Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I think the funniest thing in my life is that I could put myself in harm's way intentionally and nothing would happen. I could walk the M50 without getting a scratch on me. I could wander around sheriff Street with headphones on and not a damned thing would happen.

This reminds of a documentary called 'Madness in the fast lane' for some reason. It's so good and definitely worth a watch.

Best of luck for the week. Don't forget to use this forum if you need some support. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Thanks, I really am trying not to be too hard on myself tonight. Lots of stuff I haven't done. Spent the day binging on junk food. Feeling very unprepared for work tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Thanks, I really am trying not to be too hard on myself tonight. Lots of stuff I haven't done. Spent the day binging on junk food. Feeling very unprepared for work tomorrow.

Hopefully the first few days will be easy enough, like just to ease you back into the role. :)

Hopefully the first few days will be easy enough, like just to ease you back into the role. :)

Ah not going to be the case! I've a deadline looming already!

Ah not going to be the case! I've a deadline looming already!

I'm sure you'll be able for it. If you need to take a few minutes to yourself throughout the day, there's no shame in that. We all have to take some time like that.

Best of luck, Scrim. We'll all be thinking of you and sending good vibes. x :)

• Advertisement

That's the best frame of mind to be in. We can be our own worst critics at times. The fact that you are going back to an old workplace shows they think you are a good employee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Scrim, a few minutes breather during the day will help, it's not time wasted if it helps you collect yourself.. I've often resorted to a few moments in a toilet cubicle as it's one place you won't be bothered.. Take care..

Scrim, a few minutes breather during the day will help, it's not time wasted if it helps you collect yourself.. I've often resorted to a few moments in a toilet cubicle as it's one place you won't be bothered.. Take care..

I do it myself a good few times a week too. It can really make a huge difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Major food binge. I fcuking hate myself. Filth

heyday30 wrote: »

You're the furthest thing from filth, H.

• Advertisement

You're the furthest thing from filth, H.

Hard to have control sometimes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hard to have control sometimes.

It really is.. I vary from knowing what I'm doing and doing it anyway to mindlessly chomping through something completely without noticing.. Hugs for you Heyday..

It really is.. I vary from knowing what I'm doing and doing it anyway to mindlessly chomping through something completely without noticing.. Hugs for you Heyday..

Trying to fill a void I guess. Mindless eating. That's it no more junk in the house I can't afford to be putting on more weight.

Thanks grem n hugo x

Trying to fill a void I guess. Mindless eating. That's it no more junk in the house I can't afford to be putting on more weight.

Thanks grem n hugo x

Night pet. x

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

Major food binge.

I did the same thing. The look of disgust on Mam's face as she saw me eating my second muffin of the day! But you know, it happens. Tomorrow is a new day and you'll have another chance.

I did the same thing. The look of disgust on Mam's face as she saw me eating my second muffin of the day! But you know, it happens. Tomorrow is a new day and you'll have another chance.

Your mam wouldn't want to see what I ate this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Major food binge. I fcuking hate myself. Filth[/QUOTE

Dont beat yourself up over it H. I often gorge on chocolate or ice cream if im feeling bad. Its a natural thing.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Major food binge. I fcuking hate myself. Filth[/QUOTE

Dont beat yourself up over it H. I often gorge on chocolate or ice cream if im feeling bad. Its a natural thing.

True mg :)
    . I'm over it now. Just feeling the effects Of the belly ache. ****e food n crohns don't mix Unfortunately.

Thanks friends x

I'm disgusted, been sleeping like mad the last while. First night I need decent sleep? Nope. Wide awake.

Try not to beat yourself up too much Scrim, nerves have a part to play, pretty much everyone faces a few butterflies. A few days to get your rhythm..

• Advertisement

I feel like I'm awake too early. Knackered already and I haven't even started. I can't see this "no caffeine after lunch " thing working out so well... Want to be back in my bed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

really sorry to hear that, if it makes it easier for you you're not alone in this.. among other things I happen to have this too..
    my therapist sent me to OA meetings its good to hear how other people cope..
    have bulimic eating disorder meaning going few kilos up and down in a very short period of time but two years ago with my depression it went over the moon
    im managing it now more or less.. meaning phases of more then phases of less.. sometimes there's nothing i can do about it but wait for the coin to turn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Still having a few issues with anxiety. Its definitely not as bad as it was, I'm not really getting the random anxiety anymore. There are still situations which can trigger it so I'm not sure if I need to go from 20 to 30mg per day.

I was going to go see the GP next week to check in but she is off so I'm having a phone consultation with her this week instead. She is only in this Thursday and my prescription runs out next week so I didn't have much option. Am slightly nervous about it.

Was anxious this am (usual Monday morning) but I did something new. I realised I would have had to go travelling with work this time next week had I not agreed with them otherwise. So I just imagined how anxious I would have been if I had to do that and the relief that I don't. It helped.

Eugh the situation from yesterday is still running through my mind. I have dbt tomorrow so at least I can discuss it there.

It's like I never left work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

It's like I never left work!

Is that good or bad?

Is that good or bad?

Definitely good, slotted right back in. Couple of moments of "how do I...." but otherwise it's fine. Nothing changed. Even my postit note listing incomplete jobs when I was leaving was still on my desk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Definitely good, slotted right back in. Couple of moments of "how do I...." but otherwise it's fine. Nothing changed. Even my postit note listing incomplete jobs when I was leaving was still on my desk

Thats good to hear scrim. Its nice to have a sense of familiarity when you go back to work.

Delighted Scrim!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

I got through today and yesterday. Feel such a fraud.i am totally disassociated and it seems normal. Hate this thing. Meds are knocking me and making me dopey all day. Not taking them tonight as I have to get up in time to get train to Dublin for my dbt tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement