Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

IamNew wrote: »
    Hi all, brand new blue alpinist (SPB089) for sale on adverts.ie (I can't post links yet). Feels too big for me since I've gotten used to 34 and 36mm watches. If you find it cheaper anywhere else I'll match it.

PM me the link and I'll put it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Hi all, brand new blue alpinist (SPB089) for sale on adverts.ie (I can't post links yet). Feels too big for me since I've gotten used to 34 and 36mm watches. If you find it cheaper anywhere else I'll match it.

This one ?
    https://www.adverts.ie/19158449

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12 IamNew

I understand the price but I think it's be crazy to spend that much on it. The green one is knocking around for half the price.. don't get me wrong it's lovely and I'd buy it at 450 but the market is a little nuts on this one

yeah seiko seems to be pushing the price up across all it's ranges. They've just announced a new alpinist to be released next year with similar pricing. I still feel it compares reasonably to alternatives in the price range but they're no longer great value for money as they once were.

OmegaGene wrote: »

Yes, thanks OmegaGene.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

• Advertisement

...and yet another watch for sale on adverts.ie! Only purchased the Longines Legend Diver (36mm version) last month and was sure it was a keeper but a watch that I've wanted now for some time has come up on the used market at a reasonable price so this will have to make way if it's going to happen.

Cant afford to take much of a hit on it so more so posting it in the hope that someone has been on the look out for this watch (it's quite hard to get hold of).

adverts.ie/sports/longines-legend-diver-36mm/19175369

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ps: again, new member, so can't post link.

See can you add the following to your post, may bypass the new member restriction:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Would any boardsie be interested in my Seiko SRPC49K1, considering selling it as it really isn't getting much wrist time at all. Known as the "Ninja Turtle" it is a limited edition and was quite sought after on release - believe it sold out everywhere. Mint condition and comes boxed. Would be hoping to get €750 for it based on prices elsewhere but open to offers.

12584978-zoom-v1570358201039.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

...and yet another watch for sale on adverts.ie! Only purchased the Longines Legend Diver (36mm version) last month and was sure it was a keeper but a watch that I've wanted now for some time has come up on the used market at a reasonable price so this will have to make way if it's going to happen.

Cant afford to take much of a hit on it so more so posting it in the hope that someone has been on the look out for this watch (it's quite hard to get hold of).

Here you go, https://www.adverts.ie/sports/longines-legend-diver-36mm/19175369

Cracking watch. You may want to rethink your asking price a little though. There's a brand new one available from a reputable dealer for a few hundred less on Chrono24.

If any boards members are in the market for a Superocean 2 chrono give me a shout. Comes with box, papers and brand new uncut rubber strap.

I may be willing to swap/part exchange.

Ideally I'm looking for a 42 or 45.5mm Planet Ocean on steel bracelet.

Screenshot-20191106-105309.jpg

IMG-20191031-173531.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

That's really beautiful Lizard King, what's the asking out of interest?

VW 1 wrote: »
    That's really beautiful Lizard King, what's the asking out of interest?

Cheers. PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Ideally I'm looking for a 42 or 45.5mm Planet Ocean on steel bracelet.

Aren't we all. Specifically the 42mm. The 2600 movement would do and if I could afford it maybe the 8900.

But thats just dreaming :D

If any boards members are in the market for a Superocean 2 chrono give me a shout. Comes with box, papers and brand new uncut rubber strap.

Breitling sold.

Alpina Flyback Chrono back up for sale if anyone is interested. RRP is €3,999. Will do a great deal for a W&T member.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/alpina-flyback-chrono/19217165

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi All

Slightly off topic, am looking to sell my Xaomi Airdots Pro

I bought them in June, I have used them and they are working fine and includes everything include the extra cushions (I have worn one set of cushions and they are on the pods)

Looking for 55 Euro inc shipping

Payment via Paypal or Revolut ( Revolut preferred as its free)

Any questions, please fire away

Some Pics..

JqR1CONb.jpg

DiWMLM8b.jpg

2ZC24vZb.jpg

q6X547yb.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

GMT Master II for sale again, relisted, I am such a indecisive idiot.

Price drop 10k, maybe 5% more for a sound buyer off the forum

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/2016-rolex-gmt-master-ii-black-ceramic/19022474

Ok gmt is likely gone to a sound chap I have dealt with many times before. Rubber strap is for sale. Best you can get if you want one.

http://www.adverts.ie/19250886

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Ok gmt is likely gone to a sound chap I have dealt with many times before. Rubber strap is for sale. Best you can get if you want one.

http://www.adverts.ie/19250886

If you got the 10k from him then that’s a good price IMO for a hassle free sale.

893bet wrote: »
    If you got the 10k from him then that’s a good price IMO for a hassle free sale.

Doing a trade to rebuy a watch I regret selling but it's a good deal for us both and he is easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Doing a trade to rebuy a watch I regret selling but it's a good deal for us both and he is easy to deal with.

Easy to deal with is what its all about :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Am thinking of putting this up for sale. About 17 months old with all papers and box. Ref 114300.

I've an itch for a classic 36mm Datejust that needs scratching.

Any interest and am I mad?

Am thinking of putting this up for sale. About 17 months old with all papers and box. Ref 114300.

I've an itch for a classic 36mm Datejust that needs scratching.

Any interest and am I mad?

Depends what you thinking on price for the Explorer? Datejust is a classic, but a 36mm is small enough unless your a very slender man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Depends what you thinking on price for the Explorer? Datejust is a classic, but a 36mm is small enough unless your a very slender man.

I’ve a 7.5 wrist and I much prefer the 36 on. I think the new DJ ref is probably one of Rolex’s best proportioned watches and wears much larger than it’s size suggests (see also the old 34mm air king). Went into Weirs to buy a 41 last year, but it just felt wrong. The more I see it, the more I think the 41 is massively oversized for the style of watch, it just seems so “heavy”.

I agree. I have a Seamaster 600m 42mm and that feels right at that size. The Datejust seems more appropriate at smaller proportions. Maybe because it is slightly dressier.
    I’ve a 7.5 wrist and I much prefer the 36 on. I think the new DJ ref is probably one of Rolex’s best proportioned watches and wears much larger than it’s size suggests (see also the old 34mm air king). Went into Weirs to buy a 41 last year, but it just felt wrong. The more I see it, the more I think the 41 is massively oversized for the style of watch, it just seems so “heavy”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I agree. I have a Seamaster 600m 42mm and that feels right at that size. The Datejust seems more appropriate at smaller proportions. Maybe because it is slightly dressier.

Similarly, I’ve no problem with the Explorer 2 or the Seadweller. The other watch I’m considering over a DJ36 currently, is at the other end of the everything spectrum: a black ceramic Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe!

Personally I think 36mm is small but it all depends on your size and build rather than just wrist size, I’ve a 7 1/4 inch wrist but at 6 ft 4 and quite broad 36mm looks ridiculous on me

OK, I've taken the plunge, so let's see what happens. Obviously, I'd prefer to sell to someone from here and all that goes with it:

https://www.adverts.ie/19283254

OK, I've taken the plunge, so let's see what happens. Obviously, I'd prefer to sell to someone from here and all that goes with it:

https://www.adverts.ie/19283254

Yeah that should sell quick enough. So on the DJ, fluted bezel or not? what metal? what face? there are so many permutations in the DJ.

Yeah that should sell quick enough. So on the DJ, fluted bezel or not? what metal? what face? there are so many permutations in the DJ.

seems on the pricey side to me, €5350 from rolex new with no discount
    nice photographs though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

OmegaGene wrote: »
    seems on the pricey side to me, €5350 from rolex new with no discount
    nice photographs though

If it's 5350 new, shouldn't it be 12 grand on the used market? Is that not how the Rolex market works? :)

Advertisement