Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

4.5k max. Plenty dealer ones there on c24 for 5.5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For realistic private sale prices, I do something like this these days. Find the cheapest comparable watch worldwide. Then deduct a percentage. For Rolex steel sport maybe 5-10%, for popular and desirable Omega like the speedmaster maybe 15-20%

This is a 2019 Sapphire in very good condition with box and papers

So €4438 minus 15% is €3770.

I'd advertise at €4750 on adverts.ie and would realistically accept any reliable cash offers above €3770 depending on how patient you are, how long you want to leave it open, how quickly you need the money. You never know, someone might pay close to the asking price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

A man who lived at home with his mother and pet cat went on a trip to Europe. Before he left he told his best friend to tell him of any emergencies.

A few days into his trip, his cat slipped while climbing the roof, fell off and died. His friend immediately texts him with the message: “Your cat died!”

In a few hours he was back home, having cut short his trip in grief. When he saw his friend he yelled at him, “Why didn’t you break the news to me slowly? You know how close I was to my cat! You could have sent a message ‘Your cat climbed up on the roof today’, and the next day you could’ve written, ‘Your cat fell off the roof’ and let me down gradually that he died.”

After a quick memorial service, the man left again to continue his trip. A few days later he gets a text from his friend. It read, “Your mother climbed up on the roof today.”

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I'd agree with that generally but I stick to Europe, Japanese prices are low but you'd have to pay vat and whatever else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If my sums are right, that Speedy from the US would be north of 6K by the time all the bills are paid.

Agree. but if you take one of the EU based dealer ones that’s 5.5k and take off 10 percent to allow for c24 cut and and offer reduction you are under 5k easy. Private sale needs to be 20 percent or another 1k under that in my eyes. Especially for a commoner like a speedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Interesting... 🤔

(*note to self, 15% sub-asking on Unkel's adverts ftw 🤣)

Someone offered me 70% below my asking price on adverts a few days ago (the item was already reduced from the starting point that was already the cheapest in the world on eBay) and I accepted

If you offered me 20% below my asking price for all my stuff combined on adverts, I'd bite your arm off. And I always check and make sure that if I put something on adverts, it is the cheapest one out there.

It's a very tough market out there, I have only seen it worse once before. And I have been buying and selling stuff nearly on a daily basis for well over 40 years.

I used to do that, EU only. But it's a tough market out there at the moment and I feel the lowest asking prices worldwide (mostly from Japan and China) reflect the real private sale value better these days. I've done a lot of dealing in the last few weeks alone with Rolex, Omega and Tudor (completed deals and explored deals) and this method turned out quite close for valuations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 alohamora

Hi Folks.

Testing the waters here. I have a 2022 BLNR on oyster, full set. Would be looking at 14k. Used but not abused. Standard scratches on PCL but no dents/dings. Let me know if interested via PM and I can send on photos.

References on TZ-UK forums.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I have a Poljot Sturmanskie 3133 in an unusual case for sale.

This was from the early days of Poljot's commercial venture in the early 90s. So this is a military grade 3133 movement, dial and hands in a newer case style with a tachymetre bezel.

Recent receipt from a service with Pojot24.de too.

Discount for anyone of this parish.

https://www.adverts.ie/vintage/sturmanskie-3133/33932270

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

isn’t it mad we can’t add links to adverts listings on here

The internet isn’t for everyone

https://www.adverts.ie/vintage/sturmanskie-3133/33932270

We can, but not as easy as it used to be. The links, with picture and all, was one of the very few improvements compared to the old boards and now they have butchered that too 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Watch_Fan

Hi, I am open to selling a brand new unworn 2024 explorer, polar dial.

I have advertised the black one also 2023. Excellent condition.

Will keep one and sell one. Anyone interested in the polar or Black Dial PM. Will do a fair rate here but I'm not selling either under retail unfortunately..thanks

Nobody is going to buy those from you at retail or above, I'm afraid. If you bought them to flip them for a profit, you bought the wrong Rolex.

I didn't. I bought the black because I couldn't get the white. Then the white actually came up a few months later, so I went with it as I wanted that over the black originally. Looking to move one on now. Will sell the black for 10350. Are you okay with that, Unkel?

Yikes, you wouldn’t want to be a bit sensitive around here, normally people get welcomed into the watch community but no we get a stone cold killer instead

Reminds me of the Ricky gervais joke where he said people don’t need to ring a person selling piano lessons to tell him they don’t want any lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

Definitely folks are quick to point out prices are down - i guess because of experience. We see people all the time saying I wont sell below x, or I'm withdrawing tomorrow if it doesn't sell etc.. if you are selling I guess it depends if you need the money or not but its a buyers market at the moment id say

Yes. I am a genuine watch fan. I've been collecting for some time and I've never actually sold a watch. Not the most friendliest when you are told you're a flipper immediately

• Advertisement

You own the watch, you can put any asking price you want on it. Not a hope to sell it at retail or above though. Sorry if my blunt answers upset you. I could have been nice, told you they are lovely watches (they are, I've owned 3 polar explorers myself) and good luck with your sale. And a year later you would still not have sold the watch. Is that the sort of advice you are looking for instead?

did they ask for advice or simply list what they are selling ?

You've been around on this forum and in this thread long enough. There is not a hope posting in here and not getting advice (wanted or not) if your asking price is way off 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Tis very friendly in here .Its just @unkel is the forum Del Boy and has strong opinions on prices .

And to play the same game Unkle that €3 grand for the smiley Tudor your selling is mad money , Thomas offered me that in 2022 for €3k , and that was the height of the boom prices .

Always ready to do a good deal, only last week I sold something for just over a quarter of my asking price! Won't do that in this case though 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That comment begs the response of…

Half?!?!🤨🤣🤣

Can honestly do a very good price for you or anyone in here 😀

PM me or make an offer on the ad.

Here it is, mint. Lot of watch for relatively little money

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/tudor-black-bay-heritage/33864019

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm only joking, I'm currently eyeing up what I can sell to fund a buy myself. Unfortunately not your lovely Tudor but GLWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads Unkel is right, party is over for the non sub, Daytona, gmt rolexes.

You can buy an unworn 226570 polar on c24 for 10k, that's 9,350 net to the seller. That's hardly the lowest cost market place.

Anyone is free to list at whatever they want but they aren't over retail watches any more.

• Advertisement

Price for anyone here (subject to @unkel approving the prices, of course):

Polar Dial: 10500

Black Dial: 10000

Want to sell one and keep the other.

There's plenty of watch prices here I don't agree on (like the 2016 Tudor), thankfully I don't feel the need to comments on everyone elses pieces.

Advertisement