Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭techdiver

Got 2 Cat C for the Romania game.

Happy enough. Originally applied for Italy and France. At least the Romania game is in London, so Hotels and flights won't be a disaster like Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Its all very odd really.

It was initially saying the no consecutive seats so i went and bought two CAT B for the QF 3 and then went back into the France game and managed to get 2 CAT A.

Now to tear up my credit card.

I can't believe it John.. I just got 2 tickets to the France game now! Very happy with today's purchases :D
    If you really want tickets to the France game guys keep trying to add them to your basket, you might get lucky!

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

PopnFresh wrote: »
    I can't believe it John.. I just got 2 tickets to the France game now! Very happy with today's purchases :D
    If you really want tickets to the France game guys keep trying to add them to your basket, you might get lucky!

Happy days! Well done mate. Enjoy the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

I was getting the "Unfortunately, there are insufficient consecutive seats left in all of the price categories you selected. Please select an alternative price." warning for the QF2 tickets but I just kept clicking "Add Tickets to Basket" and eventually it worked!

So I'm heading to both quarter finals in Cardiff now. I'm very pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Just heard from someone else who got 2 tickets for Ireland v France and 2 tickets to QF 2.
    If the website says there's limited availability just keep clicking to add tickets to your basket, you might get lucky in the end :)

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

PopnFresh wrote: »
    RebelRed90 was the same. Did you get the confirmation email inviting you to participate in today's priority sale?
    The sale today is only open to those who got 0 tickets in the initial ballot.

Those who got partial fulfilment of their selection were invited to tomorrow's priority sale at 10am.

All remaining tickets go on public sale Friday 28th at 12 noon.

Ah that must be it, i got tickets in the initial ballot.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Swore to myself this morning getting up that I wasn't going to pay for a category A for the french game...bought one anyway...then delighted I did when I saw it sell out soon after!
    Euphoria affected my decision making process then though coz went on to buy 2 category B tickets for QF3! (Winner group D vs RU group C)
    Madness! On current form and 'home' advantage when we play france in the millenium.. (I'm expecting at least 55,000 out the 74,000 to be shouting for us) we should top the group.
    but it's a long bloody way off yet worse luck! A lot can change as we know from 2007.

But we're surely better than Italy at the very least, which (as someone posted earlier) it'll be merely a case of finding a french friend with a ticket and straight swap.

Woke up vowing I wouldn't spend more than £200 & end up spending £695!!!
    (Xe.com currency converter says £695 = €877.18 oh boy. Rent might be a bit late.)

I know I'll be saying 'worth every penny' this time next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Payday on Friday, tis my old lad's 60th next summer, should I aim for a France or a Romania for the prezzie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Are the quarter final tickets for our potential games gone?

P_1 wrote: »
    Payday on Friday, tis my old lad's 60th next summer, should I aim for a France or a Romania for the prezzie?

France sold out!

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Are the quarter final tickets for our potential games gone?
    Still category A (£250) & B (£215) left for QF3 (the one we would be in were we to top our group).
    QF2 (were we to finish as group runners up and probably play the all blacks) is sold out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I got 4 Cat B QF3 tickets and 4 Cat C tickets to Ireland - Romania. Total cost £1200. I've got somewhere I can stay for London, but fook me it looks like we'll be commuting from Bristol for the match in Cardiff.

I'm looking at a grey circle that isn't moving

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

I'm looking at a grey circle that isn't moving

I took me 40 minutes to get in , the circle moves, just very slowly

When you get in there's not much left but the website works well....

I already had 2 for Romania, was hoping to pick up some other team tickets and maybe a QF ticket, but at 215.00 a pop and no guarantee we'll win the group, I passed.

endabob1 wrote: »
    I took me 40 minutes to get in , the circle moves, just very slowly

When you get in there's not much left but the website works well....

I already had 2 for Romania, was hoping to pick up some other team tickets and maybe a QF ticket, but at 215.00 a pop and no guarantee we'll win the group, I passed.

I'm still waiting. Just trying to get Cat A quarter final tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

There were Cat A & B left for the QF if we win the group when I was in about 5 minutes ago, all other QF's are sold out

endabob1 wrote: »
    There were Cat A & B left for the QF if we win the group when I was in about 5 minutes ago, all other QF's are sold out

They'll do. If we place second in the group I can swap a French supporter.(hopefully)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

They'll do. If we place second in the group I can swap a French supporter.(hopefully)

I'm hoping for the same. I'd prefer we win the group though and think we can do it. It would give us a better chance than facing NZ and failing to make it past the quarters for what, the sixth time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭leakyboots

There's still 85 quid ones for the Romania game, available as singles though

Got 2 Cat A tickets for the Winner of our Group Quarter Final. (Hopefully I won't be needing a swap)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

wanted two romania tickets but not paying 250£ for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Sangre wrote: »

There are still tickets available to Romania game for £85 on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sangre wrote: »

Is that 250 each? Bloody hell

P_1 wrote: »
    Is that 250 each? Bloody hell

No, Cat B is 125 each and A is 175 each. There are Cat C still available for the Romania game at 85 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Calzer10

I recommend for everyone who's the Ireland game in Cardiff is to catch the ferry from rosslare and then from Fishguard to swansea..Spend the night in swansea and then catch an hour train from swansea to cardiff.Hotel.b&bs much cheaper in swansea than Cardiff and the boat is much cheaper than flight also. It's about 15-20quid to catch the train from swansea to Cardiff (Return) and about 30-35 quid for the train from to Fishguard to swansea including your return.Just suggestion to everyone..Works out much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Calzer10

I recommend for everyone who's the Ireland game in Cardiff is to catch the ferry from rosslare and then from Fishguard to swansea..Spend the night in swansea and then catch an hour train from swansea to cardiff.Hotel.b&bs much cheaper in swansea than Cardiff and the boat is much cheaper than flight also. It's about 15-20quid to catch the train from swansea to Cardiff (Return) and about 30-35 quid for the train from to Fishguard to swansea including your return.Just suggestion to everyone..Works out much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

I got 4 Cat B QF3 tickets and 4 Cat C tickets to Ireland - Romania. Total cost £1200. I've got somewhere I can stay for London, but fook me it looks like we'll be commuting from Bristol for the match in Cardiff.

I'm commuting from Swansea; about the same distance away on the other side!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

There are 4 of us travelling to the French game in Cardiff, flying Ryanair Fri 9th Cork - Stansted and returning Mon 12th Stansted - Cork. I booked a hotel in London for the Friday night which is walking distance to Paddington Station where we will get a train to Cardiff. I have a YHA hostel booked in the centre of Cardiff for the Saturday and Sunday night - a 4 bed ensuite room. Total cost per person = 235 euro which also includes reserved seats on the flights to and from Cardiff. I put in a lot of work into the weekend, however I wasn't lucky enough to get tickets in the ballot and yesterday mornings sale. The mistake I made is that I didn't apply for higher category tickets in the original ballot. We will travel regardless and hope to pick up tickets in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Sorta sorted. Myself and my daughter got tickets for the Romania game. £85 for me and £15 (U16) for her. My buddy lives 2 train stops from Wem-be-lee so sorted for that.

Italy is sold out. I drew the line at paying £250 for one ticket for the France game. It is just too much money to shell out. They were the two games (Italy and France) which I'd really wanted to go to.

Managed a QF ticket for £150 in Cardiff. There'll be no problem swapping depending on which one we hopefully get to. Usual route is fly to London and head West by road.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed but them's the breaks. As my mate said, we shelled out nearly £1,000 for tickets....many of them kids tickets and against (no offence) Romania ...it's a fockin disgrace. Hard to argue with that, World Cup or not.

First World Problems though !

• Advertisement

Tickets still there for Canada and Romania games. Quarter Final winner group D and Runner up C there as well

Advertisement