Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The convertible is an A124

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

tc20 wrote: »
    Two from Blackrock yesterday evening.
    I can't recall the Mercedes model nomenclature for their cabrios - perhaps someone here can (W124 man?)
    W124 = saloon
    C124 = coupe
    S124 = wagon
    ?124 = cabrio
    Also, is the Rover on an old NI reg?

Yes, OI = Belfast/Antrim

Some convertible Mercs are R-models, like the R129. I presume these are convertible-only models, unlike the 124 which is also a W,C & S model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

The convertible is an A124

that's it - cheers Duke

@ Type17 - yes I'm familiar about the R models, but knew the 124 didn't fall into that category, just wouldn't come to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Does anyone else come in here to see if they were spotted after an outing in their classic?!
    Haven't been caught yet.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Lurching wrote: »
    Does anyone else come in here to see if they were spotted after an outing in their classic?!
    Haven't been caught yet.

Same! But yesterday, for once, drove passed someone in a mini whilst in my mini. Normally only ever see other minis when driving one of the dailys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Hope you flashed the mini salute?
    What do you have?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hope you flashed the mini salute?
    What do you have?

1 Clubman and 1 "1293" GT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

antodeco wrote: »
    1 Clubman and 1 "1293" GT

My brother is working on a clubby he's trying to fit a 3cyl Toyota engine into. He's had a few others to.

Last I drove his clubman estate and meet a mini it was hands and feet out the windows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Have an spi myself. Last Sunday was in it and came across a beetle. Makes me smile!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I was merrily enjoying a drive up the Sally Gap in my Tii on Wednesday evening. Got out to take a photo with the supermoon behind the car, and a beautiful red F355 drives past. Some guys have all the fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

your story reminds me on this -
    I parked in this car park in Miami in my (rental) 5.0 Mustang vert, feeling all good about myself.
    Coming back out I see someone had parked a RR Ghost convertible.
    As my son and I oohhed and awed over it, a Phantom convertible pulled in. My young lad and I stood slacked jawed as he parked it.

I took this photo proving - no matter how good you think you are doing, there is always someone out there doing a bit better !

551237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭spuddy

Panhard CD. The first, and maybe last, time I'll ever see one.

WgKZAQ5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fidoodles

Transporter.jpg

IMG-20210427-172537-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Sorry no pic, but saw a Lancia Montecarlo on the M1 on Monday, red on a white ZV plate (at the front anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭w124man

Love the T25 van. One of the last 2wd ones as well. There is a really lovely white one living near Gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

At Monte Cassino today

51152560257_3d5228a6cd_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Came across these two sections of Morris Minor (1000) in Crookstown Service station, was comfortable place to have my tea and a bun!

552102.jpg

552103.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Garzard

In Supervalu Knocklyon yesterday afternoon.

552112.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

Garzard wrote: »
    In Supervalu Knocklyon yesterday afternoon.

552112.jpg

That's beautiful. There's a nice green vw bus right behind it too. :pac:

IMG-20210502-133829-01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Oooh, great double!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 borris4

Magnette in Kilkenny recently.

Nice old S-Class in Greystones recently.
    I've always thought this model is underrated, very elegant if somewhat staid lines, though the front double bumper looks a bit like Armco from this angle..

552250.jpg

edited to add I saw a silver Renault 5 turbo passing through Glenealy in Wicklow on Saturday but couldn't get a pic as I was driving. I think it was on ZV plates but not 100%

tc20 wrote: »
    Nice old S-Class in Greystones recently.
    I've always thought this model is underrated, very elegant if somewhat staid lines...

I agree, and that's the best colour too :D

sYDzxjr.jpg

@ Type17 - I think its "Thistle green", and yep, really suits the W116 and the R107/C107 (the SL model that ran from early 70s through to late 80s)

It's close to Thistle Silver (Silberdistel), but it's actually the earlier colour called Silbergrün (Silver Green).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Crap quality pic of an old 626 in pristine condition last week in the local Tesco.

20210428-164011.jpg
    20210428-163958.jpg

LR.jpg

Gorgeous little thing in Greystones yesterday evening

552505.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Garzard

Supervalu Knocklyon this evening, a common classic but still a nice, clean example and have seen it numerous times around the Southside.

552621.jpg

Advertisement