Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC IRISH Ordinary Level - Before and after discussion **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

If i wrote a story about meeting my friend will I get 0 marks?

it was about meeting your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

Today was my first time ever writing a story and letter as I recently dropped from honours.. I am so scared that I failed the paper still though. Is pass Irish marked much easier? My story was stupid and was only a page and my letter was only a page and a half!

Well they ask for at least a half a page for each. I'd say you'll be fine, I don't think it's that difficult to pass. Don't let it worry you, I think everyone's story ends up sounding stupid, it sounds like you did more than enough. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

a0ifee wrote: »
    it was about meeting your friend!

not hitting your friend? I should of just done the blog at least I knew what that meant :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I knew so little for my second one, I did it 3 times to fill up the page

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Can someone ease my mind and tell me that the letter one was about writing to your principal to tell them why you liked school?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Flickka

Do you lose marks for not putting the address/date etc for the letter? I just dropped down today and wasn't sure of the format...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lizzmurph

Does anyone have any ideas for Paper 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beccacatmeow

lizzmurph wrote: »

Hurlamaboc apparently!

jazz101 wrote: »
    Can someone ease my mind and tell me that the letter one was about writing to your principal to tell them why you liked school?

Thats what I did :)

lizzmurph wrote: »

Gnathrud and Colscaradh are yet to be tested so theres a good chance they will be on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 lizzmurph

Gnathrud and Colscaradh are yet to be tested so theres a good chance they will be on it.

Yeah I was thinking these as well, but they could trick us, seeing as they would assume we would assume these two as certs...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

In my story my friend fell and broke his foot... So I left him to die despite being 'craoi bristle' and went out that night to try 'rinne me dearmad' about him...

My Irish wouldn't exactly be amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I was quite the party animal in my letter, drank 4 cups of tea during the wild celebrations after winning the cup.

Does anyone know for definite if it was meeting your friend or hitting your friend for the story? And what would happen if i wrote about meeting my friend when it was actually hitting my friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Does anyone know for definite if it was meeting your friend or hitting your friend for the story? And what would happen if i wrote about meeting my friend when it was actually hitting my friend?

Paper's up now on examinations.ie, it was "Bhí mé amuigh ag rith. Bhuail mé le mo chara. Bhí fearg an domhain air / uirthi ..."

"Bhuail me le" = I met with.

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Paper's up now on examinations.ie, it was "Bhí mé amuigh ag rith. Bhuail mé le mo chara. Bhí fearg an domhain air / uirthi ..."

"Bhuail me le" = I met with.

Are you 100% sure? Thank You so much! Nearly died when I realized with five minutes to go I could of wrote the wrong essay!

Are you 100% sure? Thank You so much! Nearly died when I realized with five minutes to go I could of wrote the wrong essay!

100% sure. :D

AGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I mean. That's grand.

It looks like it was describing your time in school, same thing really.

Lovely stuff! I couldn't think of stuff to say for it so I ended up saying I found true love.

• Advertisement

Lovely stuff! I couldn't think of stuff to say for it so I ended up saying I found true love.

I said I went hunting for yuss in a nightclub after a match in my letter :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Colinted

Anyone think there's any point in studying dis and caca milis as they came up last year? Need to know what stories I should study....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Seymour101

Wheres the predictions? Stop talking ****e about Paper 1, it's over and done with out of your hands.

On with the predictions!

Mine:

Comprehension:

Roy Keane/Bono (keane new assistant and bono won alot of awards for that song so could come up) obviously not much you can do for comprehension but just to familiarise yourself!

Poetry:
    Geibheann
    Colscaradh

Pros:
    Oisin
    Gnathrud
    Caca milis

Dont bank on these just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 33 giraffegoat

can someone explain Seal i neapal and an gnathrud in english to me? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Colinted

Why caca milis? I thought it might not come up because it did last year?

Although going by English that mightn't be the best way to predict......

Heaney to be a comprehension :)

Should I even bother study for irish? I do 8 subjects and its my only ordinary subject, I do biology as well and I'm hoping for an A1. I think I'll have a glance over the stories and poems and that will do me.

can someone explain Seal i neapal and an gnathrud in english to me? :(

please :(

please :(

How do you mean explain? Like give a summary of the story or what?

• Advertisement

How do you mean explain? Like give a summary of the story or what?

yes, please :)

Advertisement