Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mg1982 wrote: »
    I know how you feel hugo. It feels like been on a different wavelength to everyone. It is hard in the workplace to make friends, i think most people these days like to just go in and do there days work and go home. You will have a certain amount of interaction but not in any meaningful sense so making friends is hard.

To be honest, I'd have no interest in most of them in there anyway. On a practical level, just not real common interests. I've done the small talk, but it just bored me to death.

Outside of there, there's like zero interactions with people who aren't my family.

All this just gets a bit much at times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I don't interact at work at all. Pointless at most places even my regular shift. I have a few friends but I'm very careful how much I talk to them..

I don't interact at work at all. Pointless at most places even my regular shift. I have a few friends but I'm very careful how much I talk to them..

Cherish those friends, Grem.

Sorry for being mopey, chums. Just one of them days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I think we should have a Sunday dispensation, an allowance for the fact that it's a rough day. Don't apologise Hugo mon, I've a dose of the 'woe is me' going on too.

• Advertisement

I think we should have a Sunday dispensation, an allowance for the fact that it's a rough day. Don't apologise Hugo mon, I've a dose of the 'woe is me' going on too.

*hugs*

What's on your mind there, G?

Nothing too serious so far Hugo, not long up so not really in my head if ya get me?.

Nothing too serious so far Hugo, not long up so not really in my head if ya get me?.

I do yeah. Our heads can be funny fuckers at times, can't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

What meds were you taking fg if you dont mind me asking? Some meds can make you feel spaced out. It sounds like dissociation where things start feeling unreal. Its not an uncommon symptom with mental illness or strong medication.

Well It's seroquel normal 300mg I take and it's not new meds so was weird tbh

I wasn't spaced out like disassociated it was as if I was in weird reality. Just weird
    Still feel wonky today

They can indeed Hugo, both types of funny too.

Hi Freudian, it could be just the few nights off meds that did it?. It should calm in another day or so I hope..

• Advertisement

I'm more fond of the "LOL" funny though!

I'm more fond of the "LOL" funny though!

Me too, the uh oh is wearisome. Just on way to work now. Busy busy town..

Hi Freudian, it could be just the few nights off meds that did it?. It should calm in another day or so I hope..

Well I didn't stop taking them.
    It's weird, not feeling right tbh

Me too, the uh oh is wearisome. Just on way to work now. Busy busy town..

I hope work goes ok, Grem. x :)

Mention it next time you see someone Freudian, just to keep track.

It'll be grand Hugo I think. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

greenfrogs wrote: »
    I had a minor encounter with a team mate today. She would nearly be shouting in my face telling me what to do. I told her to concentrate on what she is doing and not to be telling me what to do. Her manner is so rude. She told me that she is loud. I then told her she can be loud but to also listen. Earlier in the training she had done a skill in a different way to what we were told to practise. Easy mistake to make but her mistake resulted in me being repeatedly hit in the body and once in the face by her. When I was trying to tell her this she just talked over me. And I don't even trust her judgement. She had called me out before and she was the one in the wrong.

Some people can be very overbearing gf and dont like to listen or be told what to do.

Some people can be very overbearing gf and dont like to listen or be told what to do.

They really can. Often they can see no wrong in their actions and do not like to hear otherwise. Fuck 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I'm so glad you think that. I really have told it like it happened and I was wondering if I was in the wrong. But the trainers themselves are so nice and encouraging. I know that their aim is to encourage people to do their best. That girl was overstepping the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Big dose of no! going on here.

Want to not exist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

greenfrogs wrote: »
    I'm so glad you think that. I really have told it like it happened and I was wondering if I was in the wrong. But the trainers themselves are so nice and encouraging. I know that their aim is to encourage people to do their best. That girl was overstepping the line.

is she from kilkenny

• Advertisement

Want to not exist

I can very much relate at the moment, ScrimS.

Jesus, why do our own heads **** with us so much?!

Want to not exist

I get it. Feeling rotten since last night. I am freaked out by it. Still feeling out of touch and managed to put on mask to get through today.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Came very close to having a panic attack in a clothes shop yesterday. Started panicking about how fat I felt and felt like everyone was staring at me and could barely breathe and had to run out in tears. I'm fine if I don't remember to think like that but once the thought pops into my head it builds so damn fast and I'm not able to calm down at all. I just feel so repulsive and that everyone is staring at me thinking how huge and ugly I am and it feels like all the walls are closing in on me. I don't know what to do about it. I'm not even overweight yet I am so paranoid about the idea. It's ridiculous because it's so obvious to me now that no one would be looking at me and even if they were and even if I was overweight it's not as if they'd even remotely care. I couldn't give a toss what other people look like?

Hugs Scrim, it's not easy at fcuking all. Was horrible dragging myself in this evening. I wonder why I bother..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

I think the funniest thing in my life is that I could put myself in harm's way intentionally and nothing would happen. I could walk the M50 without getting a scratch on me. I could wander around sheriff Street with headphones on and not a damned thing would happen.

I get it. Feeling rotten since last night. I am freaked out by it. Still feeling out of touch and managed to put on mask to get through today.
    Came very close to having a panic attack in a clothes shop yesterday. Started panicking about how fat I felt and felt like everyone was staring at me and could barely breathe and had to run out in tears. I'm fine if I don't remember to think like that but once the thought pops into my head it builds so damn fast and I'm not able to calm down at all. I just feel so repulsive and that everyone is staring at me thinking how huge and ugly I am and it feels like all the walls are closing in on me. I don't know what to do about it. I'm not even overweight yet I am so paranoid about the idea. It's ridiculous because it's so obvious to me now that no one would be looking at me and even if they were and even if I was overweight it's not as if they'd even remotely care. I couldn't give a toss what other people look like?
    Hugs Scrim, it's not easy at fcuking all. Was horrible dragging myself in this evening. I wonder why I bother..

What the hell has it been about this week?! We all seem to be finding it tough.

What the hell has it been about this week?! We all seem to be finding it tough.

Can only speak for myself but i find every week tough so not much change really for me. But ya i guess some are tougher than others.

Can only speak for myself but i find every week tough so not much change really for me. But ya i guess some are tougher than others.

Yeah, this one just seems to have been worse than the usual bad ones for a lot in here.

I hope the week ahead gives us all some relief.

Yeah, this one just seems to have been worse than the usual bad ones for a lot in here.

I hope the week ahead gives us all some relief.

Hopefully the week ahead goes smooth for you hugo and for everyone on here.

• Advertisement

Hopefully the week ahead goes smooth for you hugo and for everyone on here.

And you, MG. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement