Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC History 2014 - Before and after discussion **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 spacefly123

MrAweesome wrote: »
    I didnt do a mussolini essay, ahhhh will i be okay?

theres no point trying to learn a full essay from scratch right now, just stick to the ones you know. you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PsychoSull

Hey, for ordinary level history does anyone know how long we should write for the short paragraph questions and the long paragraph questions? As in how many sentences. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

theres no point trying to learn a full essay from scratch right now, just stick to the ones you know. you'll be grand

I only know him with hitler as church state relations but nothing on policies external or internal! Oh well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TurtleShell65

Personally, with American history, I've gone for the factors of the US Boom and Bust. Came up on one of the mocks anyway and it is a question that hasn't come up for quite a while. Quite a hard essay to cram for if you haven't got a decent knowledge of it already. A side from that I have cold war (Berline, Cuba, Korea) and Vietnam.
    In europe I think that Mussolini is a safe bet - in depth knowledge of Hitler with him and you're well set for a characteristics of fascism question, church relations etc.
    Northern Ireland I've found to be a bit of a pain. Welfare state came up last year but it's hard to exclude that/Brookeborough when they account for roughly twenty years. Saying that, Coleraine and Sunningdale both came up in some way in both mocks so which them and a good knowledge of their effects should cover you in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Murky013

I honestly hope Sunningdale and Downing street Dec. come up tomorrow. It's so nerve wracking having to wait until tomorrow....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 K6Y

I'm too tired to study for this ****. I'm fine with USA and europe but I only know colraine and civil rights on NI, and basically nothing for the document...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 WhatzLogin

Caoimhegg wrote: »
    Mainly concentrating on hitler, Mussolini, church state relations, propaganda, Lenin and Stalin.
    USA- Johnson, Johnson's involvement in Vietnam, Montgomery bus boycott, Cuba Berlin Korea! You?

If I was you maybe studying the Moon Landing as well if you haven't.

Do you think It's possible to *WING* the exam, with the project included and pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

fionnacake wrote: »
    Maybe glance over Mussolini? It's pretty easy to get the basics down for him, I ended up having to answer on him in my mocks because no Russia came up and I got 96 in the essay :O
    also sometimes Vietnam comes up with Korea so again it might be worth glancing over that

alright thanks I'll look over them.

All these people commenting what they studied makes me worried and I feel like I haven't studied enough ..

also all of these predictions are all different

• Advertisement

These MAY come up ..

ORDINARY LEVEL
    ­
    IRELAND TOPIC 5!!!
    1. Apprentice Boys of Derry
    2. Sunningdale Agreement
    3. John Hume
    4. Maggie Thatcher
    5. Brian Faulkner
    6. Cultural responses to "The Troubles"
    7. The Welfare State
    8. Direct Rule - 1972
    9. Conn & Patricia McCluskey
    10. Bernadette Devlin
    ­
    EUROPE TOPIC 3:-
    1. Stalin's show trials
    2. Nuremberg Rallies
    3. The Holocaust
    4. Radio & Cinema
    5. Church-State relations Italy
    6. The Nazi regime
    7. Winston Churchill
    8. Vichy state, France
    9. Propaganda
    10. France during WWII
    ­
    EUROPE (America) TOPIC 6:-
    1. The Moon
    2. Montgomery bus boycott
    3. US & Cuba
    4. Vietnam war
    5. Youth culture
    6. Religion & America
    7. M.N.C's
    8. Lyndon Johnson
    9. Norman Mailer
    10. Civil rights

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roundtree

WhatzLogin wrote: »
    Do you think It's possible to *WING* the exam, with the project included and pass?

Learn the document and make a good attempt at 2 essays at least. Should get you a pass anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Murky013 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I just want to know if I'm set alright for tomorrow

NI: sunningdale+ downing street, civil rights movement, Coleraine and most of Terence O'Neill
    Dictatorship and democracy: Stalin, Mussolini, Weimar republic and Nazi state characteristics
    USA: US foreign policy (all of it) detente, Vietnam and moon landing

Also does anyone know if the treaty is predicted to come up?

I'd just add Anglo Irish Agreement to that! You're doing what I am, except I'm ignoring the moon landing and doing Britain as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PsychoSull

The impact of the EEC on fisheries IS coming up for Ireland Topic 3 in ordinary level.. LEARN IT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Murky013

I'd just add Anglo Irish Agreement to that! You're doing what I am, except I'm ignoring the moon landing and doing Britain as well.

Ah not bad. I might as well add Anglo Irish agreement too. Thanks :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sprite123

Working on key personalities myself right now; Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin and Lenin. Then gonna go over my notes for Civil Rights Movement/Boycott/MLK, Vietnam, and the three case studies, the treaty... maybe have a glance over Home Rule. Other than that I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

Should Colarine, Apprentice Boys, Fall of Stormont, Sunningdale Agreement and position of Catholics in NI cover me for the Northern Ireland section? They are all the essays I've gotten, we did nothing on Anglo Irish agreement etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Should Colarine, Apprentice Boys, Fall of Stormont, Sunningdale Agreement and position of Catholics in NI cover me for the Northern Ireland section? They are all the essays I've gotten, we did nothing on Anglo Irish agreement etc
    The Anglo-Irish Agreement generally comes up with Sunningdale and the Downing Street Declaration or in a question on the 'efforts to find a peaceful resolution'

And anyone doing history tomorrow should be studying - not posting on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AKMCD2014

ejayy wrote: »
    Anyone leave out hitler fp?

Yes! It's an interesting topic but I thought I'd focus on other areas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

AKMCD2014 wrote: »
    Although, if propaganda does come I think it will just be Nazi.
    If it is a general question on propaganda you can include Mussolini and Stalin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Jackson07

Quick question should I study main characteristics of nazi or Lenin and Stalin?? And don't say do both if you guys had to choose...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

The Anglo-Irish Agreement generally comes up with Sunningdale and the Downing Street Declaration or in a question on the 'efforts to find a peaceful resolution'

And anyone doing history tomorrow should be studying - not posting on here.

If they come up together it usually comes up as discussing 'one or more of the following'? So should I be covered with what I've got?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AKMCD2014

If it is a general question on propaganda you can include Mussolini and Stalin.

Oh yeah I know. Just a prediction that nazi propaganda will appear on it's own. A propaganda question in general would be sweet! Although, I often get the fear that questions I think are easy are harder to get top marks in! Maybe I'm just paranoid :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24 spacefly123

they'd hardly put mussoilini's internal and external policies up again would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minigocko

Terence O Neil's contribution? Anyone think it could come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fitzlad

Any idea what might come up for movements for reform? Im really goosed if Parnell doesn't come up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dylan_1996

Any help at ALL for ordinary level? Im dropping down to pass tomorrow and im really unnerved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Dylan_1996 wrote: »
    Any help at ALL for ordinary level? Im dropping down to pass tomorrow and im really unnerved

Same! Do we need to tell the examiner or do we just say ordinary when the examiner asks what level?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dylan_1996

Same! Do we need to tell the examiner or do we just say ordinary when the examiner asks what level?

I asked yesterday about dropping down to ordinary and about spare papers and he said they're given a set amount of spares for people dropping down so if you can help it, get in when the door opens and ask him to give you a pass paper before he starts handing out papers so you get guaranteed one, worst thing would be to run out of pass papers, and it happens a lot apparently people get nerves and drop, just be safe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lacers00

Dylan_1996 wrote: »

Long paragraphed answers include your main points and ideas,opinion. No need for long four page essays. For document question focus on advantages of the source e.g biased.

Advertisement