Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

fat bloke wrote: »
    If it's 5350 new, shouldn't it be 12 grand on the used market? Is that not how the Rolex market works? :)

:D

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Fluted bezel for sure. 16234, silver or black. Maybe even a 16233 two-tone, old school American Psycho jobbie. What do you think?
    Yeah that should sell quick enough. So on the DJ, fluted bezel or not? what metal? what face? there are so many permutations in the DJ.

There are very few of the black dial ones available second hand, so I figured I'd start there.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    seems on the pricey side to me, €5350 from rolex new with no discount
    nice photographs though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

There are very few of the black dial ones available second hand, so I figured I'd start there.

Damn man, if only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

OmegaGene wrote: »
    seems on the pricey side to me, €5350 from rolex new with no discount
    nice photographs though

I would assume that there is adverts tax on that...you need to go in low on adverts but not too low that you have no discounting room, everyone wants a discount on adverts. Personally I would remove the photos of it on a strap and on your own wrist, it makes people think of it as somebody elses watch rather than their shiny new purchase.
    Fluted bezel for sure. 16234, silver or black. Maybe even a 16233 two-tone, old school American Psycho jobbie. What do you think?

FLuted bezel 100%, its not a datejust without one.

Silver or black dial depends on your other watches and usual attire, blue dial is nice too.

Jingly jangly jubilee for sure, its got to be.

Two tone....god I dont now. I really like two tone, my wife has a 31mm TT DJ white dial, fluted bezel, numberials, as her "one and done" watch. I think its a stunner and goes with everything. I think that the bad rep that TT gets is unjustified, its a strong statement and I think is coming back into fashon. Having said that its not very sports and may give off the wrong vibe depending on your job and personality. I wouldn't get one myself, but I wish I had to ball to wear one. I just got a DJ 41 myself and its a class watch. I have 7.5''wrist and its not big at all, having said that I am short and broad, with short limbs, however something like a planet Ocean look massive on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Lads, there'd hardly be any interest in a Steinhart Aviation? In and around the 200 mark is what i'd be thinking. It's in perfect condition aside from a little wear on the strap (from being bent around wrist) - i'd struggle to find a scratch - and would come with an additional Nato and Zulu strap. I've no photos just at the moment but can provide if needed - there are some on the photos thread too. 2 years old - might even still be just in warranty. I love it any time I have it one, I just don't wear it all that much which is probably why it's in decent nick.

Actually, from their website, they don't seem to do it any more - just the chrono.

Edit: Sorry, it is out of warranty. Purchased July 2017 (I also purchased an O1G that year, got mixed up).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lads, there'd hardly be any interest in a Steinhart Aviation? In and around the 200 mark is what i'd be thinking.

Is it the GMT version? A really beautiful watch if it is.
    GLWS, I'd be all over it like a rash if I'd not recently being subjected to a frighteningly harsh new sanction by the wife of 1 in - 1 out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

banie01 wrote: »
    GLWS, I'd be all over it like a rash if I'd not recently being subjected to a frighteningly harsh new sanction by the wife of 1 in - 1 out :(

We've all been there.
    Time to initiate the "I'm minding it for a friend" procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Lads, there'd hardly be any interest in a Steinhart Aviation? In and around the 200 mark is what i'd be thinking. It's in perfect condition aside from a little wear on the strap (from being bent around wrist) - i'd struggle to find a scratch - and would come with an additional Nato and Zulu strap. I've no photos just at the moment but can provide if needed - there are some on the photos thread too. 2 years old - might even still be just in warranty. I love it any time I have it one, I just don't wear it all that much which is probably why it's in decent nick.

Actually, from their website, they don't seem to do it any more - just the chrono.

Edit: Sorry, it is out of warranty. Purchased July 2017 (I also purchased an O1G that year, got mixed up).

Consider it sold . Im in the market for a 3 hander, looks a good starting point ..

banie01 wrote: »

No, it's the plain one. Lovely piece, but it's time to let it go.

One watch in, one wife out? Seems reasonable! :pac:

• Advertisement

No, it's the plain one. Lovely piece, but it's time to let it go.

One watch in, one wife out? Seems reasonable! :pac:

Ahh but how does she know how many watches you have :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

aidankkk wrote: »
    Consider it sold . Im in the market for a 3 hander, looks a good starting point ..

If you don't take it, I'll go next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

200 seems very cheap considering these are around 450-500 new.

893bet wrote: »
    200 seems very cheap considering these are around 450-500 new.

It is, but I want rid and tried to move it before, with no luck. It wouldn't go up on Adverts for that, let me tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

VW 1 wrote: »
    If you don't take it, I'll go next in line.

In the unlikely event of neither of you taking it, I'll go next in line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Another taker here for that Steinhart

Ffs, where were you lot when I was selling at a higher price?! :pac:

Maybe I should auction it at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

OK, I've taken the plunge, so let's see what happens. Obviously, I'd prefer to sell to someone from here and all that goes with it:

https://www.adverts.ie/19283254
    Sent link to wife with a Christmas tree emoji

Met with aidankkk and completed sale this morning. Sorry to see it go, but needs must and happy a Boardsie got what i would consider a good deal. Aidan is a gent btw, no messing about - would happily do business with him again.

Thanks Frankie, delighted with the watch, nice clean lines, unlike most of the busy faces i bought. It a great start to Autos, with a nice sweeping easy to see second hand.

• Advertisement

This is my 114300 on Adverts. I presume it's ok to post it here (tell me if it's not). As always, if someone here is interested preferential rates apply...:

This is my 114300 on Adverts. I presume it's ok to post it here (tell me if it's not). As always, if someone here is interested preferential rates apply...:

I see the nutjob Vostok Ireland is giving his 2 cents already. Moron. Good luck with the sale, wish I could stump it up but alas...

I know. For a second I thought this was someone giving me helpful advice even though I didn't like his tone ("embarrassing"). Then I copped on.

Birneybau wrote: »
    I see the nutjob Vostok Ireland is giving his 2 cents already. Moron. Good luck with the sale, wish I could stump it up but alas...

I know. For a second I thought this was someone giving me helpful advice even though I didn't like his tone ("embarrassing"). Then I copped on.
    `

The strap looks lovely, though. What a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Lolled hard at the porridge comment.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

I've added a pre-emptive block on your profile there, he won't be able to comment on your ad further

/Edit/ Cleaned up the comments too

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Comments deleted. What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

He said to remove the pictures of the watch on the NATO strap because it was 'embarrassing'.

Spocker wrote: »
    I've added a pre-emptive block on your profile there, he won't be able to comment on your ad further

He's back as Bark and Jack, the absolute weirdo.

• Advertisement

That's great, thanks. Whoever it is has issues.
    Spocker wrote: »

Advertisement