Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Gongoozler wrote: »
    My Christmas visit ended with my sister shouting at me to not bother coming back.

She's a horrible person. And I'm done with her. Unfortunately it means never seeing my nephews again, but it's not worth it anymore.
    On my way home now, going to see my boyfriend and maybe visit his family. They're actually nice to me.

That's so sad to hear GG. Maybe just give it some time and things will improve.

In the meantime, visit with your BF's family and enjoy their company. Hope it goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

My heart is going out to all of you who had a tough few days of it.

Finally able to eat something today nicest rashers n toast ever.

Chin up folks x

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Rashers and toast.....yummy.

I feel way better today. My throat is not half as swollen. I still get the odd sharp pain in my ear.

That's good CZ. Its an awful dose whatever bug it is I've lost almost a Stone weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

A bug that makes ya lose a stone in weight......GIVE IT TO ME :pac:

Haha my thoughts exactly.

Wouldn't give it to my worst enemy. Ten days of hell.

I'll put up that weight soon enough don't worry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

anxiety/depression is awful these days because of the LC, it's so bad I have to ask for reasonable accommodation for my exams :( hate feeling like an outcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

anxiety/depression is awful these days because of the LC, it's so bad I have to ask for reasonable accommodation for my exams :( hate feeling like an outcast

That's not unusual at all, try not to feel bad about it.

That's not unusual at all, try not to feel bad about it.

Oh I know however it is unusual in my school

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

There's no shame in it IMS. Help like that is there to be used.

• Advertisement

There's no shame in it IMS. Help like that is there to be used.

I know I just feel so useless that I cannot even enter an exam hall

Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses.

XiLoTxuR213K4380Y8Np317j53W2e56F42f9nI1kjX347n71s3g0oJG8846fx824.jpg

Aw, a nice positive quote :)
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Try not to worry about it is mise spartacus. I had accommodations too during my LC, a good few other people in your class will too I'm sure. People are granted them for loads of reasons. It's nice to have your own space to do the exams in.

Psych put me on a higher dosage of meds a few weeks back, think they're kicking in. Ibe been going through a period of low mood these past few months. So many other issues to deal with; anxiety, an ED, self harm and then all the other BPD stuff. I feel like I'll never be able to fix them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

greenfrogs wrote: »
    It seems that you made the right decision. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays and that your boyfriend spoils you. :)

Also hopefully your sister will calm down and recognise that it is important that you and your nephews should stay in contact.

I know it probably sounds negative but I don't think she will. Besides, I've decided myself that it's not worth it. I'll send them stuff for their birthdays and that'll be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

I thought I was the only one who dreaded Christmas. I don't get on with my family(parents and sister) as 2 of them are really not nice. Thankfully they are in another county. My husbands family and my immediate family here are great and yet I still wish it was all over.

Its just such sh***, people going mad over WHAT? talking about Christmas as though it was the biggest and best thing ever and we all have to be so happy.

Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus, not an excuse to spend stupid money on people who have everything. Its just another day.

Now the questions will be "well how did you get over Christmas?, Did you have a good Christmas?"

I could just scream, I'm sick of it all. I'm finding it hard to enjoy anything about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Made a bad choice.. Now there are intrusive thoughts and bad urges. Very trigger happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Made a bad choice.. Now there are intrusive thoughts and bad urges. Very trigger happy.

What's up??

I feel so tired and bored. Boredom is never good for me. My thoughts and mood go to a dark place. I am trying to avoid that place but I'm not sure I can. I wish it was January already

• Advertisement

I feel so tired and bored. Boredom is never good for me. My thoughts and mood go to a dark place. I am trying to avoid that place but I'm not sure I can. I wish it was January already

Why January? Watch a movie, play a game?

fr336 wrote: »
    Why January? Watch a movie, play a game?

Good question. I have no idea why January. Being honest nothing will be different then.

Yah I'll watch a film later. Bought a couple of dvds today. I might take a small nap first. I have no idea why I am so tired. Maybe it's all the junk food :(

Felt a bit restless earlier. Like cabin fever or something. I had to get out so I just took a 5 minute drive around the block. Usually I'm grand with being at home for days at a time. I'm a shutin for Christ sake.

Good question. I have no idea why January. Being honest nothing will be different then.

Yah I'll watch a film later. Bought a couple of dvds today. I might take a small nap first. I have no idea why I am so tired. Maybe it's all the junk food :(

Won't help!

Things can change from January 1st, it is a clean slate of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Felt a bit restless earlier. Like cabin fever or something. I had to get out so I just took a 5 minute drive around the block. Usually I'm grand with being at home for days at a time. I'm a shutin for Christ sake.

I'll get the gun. Let's do this.

I'll get the gun. Let's do this.

That was actually so dark that it made me genuinely laugh out loud! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

That was actually so dark that it made me genuinely laugh out loud! :D

I was thinking more like drive bys but i'll take dark...:cool:

triggers and thoughts... great

I think for me is that my usual routine is thrown out a bit. I get down if I don't keep active during the day. Also I feel like everyone else is out having a great time with friends and are happy relationships. And I am here on my own again.
    fr336 wrote: »
    Won't help!

Things can change from January 1st, it is a clean slate of sorts.

Yah that is my plan. I have a verrry long new year resolution list.

• Advertisement

Yah that is my plan. I have a verrry long new year resolution list.

Well, Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd rather set targets for the whole year rather than start everything straight away, sure to end in disaster and indeed nothing getting done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement