Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC IRISH Ordinary Level - Before and after discussion **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Days 298 wrote: »
    Same I just want to pass. Might look at the stories right before but not now. I know the stories in english but not really Irish.

Just write something even if you dont have a clue for the stories. Youll get some marks. Id say Ill pass with just paper 1, listening( blah blah blah Kings Of Leon blah :L) and at least 50% in the oral

Pointless exam.

pointless alright! but they'll never listen, by filling us with years of hatred for a language we're 'preserving our heritage'

anyway, that's off topic, good luck tomorrow lads! Im gonna go study for something i care about haha

• Registered Users Posts: 42 K6Y

Days 298 wrote: »
    Same I just want to pass. Might look at the stories right before but not now. I know the stories in english but not really Irish.

Just write something even if you dont have a clue for the stories. Youll get some marks. Id say Ill pass with just paper 1, listening( blah blah blah Kings Of Leon blah :L) and at least 50% in the oral

Pointless exam.

Lol I'm comepletely screwed, I've done no study for this exam cos I've been focusing on HL maths all weekend, and I only got 40% for Irish in the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

K6Y wrote: »
    Lol I'm comepletely screwed, I've done no study for this exam cos I've been focusing on HL maths all weekend, and I only got 40% for Irish in the mocks.

I'm the same, kind of ****ting it that I might fail. Anyone have a story that I could literally learn off by heart and regurgitate for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PsychoSull

tsire wrote: »
    Well it really depends on how many points you're looking for and how many other pass subjects you already do. I dropped to pass Irish in October because I was doing all honours and didn't want to waste time on my worst subject.. Honestly, even if you got 10% in the higher level pre, I would say you'd get at least a B1 in the pass Irish tomorrow. Actually **** easy for people who have done honours for the majority of the leaving. I'm just studying maths today and am sort of expecting a B2 in Irish by studying just before the exam tomorrow.

Ok thanks. Well i really need about 45 points from Irish so if i move to ordinary i have to get the B1. If i continue honors i just have to just get the pass.. My standard of Irish is ok but it's things like the An Trial question and doing an essay on politics or something that would really bring me down.. Do you think really think a B1 is do-able cutting it so close ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Shane15 wrote: »
    I'm the same, kind of ****ting it that I might fail. Anyone have a story that I could literally learn off by heart and regurgitate for tomorrow?
    Just keep writing. No matter how simple it is or basic. Just write it. . Thats what Im doing. Nothing fancy just expanded crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 AKMCD2014

Hopefully a blag question comes up about an deireadh seachtaine or something very very easy.

Hope the corrector of my exam is prepared for "is maith liom" "is aiobheann liom" and "tá/bhí se" over and over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dylan_1996

Does pass irish really even require a full hour and 50 minutes? The aural included with the 2 questions really wont come close...i think i finished in the exam in the pres in about 40 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

whats the layout of a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

that was grand! One of the story's was pretty much a sraith pictuirn word for word :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

I'm pretty sure most of the lads in my class didn't realise you had to write 2 essays. No way are you finished that in 10 minutes of writing. People were leaving before 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Microphone Head

a0ifee wrote: »
    that was grand! One of the story's was pretty much a sraith pictuirn word for word :pac:

Haha I wrote that I was studying for my sraith pictuir and I was late for the oral. Then I got knocked down:)

jazz101 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure most of the lads in my class didn't realise you had to write 2 essays. No way are you finished that in 10 minutes of writing. People were leaving before 3!

I left at five past 3 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

What a lovely paper 1! :) so happy with the continuous piece and the letter titles! Let's hope they're as generous with paper 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TaiHusky

handiest blog ever. Also, cailte sa sleibthe came in handy there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I left at five past 3 :o

Same:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JoeyBohs

Any last minute cramming suggestions for paper 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Buataisti

jazz101 wrote: »

I finished at about 3. Looked at the essay titles between listenings or when they were repeating parts where I already had answers so was literally just writing from the second the listening ended and got done in no time at all. 2 short essays is nothing.

I suppose if you were writing that early it makes sense then. How short is short exactly? Mine were a page and a half each, but I dropped from higher, I have no idea how long they're supposed to be in ordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Did the story mean you met your friend or you hit your friend?

Did the story mean you met your friend or you hit your friend?

it was met wasn't it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mystery_who

Grand paper 1. Didn't have much phrases for my story but sure look.
    Listening was amazing!!!
    and letter about the match was grand too..

Any predictions for tomorrow??

it was met wasn't it?!

I said it was met! I hope it was met!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭6thyearlife

Did anybody get when the award was given ? In the listening

I guessed "areir". No idea though.

I thought the story was "hit your friend" because it says everyone was angry afterward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

It was 'Bhuail tu le' the 'Le' implies with, so it's 'I met with' as opposed to 'Bhuail me' which would be I hit

Won't really make too much of a difference, you technically did still meet with your friend, and he's mad now because you hit him

It was 'Bhuail tu le' the 'Le' implies with, so it's 'I met with' as opposed to 'Bhuail me' which would be I hit

Won't really make too much of a difference, you technically did still meet with your friend, and he's mad now because you hit him

I was actually panicking over that for a minute :o

• Registered Users Posts: 36 typicalstudent

Not a single feckin' prediction for paper 2. Come on folks this is my first time studying Irish I need a hand!

Uh oh. My reading of it as "hit" created the worst story known to man. I started it playing a gaelic match where my friend had punched me because I wouldn't pass him the ball. Except I forgot how to say "pass" so I said he wouldn't "give balls".

The last paragraph was where I woke up in hospital after he kicked me a few minutes later and broke my leg. I tried to create this big emotional ending where he arrives into the hospital room, teary eyed, to apologise, but I forgot how to say "sorry". So it ended with him going "I am sad. I kicked leg."

Feel for the poor fecker who has to read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beccacatmeow

Today was my first time ever writing a story and letter as I recently dropped from honours.. I am so scared that I failed the paper still though. Is pass Irish marked much easier? My story was stupid and was only a page and my letter was only a page and a half!

• Advertisement

If i wrote a story about meeting my friend will I get 0 marks?

Advertisement