Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC IRISH Ordinary Level - Before and after discussion **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

yes, please :)

https://sites.google.com/site/colaistechanel/ardteist/ardleibheal/pros-2012/an-gnthrud---the-usual

That's the story of Gnathrud translated into English.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Do u have to study seal inepal and gnathrud because we only studied Seal inpeal anybody help?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Colinted

Seymour101 wrote: »
    Wheres the predictions? Stop talking ****e about Paper 1, it's over and done with out of your hands.

On with the predictions!

Mine:

Comprehension:

Roy Keane/Bono (keane new assistant and bono won alot of awards for that song so could come up) obviously not much you can do for comprehension but just to familiarise yourself!

Poetry:
    Geibheann
    Colscaradh

Pros:
    Oisin
    Gnathrud
    Caca milis

Dont bank on these just my opinion

Do you really think caca milis will come up? It came up last year or does that matter?

I was going to study hurlamboc, Oisin and gnathrud....

brijay wrote: »
    Do u have to study seal inepal and gnathrud because we only studied Seal inpeal anybody help?

It says it in the exam papers

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

brijay wrote: »

No it's one or the other, if one comes up on the exam the other will be there too and you just ignore Gnathrud and do Seal in neapal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Milfhunter

I have been searching for the marking scheme and cant find it anywhere, does anybody know what it is?

I was under the illusion that the oral was worth 40%
    Aural worth 20%
    paper 1 and paper 2 combined were worth the remaining 40%.

Is this right? Im pretty sure its what our teacher told us but Im really unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Zeena21

What are the predictions for the ordinary level paper 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Zeena21

Oh sorry just saw there

• Registered Users Posts: 20 deadpixel

Milfhunter wrote: »
    I have been searching for the marking scheme and cant find it anywhere, does anybody know what it is?

I was under the illusion that the oral was worth 40%
    Aural worth 20%
    paper 1 and paper 2 combined were worth the remaining 40%.

Is this right? Im pretty sure its what our teacher told us but Im really unsure.
    Oral 240/600, 40% done and dusted :)
    Aural is only 60/600, 10% I think
    2 Paper 1 essays 100/600, ~17% ish/
    2 Paper 2 Comprehensions 100/600, ~17% ish
    Paper 2 Prose 50/600, two stories at 25 marks each.
    Paper 2 Poetry 50/600, two poems at 25 marks each.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rainydays212

Hey guys
    I literally don't know a thing for the paper tomorrow, I did a fairly decent oral and an ok paper today, all I'm looking for is a pass. Will I get a pass if I do the reading comprehensions tomorrow and just look Over the pros and stuff? Also if someone could link me stuff about the story's and stuff that would be great thank ya:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

The poem is printed on the paper isn't it? Hopefully Gnathrud comes up for pros. Oisin is probably up too. Would like Caca Milis but seeing as that came up last year...who knows! Does anyone else think they cram quite a lot into paper 2? I mean it would be surely more logical to put the comprehensions in paper 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juke46

I think ill just go over every story briefly except for dis and caca milis , with 3 poems 1. Colscaradh 2.Geibheann 3. Spailpin Fanach as it has only come up once :P

Dont bet on me though just my oppinion ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Hey guys
    I literally don't know a thing for the paper tomorrow, I did a fairly decent oral and an ok paper today, all I'm looking for is a pass. Will I get a pass if I do the reading comprehensions tomorrow and just look Over the pros and stuff? Also if someone could link me stuff about the story's and stuff that would be great thank ya:)

Honestly, I think as long as you have an idea of what happens in the pros/poems and and are able to tell the examiner what happens in them or whatever the Q is you'll be fine and probably get way more than a pass! I got a C1 in the mocks without study(have studied for this though as I'm counting this for points!) and don't forget the oral and aural which contribute a lot to the overall grade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Hey guys
    ahh ye'll be grand but if your not going to spend so much time on the pros and filiocht make sure you get 100/100 in those compressions! I just did key vocab for the pros and filiocht and form some sentences rather than learn of paragraphs of stuff it saves time and better for your irish and it seemed to work well for the mocks. Besides they're worth the same as comprehension and the essay so tbh they're not really worth that much time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I wrote more in my paper 1 mock than i did today!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TaiHusky

That was grand. Chuffed with the poems

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Was a nice exam, not that I did well anyway. Only looking for a pass in Irish. Confident I've done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

Finished in 40 mins, Skipped Question 2 completely.. Hopefully Ive just passed irish..

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

nice paper :) love Oisin i dtir na nOg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kierancos

I'm not the only one one who skipped the pros? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Easy as all hell. Should've predicted Drico to come up but it's not like I needed it. Those 2 comprehensions were easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TaiHusky

kierancos wrote: »
    I'm not the only one one who skipped the pros? :)

Nope

For the comprehensions were we allowed to copy the answer directly from the text?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Yep. My teacher encourages us to do that.

For the comprehensions were we allowed to copy the answer directly from the text?

Yeah we can :p

Anyone here do the DEB pre paper? I'm sure that was basically the same paper as it besides comprehension 1, even BOD came up in the pre :rolleyes:

You know in the place to write the subject on the front of the answer book were we supposed to write which paper? I just wrote Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

You know in the place to write the subject on the front of the answer book were we supposed to write which paper? I just wrote Irish

DAMN! I put in geography! Does this mean I fail now?

• Advertisement

They'd know once they open it which paper you've done, and they're all sealed with the other paper 2s so I imagine you're in no trouble..

You seem very accident prone. :pac:

Advertisement