Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Degag wrote: »
    I think he definately had grown fond of her in his own way and was pretty protective of her in the end.

Still have hopes that he somehow makes it. My favourite character:(

Don't mention your favourite characters in case George R. R. Martin happens to be on Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

1huge1 wrote: »
    I don't believe Varys is going with Tyrion, at least thats how it looked to me.

I don't think he was planning on going but he heard the bells toll and that seemed to change his mind. Think he reckoned it was going to be too dangerous to stay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I don't think he was planning on going but he heard the bells toll and that seemed to change his mind. Think he reckoned it was going to be too dangerous to stay.
    You think the lads at the docks would know at this stage to shut the port the instant the bells go...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody offer any plausible explanation as to why Mance Ryder and his supposedly 100,000 strong army of wildlings waved the white flag to Stannis's numerically inferior forces?Did the Iron Bank of Bravosi buy that big a troop of soldiers and fleet of ships?

Am I the only one that is that the Ice Queen Cersei still lives?:D

The last 3 or 4 episodes have been outstanding..

Thought the Hound only said those hurtful things about killing the butcher boy and raping Sansa to provoke Arya into finishing him off as she seemed reluctant to do it.

DeVore wrote: »
    Varys is definitely going with Tyrion... whats going to happen to Tyrion now that his father is dead and he has no money in a foreign place?

Jaime might be able to get money to him perhaps.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Anybody offer any plausible explanation as to why Mance Ryder and his supposedly 100,000 strong army of wildlings waved the white flag to Stannis's numerically inferior forces?
    Wildlings were a bit rubbish weren't they? I fancy the wall would hold no bother to be honest if that's all they've got.
    Mance had no defences at all at his position. I thought he was supposed to be a clever one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

fearrua wrote: »
    Here, where the flip has Gendry Baratheon been this season?

He's a bastard ain't he? So he'd be a Rivers or a Stone, not a Baratheon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Cersei can't last much longer. The Lannisters are on a downward spiral. Tywin was the only one there with any sense of practicality. Cersei doesn't have the leadership qualities to properly run that family and stay out of trouble, I don't think. I think she's fcuked after this.

Wonder what is going to happen with the Mountain. Did the doctor guy say that he'd be changed if he somehow managed to recover from the poison? Changed in what way, I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Yeah by the way your man was talking it was as if hes gunna turn into some mutated monster like the Hulk!! MOUNTAIN SMASH!!!

At first I thought he'd be like a vegetable or unable to function properly in some way, but yer man said he'd still have his strength. Maybe he'll become even more lethal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cersei can't last much longer. The Lannisters are on a downward spiral. Tywin was the only one there with any sense of practicality. Cersei doesn't have the leadership qualities to properly run that family and stay out of trouble, I don't think. I think she's fcuked after this.

Wonder what is going to happen with the Mountain. Did the doctor guy say that he'd be changed if he somehow managed to recover from the poison? Changed in what way, I wonder.

I hope it doesn't end up with Jaime defending Cersei in some context, and getting killed! :eek: :(

They're not allowed kill Jaime, fcuk that, they can kill everyone else but Jaime gets a pass or I'm giving up on this show!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Wildlings were a bit rubbish weren't they? I fancy the wall would hold no bother to be honest if that's all they've got.
    Mance had no defences at all at his position. I thought he was supposed to be a clever one?

Its in the forrest in front of a 700 foot wall, what defences could he put in place that wouldnt be able to be spoted from the wall and he would have expected any backup troups to gather behind the wall rather than come via boat and attack him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

J. Marston wrote: »
    He's beaten to a pulp in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. He's done.

I'm sure Beric Dondarrion has come back from worse than that.

What if he got super clever? Next king of Seven Kingdoms? Yeah, necromagic doesn't usually work like that does it...

I wonder will Cersei ever find out that Jamie kind of betrayed her by helping Tyrion escape. Surely she's going to have a conniption when she realizes Tyrion is gone anyway? If she knows that Jamie was helping him the whole time, would she turn on him? I'm sure she won't be sad to see Tywin gone anyway.

I feel like Jamie might last a bit longer, but I feel like he might meet a grisly end at some point. I just feel like the Lannisters are doomed, bar Tyrion, and the longer they hang around King's Landing, the sooner it's going to happen too. There are too people ready to get rid of them as soon as they get the chance.

Do people think the Hounds death was left ambiguous on purpose? His death ended up being pretty crappy in the end, I can't stand Brienne she had no business basically claiming Arya. It'd be cool if he could turn it around but it doesn't look likely!

No, I think the implication was that she was leaving him to die alone, slowly and painfully.

Its in the forrest in front of a 700 foot wall, what defences could he put in place that wouldnt be able to be spoted from the wall and he would have expected any backup troups to gather behind the wall rather than come via boat and attack him.
    Wherever he was expecting them from he had no defences at all, so that hardly matters. Did you notice they were in a forest and so couldn't be seen from the wall?
    That forest seems to have grown back since last week too... must be bamboo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

GerB40 wrote: »
    He's a bastard ain't he? So he'd be a Rivers or a Stone, not a Baratheon.

It's a Waters in Kings Landing, but the special surnames are only for bastards of nobles - most of the non-nobles only have one name anyway.

The Game of Thrones wikia (no book spoilers) has a good article about it.

Also did Jamie defintely say it was Varys waiting for him, I was sure Jamie was setting him up to be killed?

Same thing did cross my mind but why would he when he was going to be killed anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Maybe the guy talking about how the mountain will change was about getting another actor....again :p

Same thing did cross my mind but why would he when he was going to be killed anyway!

I think it was cos it seemed really similar to when Ramsay was supposedly leading Theon Reek to safety and led him to the dungeon!

But, Jamie is such a boss these last 2 seasons no way he would have done that! That last goodbye was a damn touching moment actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Do you lads know what book to get to continue on from season 4? Can't wait a year for season 5, and by the way Tyrian is a cold ass mother5ucker
    Honestly, it's not really possible to do. On average, we're at the end of A Storm of Swords, book 3. But certain storylines are way behind, and others are way ahead. Not to mention a lot of things being changed. If you wanted to start reading, you could probably skip book 1, and maybe, MAYBE, book 2, but you're best bet would be to start at the very beginning.

Downside is then you'll have to go to the 'Have Read' thread, which is way worse than this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Do you lads know what book to get to continue on from season 4? Can't wait a year for season 5, and by the way Tyrian is a cold ass mother5ucker

I'd ask in the other thread while treading carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

They aren't filming in the same order as the books so there is no real answer to that question. Best answer honestly is to read from Book 1 onwards, and enjoy. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how much will be 'filled in' via the way he writes it from different characters' pov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Sickened that this is over, having to wait a year for this again will be torture.

Almost make you want to get into the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Maybe the guy talking about how the mountain will change was about getting another actor....again :p

"Duff man can't be killed, only the actors that portray him. Ooh yeah.."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I find it a bit of a pity that most of the characters that made the kings landing portion of the story have now left that location or been killed off in the show. Also Arya without the hound and Dany without Jorah- doesn't seem right.

I feel exactly the same. It was an epic season finale for a great season but I feel totally flat, not because we've to wait fcukin ages for 5 but because of all the epic characters, good and bad, who've gone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Essien wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be a touch of "Peter Griffin and the chicken" about that battle between Brienne and The Hound.

Lolz something similar popped into my head watching it, except it was an old sketch from the Fast Show called the very long punch up :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0he5k6shmw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Do people think the Hounds death was left ambiguous on purpose? His death ended up being pretty crappy in the end, I can't stand Brienne she had no business basically claiming Arya. It'd be cool if he could turn it around but it doesn't look likely!

If you don't see someone die on-screen there is always a reason. Television 101.

So much happened in this episode. The whole game has been turned on its head.

Advertisement