Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My anxiety is up again today.

Was told by a girl i know who i was talking to today on Facebook I sent her a link about the joys of being a waiter and the funny stuff you be told by people. There was one MEME about Gluten-Free.

enhanced-buzz-30715-1371215693-7.jpg

Thats the one in question she went off on one towards me saying that i am bad at my job don't know how to train staff proper with knowing peoples diets, that i cant train staff, that staff don't last long because i am a bad boss and countless order stuff.

All this over a MEME :rolleyes: i have deslexa and i rip the piss out of myself about it the time saying don't being asking me to spell something LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Hi Samapple789. I think that was very rude of her to go off on you like that. Maybe she was just having a bad day. Try and forget what she said to you.

Working with the public can be very taxing at times. I'm sure if you went to the ranting and raving forum you would have plenty of people agreeing with your meme ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Golden crispy roast potatoes-if that doesn't reduce anxiety, nothing will.

Does anyone find that when you're sick, you say to yourself "why me again?". I seem to get head colds and ear infections a lot lately. I'm sick of being sick.

Yep, get a dose of the poor me's every now and again. Im constantly sick with one thing or another. Try not say it most times.

Hi my therapist recommended reading the book called mind over mood but it is very expensive. Does anyone know where to get literature on CBT, depression and anxiety. Do libraries stock these books? I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Big day, feeling very down now because of some things people have said and done in the course of the day. I am feeling a little relieved now that I can cry a little bit myself and get it out. I suppose nothing us ever going to change in this respect so I really should just try forget about it all, try not to let it bother me and get on with things. But then the next few days are to be spent with the same people so how to move on? Is there ever really any moving on from this when you have nothing to move on to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Hi my therapist recommended reading the book called mind over mood but it is very expensive. Does anyone know where to get literature on CBT, depression and anxiety. Do libraries stock these books? I

I would like to know the answer to this too. Have your tried googling CBT workbooks or work sheets to help?

You should also email Chapters ( in Dublin ) to see if they have a second hand copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

Well ANOTHER bad day for me today.

Started with a bit of anxiety running an errant for the mother, then could feel it coming on on the way to the docs. Could feel the panic coming on me while sitting on the bus. The worst about this is I feel like people on the bus are noticing my panic and that makes me panic even more.

I really do hate this, just hope I can get through xmas till I get to see the psychologist in Jan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Do libraries stock these books?

I was recommended a book on mindfulness by my counsellor and it was available in the local library alright. There was a big enough section of books on those subjects there.

I don't know where you're living, but the Cork city libraries have an online catalogue which is very handy for checking the availability of books. I'd imagine Dublin would have the same thing, and probably the other cities at least.

BobCobb wrote: »
    I was recommended a book on mindfulness by my counsellor and it was available in the local library alright. There was a big enough section of books on those subjects there.

I don't know where you're living, but the Cork city libraries have an online catalogue which is very handy for checking the availability of books. I'd imagine Dublin would have the same thing, and probably the other cities at least.

I am in cork city too. I checked their online catologue and they have this book. :) Thanks a million for your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

This is how unfit I am...just about 10 laps up and down my stairs here and my breathing is worked so well that it feels like I'm high on the air around me :D I swear so much of my anxiety is down to shallow breathing, not helped by my weight.

• Advertisement

I've never let it get that bad before...too much lost sleep, no exercise, more and more junk food. I felt reborn on those stairs :P Still feel awful, like, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

My GF's counsellor has offered to meet her for an hour tomorrow because she finds Christmas very difficult.

My GF's counsellor has offered to meet her for an hour tomorrow because she finds Christmas very difficult.

That is lovely of the counsellor.

fr336 wrote: »
    That is lovely of the counsellor.

She's using me as her decoy cos she needs an excuse to pop away from her parents for an hour!!

Nobody about? Far too busy having fun :p

Nobody about? Far too busy having fun :p

She's not actually going to see me tomorrow, she just needs an excuse to pop out of her parents' house for a while

She's not actually going to see me tomorrow, she just needs an excuse to pop out of her parents' house for a while

:( Hope she's alright soon.

I'm around o/

I have to stay in boards as I need the distraction over the next few days. Already been one day with the family, and want to leave. They stress me out.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    I'm around o/

I have to stay in boards as I need the distraction over the next few days. Already been one day with the family, and want to leave. They stress me out.

Right with you there, whereabouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Hope everyone is feeling alright and not letting things get on top of them too much over this period. You guys' support has been so comforting at times, especially over the past few weeks Hope you all had/are having a nice Christmas Eve and enjoy Christmas Day :)

• Advertisement

bleach94 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is feeling alright and not letting things get on top of them too much over this period. You guys' support has been so comforting at times, especially over the past few weeks Hope you all had/are having a nice Christmas Eve and enjoy Christmas Day :)

Same to you, bleach. Either way the new year is on the way always a naturally nice time to feel like the past is the past to a certain extent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'm around o/

I'll be heading off for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon but I'll be online from the evening then, if you fancy chatting or anything like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

bleach94 wrote: »

You too Bleach! :)

Right with you there, whereabouts are you?

Back home at the moment, wouldn't like to say where.

I'm around o/

Yah I went for a nap earlier and was quite cranky after waking up. I knew we had visitors coming and I was in no mind to be preparing the food or for company. Felt quite stressed out. I am feeling fine now though. Going to try and get our for an hour or two on my own for the next few days or I'll get cabin fever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Miss handbag will be here tomorrow too for chats ECT.
    Miss puky mc puke head myself.
    I feel like sh1t an affect from anti biotics I believe....bleugh don't think I'll be having d big feast tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

For Christmas I got: severe dermatitis - looks like somebody put two hot irons around my nose and left them there. Doesn't feel much better. I'm taking solice in the fact that even though it's very bad, unusually it seems to have converged and the areas around it look perfect. So maybe the stuff I am using is causing it to die off, but it will look worse for a couple of days while it does. Positivity and all that.

I've to sit at the dinner table in full light and try and just erase my senses and wait for it to be over. Not going to speak.

Ah well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

franz-kafka-quote-my-peers-lately-have-found-companionship-through.jpg

:( Hope she's alright soon.

Thanks. She's fine! :-)

• Advertisement

Yeah can't be doing with this, going to get the first bus home tomorrow. And I'm not sure if I'll ever be back again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement