguero in my intial team anyway

Far too early man. Enjoy the summer break/World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Way too early. Go outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

There's plenty of time to pick your pre-team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Regret that one player who doesn't start in MW #1.

Just for FSA FPL purposes is there a date up anywhere for the new site going up?

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    There's plenty of time to pick your pre-team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Change your mind. Pick your team. Regret that one player who doesn't start in MW #1.
    You mean Lukaku?

CSF wrote: »
    You mean Lukaku?

I remember last year I think I had Rat and Lugano in my defence. Bastards the pair of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Anyone know when the site opens up for the new season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

x43r0 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the site opens up for the new season?

It's normally about a week into July I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Good luck with this. By my calculations you'd only have about 35m left for your remaining 8 players!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Degag wrote: »
    Good luck with this. By my calculations you'd only have about 35m left for your remaining 8 players!:pac:

Dont know how you've calculations when there are no prices available for the players yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'll pick a quick team and then leave it until about 5 days before. That's the only way to do it IMO. There are too many variables in pre season e.g. last year the Bale saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dont know how you've calculations when there are no prices available for the players yet!

Educated guesses:

De Gea - 6m
    Fabregas - 9m
    Sterling - 7m
    Januzaj - 6m
    Costa - 10.5m
    RVP - 13m
    Aguero - 12.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

It isn't difficult to know what a players approximate value will be. I doubt I will be far out at 65m!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No need to worry about Suarez for GW1 anyways. All eyes on RVP.

Choo choo!!!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    No need to worry about Suarez for GW1 anyways. All eyes on RVP.

Choo choo!!!

Sturridge looks a good option now. An early break from the World Cup too ;)

I'll be keeping an eye on Fabregas and Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

haha how much will suarez price drop by the time he's back!

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    haha how much will suarez price drop by the time he's back!

Not much because nobody will have signed him in the first place!!

I wonder will this effect his price for the season though. He was set to be 12 or 13 million I thought but may be 11 now because he misses the first nine games.

I reckon RVP will drop back from last season which could be good because he'll improve playing under van Gaal. Once the injuries don't take their toll. Word has it Rooney may be moved to midfield to allow Mata to play behind RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    I wonder will this effect his price for the season though. He was set to be 12 or 13 million I thought but may be 11 now because he misses the first nine games.

I reckon RVP will drop back from last season which could be good because he'll improve playing under van Gaal. Once the injuries don't take their toll. Word has it Rooney may be moved to midfield to allow Mata to play behind RVP.

Think initial price is just based on performance in previous years or if a new player estimated performance, as far as I'm aware injuries/suspensions arent taken into account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

ha true. wonder if people will be tempted by lambert now!

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    ha true. wonder if people will be tempted by lambert now!
    Oh yeah, this definitely makes the Lambert signing seem alot more sensible than it did previously.

Oooo the excitement is building!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Shaw at United could be worthwhile although he may be ~6M.

Imagine Coleman will be ~7M i'd imagine following last years performance.

Anyone know what kinda player Herrara is? goalscoring midfielder?

Shaw at United could be worthwhile although he may be ~6M.

Imagine Coleman will be ~7M i'd imagine following last years performance.

Anyone know what kinda player Herrara is? goalscoring midfielder?

Not really. He'll play ahead of the defense in a 4-2-3-1. He scored 5 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shaw still has Evra to contend with, making him very risky

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

You'd have to think he's first choice though. United wouldn't pay all that much for a player if he was going to play second fiddle to a player nearing the end of his career.

Shaw has taken Evra's shirt no. (#3) - He's hardly going to sit on the bench wearing the starting jersey.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Shaw has taken Evra's shirt no. (#3) - He's hardly going to sit on the bench wearing the starting jersey.

Too much risk of rotation though. The papers are linking United with a few defenders too. One of the Dutch lads, De Vriejs (sp?), is being linked today. Apparently Vidic's replacement.

• Advertisement

I haven't heard anything about Shaw taking 3 (and I'd be stunned if that was the case tbh), but even if true, Shaw won't start every game IMO.

Advertisement