Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Feeling so abandoned by my doctor :(

Come on now.We'll need more than that. Hope you feel better today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sumtingwong

Anyone else find mornings toughest and then get a bit better as the day goes on?? Find myself really struggling at work (teacher) but I know it's not the work that's doing it, just have it in my head that work is hard so therefore it is.....

Thoughts??

Anyone else find mornings toughest and then get a bit better as the day goes on?? Find myself really struggling at work (teacher) but I know it's not the work that's doing it, just have it in my head that work is hard so therefore it is.....

Thoughts??

I find mornings a huge struggle, I don't know if it's the meds, the bipolar or just me being a night person.
    Getting out of bed is a struggle, it takes until midday to clear the fog from my head, my muscles ache, I feel lethargic. I am basically a zombie til lunch time. I try to have a nap around lunchtime where possible.
    My wife wakes up at like 6am and is bright as a berry. She just cannot understand why I am so 'lazy' in the mornings. Wish I could put her in my shoes just for a couple of days.

I find mornings a huge struggle, I don't know if it's the meds, the bipolar or just me being a night person.
    Getting out of bed is a struggle, it takes until midday to clear the fog from my head, my muscles ache, I feel lethargic. I am basically a zombie til lunch time. I try to have a nap around lunchtime where possible.
    My wife wakes up at like 6am and is bright as a berry. She just cannot understand why I am so 'lazy' in the mornings. Wish I could put her in my shoes just for a couple of days.

I would like to take a walk in all your shoes just to see what kind of stuff we are all going through and how we all feel...Would be interesting.....

Do you mind me asking what meds you are on and how long??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Thoughts??

Definitely. Though ever since I quit my job I'm not as bad. A lot of that is due to not having the "wake-dread-snooze-wake again-feel worse dread cos should have got up earlier-rush" cycle that I had. My work issues involved being bullied and the effect that had on me long term (I'd be anxious about stupid stuff and even having to deal with nice people), but the work itself was fine - even when stressed it was the good kind of stress.

Still wake with general anxiety though. But it does go away once I'm up and about (once I hit the shower usually). Mostly it's a case of "lots to do, not enough hours in the day". It's hard to explain, it's not as if I have anything crazy urgent to do (often it might be run an errand, meet someone at some point). I dont know where the anxiety comes from, or why i get it when im just after waking up to a non-scary day. I may go to my GP about it as a result of just writing it here. I've a stressful scary time ahead and this is disturbing me that I'm anxious after waking.

Thankfully I've noticed I'm a little more aware of how my mind is working. I hope it's related to the small amount of CBT I tried. Like, if I wake and get the dread I tell myself it's a nice day ahead, and to just get up as that helped me feel better previously. Then if I do get a bit antsy about doing stuff after I'll just try and breathe and tell myself to do even one chore or errand and to enjoy the sense of achievement. It;s easier said than done and a constant effort but I am more in tune with this.

Still have the "heavy heart" dread feeling that only deep breaths are helping. Bleh!

• Advertisement

I would like to take a walk in all your shoes just to see what kind of stuff we are all going through and how we all feel...Would be interesting.....

Do you mind me asking what meds you are on and how long??

Lexapro and Risperdal plus Xanax if needed. Have been on that combination for 3+ years now with occasional dosage adjustments.

Lexapro and Risperdal plus Xanax if needed. Have been on that combination for 3+ years now with occasional dosage adjustments.

Any improvement on the lex??? That's the one I think I'll be going on...

stinkle wrote: »
    Definitely. Though ever since I quit my job I'm not as bad. A lot of that is due to not having the "wake-dread-snooze-wake again-feel worse dread cos should have got up earlier-rush" cycle that I had. My work issues involved being bullied and the effect that had on me long term (I'd be anxious about stupid stuff and even having to deal with nice people), but the work itself was fine - even when stressed it was the good kind of stress.

Still wake with general anxiety though. But it does go away once I'm up and about (once I hit the shower usually). Mostly it's a case of "lots to do, not enough hours in the day". It's hard to explain, it's not as if I have anything crazy urgent to do (often it might be run an errand, meet someone at some point). I dont know where the anxiety comes from, or why i get it when im just after waking up to a non-scary day. I may go to my GP about it as a result of just writing it here. I've a stressful scary time ahead and this is disturbing me that I'm anxious after waking.

Thankfully I've noticed I'm a little more aware of how my mind is working. I hope it's related to the small amount of CBT I tried. Like, if I wake and get the dread I tell myself it's a nice day ahead, and to just get up as that helped me feel better previously. Then if I do get a bit antsy about doing stuff after I'll just try and breathe and tell myself to do even one chore or errand and to enjoy the sense of achievement. It;s easier said than done and a constant effort but I am more in tune with this.

Still have the "heavy heart" dread feeling that only deep breaths are helping. Bleh!

Heavy heart waking up....get that...it's like I dont just wake up naturally like I used to, I shock myself awake with anxiety in the hope that it will somehow it will have magically vanished....Any ideas on how to truly accept that this won't happen and helpful strategies etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

My mind and body don't function till at least mid-day. Don't matter what time I get up. The brain fog, lethargy feeling of heaviness.

anxiety kicks in soon there after.
    I've tried taking meds at different times of the day ECT but no use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

handbagmad wrote: »
    My mind and body don't function till at least mid-day. Don't matter what time I get up. The brain fog, lethargy feeling of heaviness.

anxiety kicks in soon there after.
    I've tried taking meds at different times of the day ECT but no use.

when i get up i do be the same. I often put t-shirts on the wrong way around i do be so sort of not with it.

I get a coffee and sort of ease into the day.

i can only imagine having to go into an office in such a state and mingle with people. It would be torture. Im like a zombie in the morning. i wouldnt last a week in such an environment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Work was particularly stressful today. Some immediate changes were suddenly dropped on us too. I don't like change because it can be unknown and out of one's own control.

Work was particularly stressful today. Some immediate changes were suddenly dropped on us too. I don't like change because it can be unknown and out of one's own control.

yea im a man of certainty and repetition myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Roquentin wrote: »
    when i get up i do be the same. I often put t-shirts on the wrong way around i do be so sort of not with it.

I get a coffee and sort of ease into the day.

i can only imagine having to go into an office in such a state and mingle with people. It would be torture. Im like a zombie in the morning. i wouldnt last a week in such an environment

I had to leave work for that reason.
    I have to be on my own when I get up. I don't know what I do be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

You get a rush of cortisol/adrenline or something like that in the morning - as your body wakes you up. So I think that is part of the morning feeling i think. I feel like I have to "do something" when I'm lying in bed and my head seems to be screaming "I dont want to do it". Its not really about anything though , its a kind of dread / fear thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dr.Alucard

cloud493 wrote: »
    First day of classes, monday was just induction.
    Like all of it. The hour and a half travel time, then 5 hours or so of classes.

how did you fare out today cloud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wasn't good to be honest.

Thoughts??

yes!! very much so, although i think mine is partly due to my meds, i get up at 7am and dont feel alert untill 11oc or so. :(

Wasn't good to be honest.

Sorry to hear that cloud. maybe you could speak with your doc tomorow and ask him for something to take the edge off, just for the coming week to help you get settled in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Found this poem, now a warning, it's about self harm though not hugely graphic. I know this can be a dangerous subject, i am not trying to castigate people or justify either.. I just think that this is an interesting poem that may prove an eye opener for some people..

http://lit.genius.com/Simon-armitage-i-say-i-say-i-say-annotated

Found this poem, now a warning, it's about self harm though not hugely graphic. I know this can be a dangerous subject, i am not trying to castigate people or justify either.. I just think that this is an interesting poem that may prove an eye opener for some people..

http://lit.genius.com/Simon-armitage-i-say-i-say-i-say-annotated

Totally off topic, but I met that guy at a poetry day thing when I was doing my GSCE's :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I regret i haven't been reading much poetry last few years, and you're out there meeting them!!

That was years ago :p when we asked for a picture for the school website, he made us all lean to left for it, so now it looks weird.

He's interesting, and of course more modern than people like Sylvia Plath. More relevant i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Thought exercise was supposed to help. Took up jogging a few weeks ago and if anything I feel worse. Had a panic attack while out jogging with my friend tonight. It was horrible. The worst I've had. My limbs felt really light and cold. Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Thought exercise was supposed to help. Took up jogging a few weeks ago and if anything I feel worse. Had a panic attack while out jogging with my friend tonight. It was horrible. The worst I've had. My limbs felt really light and cold. Horrible.

This happened a pal of mine a few times. He just walked when he felt the panic coming on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

shezer wrote: »
    This happened a pal of mine a few times. He just walked when he felt the panic coming on.

Yeah I tried that, didn't work. Had to just sit down for a while. My friend didn't understand which isn't her fault. She just thought I couldn't hack the jog :o

hyperventilation: makes it harder to concentrate and run. same used happen me when you playing a football match. Used get nervous and couldnt run at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

how is everyone? Batten down the hatches for another weekend for me about 2 or 3 months now since I've stopped going out completely, very tough, very sad time.

I can hear a party a few doors down, and its making me sad and anxious in equal measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

why anxious?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement