Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League PreSeason Prep

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Rodgers couldn't organise a defence at Watford, Reading or Swansea, so I wouldn't hold much hope of him doing anything at Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Rodgers couldn't organise a defence at Watford, Reading or Swansea, so I wouldn't hold much hope of him doing anything at Liverpool

13 clean sheets with the Swans 2011/12 season?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

As pointed out above, Swansea were great for clean sheets under him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

80 goals conceded in 50 games at Watford and Reading
    120 goals conceded in 2 seasons at Swansea
    120 goals conc$eded in 2 seasons at Liverpool

If that's not piss poor defensive management i dont know what is

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i think it's fair to expect Liverpool to tighten up a bit at the back this season, Lovren should help, and (possibly) a new left back

Skrtel is firmly on my radar, he's looked very solid in pre-season and i expect him to command a starting place, though i'll wait a few games and see. A goal every five games average last season simply can't be ignored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    i think it's fair to expect Liverpool to tighten up a bit at the back this season, Lovren should help, and (possibly) a new left back

Skrtel is firmly on my radar, he's looked very solid in pre-season and i expect him to command a starting place, though i'll wait a few games and see. A goal every five games average last season simply can't be ignored

A goal every 3 if you include ogs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What are people's opinions on sterling, he seems to be having a great pre season, my only doubts about him is he's a young player that's a rotation risk.

A goal every 3 if you include ogs

well thankfully it's only -2 for an own goal! didn't realise he got THREE of them tho :eek: still, joking or no, that's -6pts vs +42pts(+ baps) on the scoring front

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Skrtel's place is by no means assured this season. Lovren-Sakho will be the first choice pair going forward. I think Skrtel will start the season in the first XI but I don't expect him to stay in the team once Lovren settles

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

well thankfully it's only -2 for an own goal! didn't realise he got THREE of them tho :eek: still, joking or no, that's -6pts vs +42pts(+ baps) on the scoring front

I was joking he was prolific at both ends to be fair.

• Advertisement

80 goals conceded in 50 games at Watford and Reading
    120 goals conceded in 2 seasons at Swansea
    120 goals conc$eded in 2 seasons at Liverpool

If that's not piss poor defensive management i dont know what is

Goals conceded don't really matter in this game. It's all about clean sheets. Alot of the time a team might as well concede 3 as concede one.

Rodgers last three seasons (stats from here http://www.statbunker.com/competitions/Top10KeepersCleanSheets?comp_id=449)

Swansea 11-12: 12
    Liverpool 12-13: 15
    Liverpool 13-14: 8
    Total: 35

That's an average of nearly 12 a season. It's a fairly decent record for me.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Skrtel's place is by no means assured this season. Lovren-Sakho will be the first choice pair going forward. I think Skrtel will start the season in the first XI but I don't expect him to stay in the team once Lovren settles

Personally i think Lovren/Sakho will rotate in PL games and in Europe, with Skrtel the ever-present. I think Rogers values Skrtel for his leadership skills & experience. We'll see though

Oranage2 wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on sterling, he seems to be having a great pre season, my only doubts about him is he's a young player that's a rotation risk.

could be a differential ;)

x43r0 wrote: »

Last year Skrtel was close to leaving. Benitez wanted him at Napoli. I don't think Rodgers is overly enthused with him.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Last year Skrtel was close to leaving. Benitez wanted him at Napoli. I don't think Rodgers is overly enthused with him.

he was our best defender in the 2nd half of the season. firmly in Rogers plans i.m.o.

he was our best defender in the 2nd half of the season. firmly in Rogers plans i.m.o.

You're a Liverpool supporter so you'd know more than me but I'm just wondering why he's signed Lovren if he's happy with what they have.

Lemlin wrote: »
    You're a Liverpool supporter so you'd know more than me but I'm just wondering why he's signed Lovren if he's happy with what they have.

i believe he's happy with Skrtel. Agger no, who will almost definitely leave b4 the transfer window shuts. Sakho has yet to prove himself. we're looking for a LB too. all things considered i think Skrtel will be 1st choice CB. but like i said, we'll see. if he starts the first few games then i'll seriously be considering him. GW2 and 3 dont promise much for clean sheets, GW4 on is a lot more promising

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I think Rodgers will do with lovren what he did with sakho last season and that was not to play him at the start until agger or sakho mess up. But Liverpool have some very tough fixtures I can't see Why anybody would be looking at any of their defenders so early.

Also anyone having second thoughts on debuchy? He picked up a good few yellows last season, arsenal have a tough start and he also has some slight competition from chambers, a cheap way into the arsenal defense but I think I'll be looking at other options.

Advertisement