Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options
1324325326328330

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl


    Night all. Absolutely shattered ,need sleep.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz


    Night all. Absolutely shattered ,need sleep.

    Nighty night, FG! x :)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya


    Feeling really down today...
    Will be 2 hours late for work a could not get up this morning at all...
    Don't want to see people or talk with them yet will have a meeting worth client as soon as I manage to get to the office...
    Just wish to go back to bed and curl up under the quilt and stay that way......


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl


    Getting a tattoo today!Yeah


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982


    Joya wrote: »
    Feeling really down today...
    Will be 2 hours late for work a could not get up this morning at all...
    Don't want to see people or talk with them yet will have a meeting worth client as soon as I manage to get to the office...
    Just wish to go back to bed and curl up under the quilt and stay that way......

    Know the feeling joya. It can be so hard to motivate yourself sometimes. Hope the day goes allright.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz


    Joya wrote: »
    Feeling really down today...
    Will be 2 hours late for work a could not get up this morning at all...
    Don't want to see people or talk with them yet will have a meeting worth client as soon as I manage to get to the office...
    Just wish to go back to bed and curl up under the quilt and stay that way......

    Sorry to hear that, Joya. *hugs*


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya


    mg1982 wrote: »
    Know the feeling joya. It can be so hard to motivate yourself sometimes. Hope the day goes allright.

    thanks mg, juts finished the meeting so it went alright, even i had to postpone it twice but glad it happened as yes i got some good information for my work...

    what brought me down is that i cannot understand why people have to break you before they start taking you right.. as it happen to happen to me recently, if you know what i mean..

    when you are struggling with depression this kind of setbacks fall even harder and oh god i really hope to resolve it soon cause this limbo is the worst to stand....

    how is your day so far?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya


    Sorry to hear that, Joya. *hugs*
    im really sorry too tbh...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982


    Joya wrote: »
    thanks mg, juts finished the meeting so it went alright, even i had to postpone it twice but glad it happened as yes i got some good information for my work...

    what brought me down is that i cannot understand why people have to break you before they start taking you right.. as it happen to happen to me recently, if you know what i mean..

    when you are struggling with depression this kind of setbacks fall even harder and oh god i really hope to resolve it soon cause this limbo is the worst to stand....

    how is your day so far?

    Absolutley depression makes everything harder to deal with even the little things. My day is slowly improving, had very high anxiety levels the last few days but it seems to be leveling off now. Glad the meeting went well joya.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker


    Funny, I've gotten used to the worries associated with being back at work but I'm horribly tense from it... Can't get my shoulders to relax down at all and my neck is rigid. Pulled my back this morning as well.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336


    Anxiety is a BITCH. For me, I just need to get myself into shape and cut out bad / food drink. That will slowly get me out of this hell. Yet I can't summon the strength to do it - I feel like things aren't so bad, but they actually are in reality. It's crippling, you can't think properly, you know things will be ok if you do certain things but still the fear is still there...what fear I do not know. I have to break out of this and have some short term pain for long term gain arghhhh


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz


    fr336 wrote: »
    Anxiety is a BITCH. For me, I just need to get myself into shape and cut out bad / food drink. That will slowly get me out of this hell. Yet I can't summon the strength to do it - I feel like things aren't so bad, but they actually are in reality. It's crippling, you can't think properly, you know things will be ok if you do certain things but still the fear is still there...what fear I do not know. I have to break out of this and have some short term pain for long term gain arghhhh

    Motivation is a killer for a lot of us in here. It seems to be one of the pillars of depression.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs


    fr336 wrote: »
    Anxiety is a BITCH. For me, I just need to get myself into shape and cut out bad / food drink. That will slowly get me out of this hell. Yet I can't summon the strength to do it - I feel like things aren't so bad, but they actually are in reality. It's crippling, you can't think properly, you know things will be ok if you do certain things but still the fear is still there...what fear I do not know. I have to break out of this and have some short term pain for long term gain arghhhh

    I'm not sure eating a healthy diet will get rid of crippling anxiety. Is there any scientific evidence of this?


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336


    greenfrogs wrote: »
    I'm not sure eating a healthy diet will get rid of crippling anxiety. Is there any scientific evidence of this?

    Only my own science. I've cut it out on quite a few occasions now and felt better than ever. This however is due to mine being caused by it after years of not taking care of myself, sleep deprivation etc. I cut out the bad food and drink, I slowly feel lighter on my feet, my sleep improves and hooray I start to feel human. Don't ask me why I can't do this on a consistent basis when others have to take pills etc. I feel selfish writing this actually.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982


    greenfrogs wrote: »
    I'm not sure eating a healthy diet will get rid of crippling anxiety. Is there any scientific evidence of this?

    Eating healthy will make you feel better in yourself in the short term but not sure if it will cure chronic anxiety. But it could put you in a place where your more able to manage it.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs


    fr336 wrote: »
    Only my own science. I've cut it out on quite a few occasions now and felt better than ever. This however is due to mine being caused by it after years of not taking care of myself, sleep deprivation etc. I cut out the bad food and drink, I slowly feel lighter on my feet, my sleep improves and hooray I start to feel human. Don't ask me why I can't do this on a consistent basis when others have to take pills etc. I feel selfish writing this actually.

    You're not selfish in any way. I think you are putting the cart before the horse. You have to take care of your mental health before you focus on your physical health. I usually overeat when I feel anxious or down. However when I am in better form I eat healthier. There is a reason why you can't to do it on a consistent basis. Using an old cliché the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336


    greenfrogs wrote: »
    You're not selfish in any way. I think you are putting the cart before the horse. You have to take care of your mental health before you focus on your physical health. I usually overeat when I feel anxious or down. However when I am in better form I eat healthier. There is a reason why you can't to do it on a consistent basis. Using an old cliché the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

    I think while my symptoms are hellish, it's easier for me to get out of this. Honestly. It is simply choosing the easiest, most comfortable way (stay eating and drinking junk), over the slightly awkward but very quickly empowering way...I feel amazingly different in a matter of days when I do it. Has to be combined with exercise sorry forgot that bit. But yeah, I don't know...I feel like the bad food / drink is a crutch and seeing as my memory / mind is screwed, I forget how nice simply living and having a clear head is, whatever about any worries etc.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz


    I've never not had the junk food in my life so I don't really have a basis for or against it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336


    Also my mind is so jumbled and working so fast. Only past few days when I've HAD to do things that I've realised the extent of it all. I read something at a million miles an hour and take it in but then I have to reassure myself by going back over it slowly. And I'm so clumsy and just feel out of it. Sorry, this has been said countless times before


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982


    fr336 wrote: »
    I think while my symptoms are hellish, it's easier for me to get out of this. Honestly. It is simply choosing the easiest, most comfortable way (stay eating and drinking junk), over the slightly awkward but very quickly empowering way...I feel amazingly different in a matter of days when I do it. Has to be combined with exercise sorry forgot that bit. But yeah, I don't know...I feel like the bad food / drink is a crutch and seeing as my memory / mind is screwed, I forget how nice simply living and having a clear head is, whatever about any worries etc.

    We all have unhealthy habits like eating junk food too much. If those habits have been going on for years there hard to break.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs


    I think you are focusing on the behaviour, overeating, and ignoring what makes you overeat. It's more than it being easier and comfortable. I'm in no way a doctor but there are reasons for our behaviour. I think that is where you need to focus rather than berating yourself. It's really hard to change and it takes work. There are other treatments besides medication.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336


    I've never not had the junk food in my life so I don't really have a basis for or against it.

    Haha same. But when I cut it out completely, not having anything rather than having say one thing, I'd never felt that good. I don't understand what I'm doing here really, do I think it's too good to be true - a short term fix and then the anxiety would come back worse than ever? That doesn't sound very logical but I am scared of something.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336


    greenfrogs wrote: »
    I think you are focusing on the behaviour, overeating, and ignoring what makes you overeat. It's more than it being easier and comfortable. I'm in no way a doctor but there are reasons for our behaviour. I think that is where you need to focus rather than berating yourself. It's really hard to change and it takes work. There are other treatments besides medication.

    Yeah I've got doctors in the morning...a "challenge" in itself :rolleyes:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz


    fr336 wrote: »
    Haha same. But when I cut it out completely, not having anything rather than having say one thing, I'd never felt that good. I don't understand what I'm doing here really, do I think it's too good to be true - a short term fix and then the anxiety would come back worse than ever? That doesn't sound very logical but I am scared of something.

    I tried to cut it before. It just made me moody and more irritable. Plus I tended to smoke much more, which in turn made me queasy. So cutting it hasn't been too great here. Also, the motivation etc etc.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs


    fr336 wrote: »
    Yeah I've got doctors in the morning...a "challenge" in itself :rolleyes:

    Why is it a challenge. Do you not like the doctor or is it more anxiety related.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982


    I tried to cut it before. It just made me moody and more irritable. Plus I tended to smoke much more, which in turn made me queasy. So cutting it hasn't been too great here. Also, the motivation etc etc.

    I found that too hugo. Cutting it out completely put me into a murderous rage. I like my can of coke too much.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz


    mg1982 wrote: »
    I found that too hugo. Cutting it out completely put me into a murderous rage. I like my can of coke too much.

    I love my diet cola. I gotta get my caffeine from somewhere! I don't really drink hot beverages, so that doesn't leave me with many other options.

    Also, I'm a fat fcuker. My body is too used to junk at this stage.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl


    Busy day- gp , pieta (got my old therapist back) & psych.
    Told psych about disassociation and stuff but she didn't say much. She seems to think me applying skills is ok and I was able to tell her all my issues with train yesterday.

    Pieta was ok ... still quite low, just not feeling myself. My pdoc named it today you can be worn out from fighting life and thoughts. She said you may want to disappear from your emotional pain but not necessarily want to die.
    I still think I am leaning more towards the latter though.

    On a good note, I got a tattoo today and love it.
    Hugs to everyone today.

    Oh am doing the mini marathon for console , a great cause so if anyone fancies sponsoring me let me know.

    I am also blogging so if anyone fancies following me ..I can give you a link


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336


    I tried to cut it before. It just made me moody and more irritable. Plus I tended to smoke much more, which in turn made me queasy. So cutting it hasn't been too great here. Also, the motivation etc etc.

    What about exercise? I went on for literally years with this never being able to find a way out and getting worse and worse and not wanting to take medication. Exercise would make me feel good during and after but then I'd be more anxious than ever at night and not able to sleep at all - zombie like. Then I eventually did both in tandem - give up bad food / drink and did basic exercise - and wow. First two days not so great, then a real uplift. I'm not saying this would work even in a small way with anyone else but for me I never thought it'd be so 'easy' if only I could be consistent with it. Think of life as two doors...we are where we are now, but could round the other door be our steps upwards? I didn't think it could happen and it did. Likewise if you're feeling in despair etc, again who wouldn't with this crap and also the condition itself plays tricks on your mind itself. Maybe we need to push against our instincts.

    ...I say as I munch on a big Domino's Pizza meal.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336


    greenfrogs wrote: »
    Why is it a challenge. Do you not like the doctor or is it more anxiety related.

    Kind of both :D Definitely anxiety related, and it's a really early appointment stupidly. And I was up late today :rolleyes: The doctor's not the worst I've had but it is always an uphill struggle trying to get anywhere with them. Funnily enough the best doctor I have met, well at least on the face of things, was a recent graduate earlier this year who has since moved on. Made you feel like they were the doctor and wanting to help, full of relevant questions etc. Oh well


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement