Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critérium du Dauphiné 2014 **use spoiler tags til midnight**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭neris

what time are the stages finishing? missed it two days in a row now turning in after 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

neris wrote: »
    what time are the stages finishing? missed it two days in a row now turning in after 2

Yeah they've been finishing real early, just before 2.00pm roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Caught the last two while on lunch. Seems to be finishing around 1.30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Stage on now Eurosport 2, 22k to go

• Registered Users Posts: 14,125 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Froome crash??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Yeah, in a ditch a few km's back. Can't be good for nerves or body even if not a serious fall. Caught last 2o mins or so, looked a good rolling stage, Westra seemed to make a bit of a mess of the finish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Did he lose time?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

No, I think Contador waited for him

Yeah, peloton completely eased up, & even after he got back on, in terms of terrain there was enough variables in last few km's for some meaningful if maybe little bit unlikely action, but they just more or less rolled their way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Hopefully a bit of action today for the GC:

Profile:

PROFIL.png

Final km:

PROFILKMS.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

looking forward to this

2-30 start today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Tennis, LeMans, MotoGP..... seems the cycling has to take a back seat today. We'll probably get live coverage just as they reach the lower slopes of the second last climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Oh no live tennis on. I have a feeling they will delay the switch to cycling at 230.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Tennis, LeMans, MotoGP..... seems the cycling has to take a back seat today. We'll probably get live coverage just as they reach the lower slopes of the second last climb.

to which I can add Hockey - non of the streams that are supposed to have the coverage are showing the race. IS the weather bad and no pictures being broadcast...?
    Just 30km to go at this stage :(

Tennis over. I think. So hopefully they will wrap up and switch

Update. Live coverage on now. 24k to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

What a great finish!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Epic epic stuff there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Shakakan

that was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Contador!! :)

Takes the yellow jersey, by under 10 seconds!

Super performance!

• Advertisement

Hard to draw any conclusions from that due to Froome's crash yesterday, quite possible that's the main factor in why Contador won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Shakakan

something tells me that was something Froomy had planned. Sky won't have to work as hard tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Shakakan wrote: »
    something tells me that was something Froomy had planned. Sky won't have to work as hard tomorrow

I never heard of anyone giving up a jersey on the second last day cos they don't want to work hard....maybe and this is a wild guess.... he wasn't feeling as strong as Contador :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

What a relief to the soul to see the all-powerful, all-negating train tactic actually come a cropper for once. When a team has to collectively dig that deep to dominate and yet come out the loser I'd imagine must be a serious come-down to group morale. Contador with no team-mate still comes out the victor as of now must be a major psychological blow. Not to say Froome's fall mightn't have been key or even that Froome mightn't strike back tomorrow but there's been very few TdF related humbling moments for Sky in the past long time. When this kind of uber-dominance is basically their go to method, don't think it should be underestimated how much a blip today could hurt. They're not exactly a team noted for thinking out of the box.

Good to see too that it all looked credible - Contador was digging very, very deep for those gains.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

That was brilliant, delighted with the result! Tees up tomorrow's stage nicely, Froome needs to go and have a go at Contador early on I think. Don't think the Skybots all together will be able to drop him.

Nibali a fair disappointment to me, couldn't even match Talansky and Hesjedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

great now that tomorrow is another crunch day

presumably froome won't want to lose this

pelevin wrote: »
    Good to see too that it all looked credible - Contador was digging very, very deep for those gains.
    He's not credible, convicted doper, rides for team owned by a win at all costs Russian, found form from out of the blue we haven't seen since he was winning tours beating convicted dopers like Lance.

pelevin wrote: »
    H is credible. Form out of the blue? What rider are we talking about again. Has he ever won anything before?

Not much clean no.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    He's not credible, convicted doper, rides for team owned by a win at all costs Russian, found form from out of the blue we haven't seen since he was winning tours beating convicted dopers like Lance.
    He is credible. Form out of the blue? What rider are we talking about again? Has he ever won anything before? He had to dig very deep to gain 18 seconds or so over besides Froome a few others who are hardly invincibles. I found that pretty credible. Did you find Sky's army of men dominating the mountain credible? Cos that's obviously the tit-for-tat stuff we end up with so.

Advertisement