Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critérium du Dauphiné 2014 **use spoiler tags til midnight**

Options
  • 09-06-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Doesn't seem like anyone's doing a thread on this race, & it's beyond my technical know-how or commitment to the cause to do a proper one either, so as a sorry makeweight, this might step in and with a sense of shame fill a vacuum.

Froome very strong in opening 10km technical TT has 8 seconds over Contador. In the context of everyone else split by tiny margins, this seemed more dominant than might be suggested.

Today's stage: fairly mad mountainy.

Live reports here: http://live.cyclingnews.com/

Live Eurosport 2: 12.30 to 14.30.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I was surprised at the result. Bertie did a great tt. Pity Saxo have sent a second string team to back him up. But he looks to be coming bang in form for the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Just to add, dunno who has the call but can this be an anything goes thread, i.e. we can talk about today's stage without spoilers? Not necessarily that anyone will have anything to say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Use spoiler tags in this thread when it's about the current day's stage. If you make a thread for one individual stage, you don't use spoiler tags in it. On mobile, but it's in the charter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭n-dawg

Great battle going on right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

All kinds of awesome in this finale, one to watch later if you missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Fantastic racing by Froome .. they guy is remarkable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Well Froome put on a real show of intent there! Fair play to Contador for sticking on his wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Fecking awesome finish. Neither of the two of them were giving up. Contador looks good too. And Chris Froome is not the boring rider some claim.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wow what a finish ,roll on tdf for these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

wow! amazing stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭nilhg

That was great, and perfectly timed for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I don't even know how to use spoilers so I'll just say that was great stuff, & managed to finish 5 mins before Ive to head.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

pelevin wrote: »
    I don't even know how to use spoilers so I'll just say that was great stuff, & managed to finish 5 mins before Ive to head.

Hit go advanced when you reply, and press the button that says Spoiler above where you type in your message, on the very right hand side. Then just type in whatever!

Did not realise kelderman was racing this. That's a lot of effort after the giro. I hope he does not get burnt out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Kelderman very very impressive ....even had the temerity to attack Bertie & Froome ....big talent.......Everyone is going on about how good Froome is ...which he is no doubt....but Bertie finished on the same time even though Froome attacked several time.......If I was Contador I would take great heart from that......Jurgen Van DeBrock also rode a great race.....Nibali hasn't go it yet...Maybe Vino needs to try e-mail next time

froome may have won today but is Wiggins the real winner?

froome may have won today but is Wiggins the real winner?
    Indeed with Porte seemingly nowhere today, unless there's a valid reason for it, it's hard to see how he can get into the sort of form to be of any use to Froome at the Tour and no hope of him being a "Plan B". Obviously this still requires a good performance out of Mr Wiggins at the TDS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Did not realise kelderman was racing this. That's a lot of effort after the giro. I hope he does not get burnt out
    I was very surprised to see Hesjedal there too, he must be exhausted after the Giro.

Lots of people who rode Giro are in Dauphine & T of Suisse including Kerderman , Pozzovivo , Hesejedal, Deignan ...its only another week racing

Spare a thought for Roche & Rodgers ...they have to ride another tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Inquitus wrote: »
    Indeed with Porte seemingly nowhere today, unless there's a valid reason for it, it's hard to see how he can get into the sort of form to be of any use to Froome at the Tour and no hope of him being a "Plan B". Obviously this still requires a good performance out of Mr Wiggins at the TDS
    they said on the climb he wasn't in great shape
    so froome allowed him to drop off rather than waste energy

they said on the climb he wasn't in great shape
    so froome allowed him to drop off rather than waste energy
    Aye which means he has no form at all if he can't even hang with his own train while doing no work. Unless he is sick, again, I can't see how he is going to be any use at the tour.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

that was some finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Highlights just started in Eurosport2 now.

Full highlights for those without access ...great racing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIAWEAnzuAg

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

serious,serious riding outta froome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

serious,serious riding outta froome.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I can't remove the spoiler tags on an iPad. Anyone know how?

• Advertisement

I can't remove the spoiler tags on an iPad. Anyone know how?

Try pressing quote and reading it in the preview.

Advertisement