Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No eggs here but it's not really my thing anyway.. Tea will keep me going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mg1982 wrote: »
    Im not too bad. Didnt eat many easter eggs as chocolate gives me terrible heartburn. Got a bit of exercise in today which helps. How about you guys?

Chased a baby around the garden. Best workout ever! lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

greenfrogs wrote: »
    I only go to college part time but I'm so happy to be off for 2 weeks. I love feeling really free. Even though I have to study it's so good knowing I don't have anything else I have to do. I think it's probably due to the depression and anxiety. They can feel very overpowering at times so the tiniest responsibility can set me over the edge.

I love being off but I tend to do nothing.. since my last week in college i've hardly moved out of the house..

I also have assignments to do but just can't bring myself to start them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Chased a baby around the garden. Best workout ever! lol :D

That will burn the calories allright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Haven't felt much company for anyone today.
    Still feeling really ****e with this dose. Thought I was better this morning I feel miserable in every sense.

I'm getting really peeved I just want to feel healthy. On a concoction of tablets steroids and sleeping tablets and cough syrups.

I don't know weather I'm coming or going.

Apologies rant over

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aww Heyday you're allowed to feel miserable, you sound to be going through a right dose.. Find some cheap laughs on the Internet for yourself.. When I'msick the silliest humour can be the best for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

carzony wrote: »
    I love being off but I tend to do nothing.. since my last week in college i've hardly moved out of the house..

I also have assignments to do but just can't bring myself to start them...

Unfortunately I'm not actually doing my study either. I'll start Tuesday..hopefully

Heyday30 I hope you feel better soon. There is nothing worse than being sick.

heyday30 wrote: »
    Haven't felt much company for anyone today.
    Still feeling really ****e with this dose. Thought I was better this morning I feel miserable in every sense.

I'm getting really peeved I just want to feel healthy. On a concoction of tablets steroids and sleeping tablets and cough syrups.

I don't know weather I'm coming or going.

Apologies rant over

Hope you feel better soon heyday, and you get to enjoy the nice weather this week.

Aww Heyday you're allowed to feel miserable, you sound to be going through a right dose.. Find some cheap laughs on the Internet for yourself.. When I'msick the silliest humour can be the best for me..

Just back from the pets and animals forum. I look at the pics thread makes me smile.

I know it's just the meds mainly the steroids... They can drive me a little scatty.

heyday30 wrote: »
    Just back from the pets and animals forum. I look at the pics thread makes me smile.

I know it's just the meds mainly the steroids... They can drive me a little scatty.

Yah I love pics of cute cats and dogs. A photo of my niece always puts a smile on my face as well.

Steroids suck I imagine. They can have bad side effects. Will you be finished them soon?

• Advertisement

Yah I love pics of cute cats and dogs. A photo of my niece always puts a smile on my face as well.

Steroids suck I imagine. They can have bad side effects. Will you be finished them soon?

Finished Wednesday all going well. X thanks gf.

I have no work tomorrow but I think I have a dose of the Sunday (Monday) blues. It's probably because the house will be empty tomorrow and I'll have to get back to my regular routine. I suppose it is a good sign I actually enjoyed the weekend. I even got enjoyment from doing the most basic things. Usually it's holidays like these that would make me feel lonely and down.

I am beginning to feel the financial pressure of not having a job. Things that wouldn't be an issue for others are for me. I don't have the money to attend a few family celebrations this summer. It is just too expensive and to be honest it would be quite likely I wouldn't enjoy myself. And I don't think I could handle people continuously asking what I'm up to these days. The answer would just depress me.

Have a bit of the Sunday night blues here too. :-/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Have a bit of the Sunday night blues here too. :-/

At least you're not dying sick like me here as well! :D :pac: I really have to go to work tomorrow as well though. Far too much to do. :eek::D

Off to bed with a Beechem's Hot Lemon or equivalent now I'd say.

Apart from that though, I'm not in the worst place I've ever been which is a blessing!

Wilberto wrote: »
    At least you're not dying sick like me here as well! :D :pac: I really have to go to work tomorrow as well though. Far too much to do. :eek::D

Off to bed with a Beechem's Hot Lemon or equivalent now I'd say.

Apart from that though, I'm not in the worst place I've ever been which is a blessing!

*bro-hugs*

Goodnight man, hopefully you'll feel better in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Feeling it here a bit too. Things at work are just going to **** in just about every way. it's hard to face.

I've been unsure of what day it is since Friday which is massively unlike me as I'm usually very on the ball with it while on my work week.. It's got me unsettled for the last few days so that plus nightmares which are too lucid have me frazzled and anxious. Seems we're all in a rocky boat today folks.

I've been unsure of what day it is since Friday which is massively unlike me as I'm usually very on the ball with it while on my work week.. It's got me unsettled for the last few days so that plus nightmares which are too lucid have me frazzled and anxious. Seems we're all in a rocky boat today folks.

Sometimes it seems like a rocky boat with a few holes thrown for good measure.

Those nightmares sound scary. Is it that they are very vivid or real?

Sometimes it seems like a rocky boat with a few holes thrown for good measure.

Those nightmares sound scary. Is it that they are very vivid or real?

Yeah extremely real.. While the scenarios are a bit off the wall they are very much in the here and now, mixing in details of day to day life.. It can make me feel very dissociated from life when I wake up..

Yeah extremely real.. While the scenarios are a bit off the wall they are very much in the here and now, mixing in details of day to day life.. It can make me feel very dissociated from life when I wake up..

Jesus, Grem. *hugs* That sounds mighty rough.

• Advertisement

The last two nights I actually experienced the same. It included something that happened to me around easter a few years ago which greatly distresses me. However it also included scenarios that are off the wall like you mentioned. Dreams can be very strange alright. I hope it passes for you soon.

It takes a good portion of the day to shake it as I often get "stills" of the dream flash in my mind while awake. It's happened on and off for many years now though so takes a lot to really really disturb me I think.

It takes a good portion of the day to shake it as I often get "stills" of the dream flash in my mind while awake. It's happened on and off for many years now though so takes a lot to really really disturb me I think.

Yah I can imagine that the dream sticks with you throughout the day. Not good especially if it contains upsetting details. Luckily my dream included an outrageous scenario that distracted me from own personal situation. In fact for the next few weeks this situation will be at the forefront of my mind. Last year it caused me great distress. Hopefully it will pass far easier this time.

It's a pain though to have such dreams especially for such a long period of time.

Mood just fell off a cliff in the last half hour or so.. Now have that kinda hollow chested feeling. Empty or husk like except for one sharp pain.. Have to be somewhat productive later. Damn it to hell..

Mood just fell off a cliff in the last half hour or so.. Now have that kinda hollow chested feeling. Empty or husk like except for one sharp pain.. Have to be somewhat productive later. Damn it to hell..

Hope you managed to make it through the night grem and you feel better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Sorry to hear that, Grem. Hope this passes soon for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Hate that feeling Grem - hope it's passed and that you're feeling a bit better.

Was on a really packed train earlier and it sent me into an irrational angry spiral. Thank god no one was in the house when I got in cause I was ready for an argument and would have said a few things that would have caused some serious bother...

Calmed down a bit now and going to watch some tv (have new episodes of Community, Last Week Tonight and Mad Men to watch yay).

Are you feeling any better today scrim?

Hate that feeling Grem - hope it's passed and that you're feeling a bit better.

Was on a really packed train earlier and it sent me into an irrational angry spiral. Thank god no one was in the house when I got in cause I was ready for an argument and would have said a few things that would have caused some serious bother...

Calmed down a bit now and going to watch some tv (have new episodes of Community, Last Week Tonight and Mad Men to watch yay).

Are you feeling any better today scrim?

I'm glad you have calmed down and didn't have any arguments. I have been there many times and the arguments cause problems in the long term.

Are you planning on watching the new season of Mad Men? I hope it's a great season. I must start it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Feeling different, EI but not sure how. Doesn't make sense really. even with the meds increase I'm not sleeping anymore. not really seeing a way out of the mess I've gotten into. All looking a bit bleak now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I'm glad you have calmed down and didn't have any arguments. I have been there many times and the arguments cause problems in the long term.

Are you planning on watching the new season of Mad Men? I hope it's a great season. I must start it tonight.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to see how they end it.

Oh god I know, lost a really close friend because of arguments like that :( don't want to lose any more, and it easily could have happened today if my housemate was at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement