Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

nc6000 wrote: »
    I applied for tickets for the Italy game in the ballot but didn't get any. I'm hoping to bring my daughter to one of the games so it looks like my only option is the Ireland v Romania game in Wembley.

Ireland v Canada still has child tickets too so that could be an option

Where did you find that list?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Category D certainly sold out.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Category D certainly sold out.

I edited my post. I misread pool D as Cat D tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

nc6000 wrote: »
    So Ireland v Italy sold out but Ireland v France didn't? :confused:

Ireland France is also in a larger stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Riskymove wrote: »
    Ireland France is also in a larger stadium

It's the key game in our group and effectively a shoot-out to avoid NZ in the QFs. I'm surprised it didn't sell out or that more tickets were not given out as part of the ballot.

It's on the Rugby World Cup website

Thanks. I can't post links because I have only joined the forum

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ah crap I really wanted to avoid Cardiff for a group game, liked the idea of the Olympic stadium.

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Ah crap I really wanted to avoid Cardiff for a group game, liked the idea of the Olympic stadium.

Me too. Was hoping to combine a visit to London with one of the matches there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

Got Category C tickets for the France game. Had planned on applying for more, but with the gouging prices, could only justify that.
    We'll get the ferry over in our newly acquired campervan, so no worries about limited Cardiff accommodation. Should be a great match to attend, probably define our tournament...

So how does one about buying second hand tickets? I've never done it in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Does anyone know if their is anywhere that tells us what cat tickets are available for each game and home many are available for each game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

collie0708 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if their is anywhere that tells us what cat tickets are available for each game and home many are available for each game?

Would love to know this myself, would give a good indicator of your chances prior to going on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Steven81 wrote: »
    Would love to know this myself, would give a good indicator of your chances prior to going on sale.

Exactly,my wife got none of the tickets she applied for so hoping we get a pair for the France game. Really hope there are a few left ideally cat c but beggars can be choosers will have to take any I can get

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Was really hoping there would be some Italy tickets available. The Romania and Italy games would have been a great combination with my brother living in London. Might consider the Canada game in Cardiff as he's going to that too and make a week-long trip out of it after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

So how does one about buying second hand tickets? I've never done it in my life

There's a resale portal opening next year apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭deisedude

Booked flights for Knock to Bristol for the Canada game for 2 people with Hotel on Ryanair for €350. Pretty happy with that. Is it possible to book the train this far in advance? Tried to book on trainline but cant book past May

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Hi folks,

Just a gentle reminder...Please don't post links to touting site or sites that sell tickets above face value. It goes against the community rules and it's a real kick in the balls to those of us who didn't get tickets that people are now profiteering from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

deisedude wrote: »
    Booked flights for Knock to Bristol for the Canada game for 2 people with Hotel on Ryanair for €350. Pretty happy with that. Is it possible to book the train this far in advance? Tried to book on trainline but cant book past May

You can only book trains 12 weeks in advance, and they're cheaper the earlier you book them. The train company websites usually offer a service that tells you when the dates you want go on sale. Can't see one for First Great Western, but the trainline offers one here http://www.thetrainline.com/ticketalert/.

However, don't book with trainline when the time comes. It charges a booking fee while the train companies' sites don't.

You can only book trains 12 weeks in advance, and they're cheaper the earlier you book them. The train company websites usually offer a service that tells you when the dates you want go on sale. Can't see one for First Great Western, but the trainline offers one here http://www.thetrainline.com/ticketalert/.

However, don't book with trainline when the time comes. It charges a booking fee while the train companies' sites don't.

Brilliant, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

did anybody have trouble paying for tickets. I had 4 tickets and kept getting email saying that they were unable to get payment for the card.There was suficent funds to cover payment to cover the cost and address and everything matched so not sure what is going on. This evening was the last time for payment and as of yet is not successful. I've rang both bank and the rugby customer service, nothing wrong with the cards so just a pain. Disappointed if i don't get these tickets! Did this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭clsmooth

fifaking wrote: »
    did anybody have trouble paying for tickets. I had 4 tickets and kept getting email saying that they were unable to get payment for the card.There was suficent funds to cover payment to cover the cost and address and everything matched so not sure what is going on. This evening was the last time for payment and as of yet is not successful. I've rang both bank and the rugby customer service, nothing wrong with the cards so just a pain. Disappointed if i don't get these tickets! Did this happen to anyone else?

Same thing. Changed my card details and rang them up yesterday. Said the last attempt for payment would be today at 6.00pm. Said if it didn't go through, the tickets are gone for resale. Also you can't pay over the phone. Nothing taken yet, but there's no reason why it shouldn't have gone through. Waiting and hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

clsmooth wrote: »
    Same thing. Changed my card details and rang them up yesterday. Said the last attempt for payment would be today at 6.00pm. Said if it didn't go through, the tickets are gone for resale. Also you can't pay over the phone. Nothing taken yet, but there's no reason why it shouldn't have gone through. Waiting and hoping.

went through this morning, very strange, no reason why it shouldnt have went through the first day, anyway hope you had good luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dermey97

After weekends game cant wait now for RWC 2015.... Missed out on tickets unfortunately but might get some in resale next week. Booked ferry and accommodation for quarter final weekend in cardiff... Worked out very reasonable... Premier inn finest .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

cee_jay wrote: »
    I entered my payment details (Visa Debit) and the transaction fee is being applied to my transaction also.

I received the following reply from them today:
    Thanks for contacting us regarding the transaction fee.
    We apologise for any confusion on our website. Debit cards will not be charged a transaction fee when your payment is processed in mid October but do appear on the submission screen. This is being looked at and you should not be charged this fee in October at the time of allocation and payment.

My bank statement shows a debit inclusive of £1.60 card charge (despite the fact I too paid by Visa Debit).

Will fire 'em off an email methinks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can I get your opinions on this one. We had planned to do Italy in London, didn't get tickets and none left. So we were looking at a self build for the QF weekend in Cardiff, can see no accommodation at all in Cardiff, will need to take a risk on apply for both QFs for tickets and transport etc.
    One of the usual rugby trip travel agents has a package for that weekend, 2 nights city centre maldron hotel, return flights, cat c tickets for the Irish QF (assuming we get there) for around €850 each. I know its a risk on the terrible off chance we don't qualify out of our group (but strange things happen in sport). I'm thinking we should just book this now €150 non refundable deposit as there is a chance after Aussie game and say a good 6 nations the hype and interest could rise and we could lose out and end up with nothing. Worse case we don't qualify and we still get a good rugby weekend in Cardiff likely seeing a game of New Zealand or something. Mods sorry if this shouldn't go here.
    thanks PC7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

The prices for the quarter final weekend to Cardiff going by plane cant be booked for a few days and are already starting at just over 300 euro per person

• Advertisement

Steven81 wrote: »
    The prices for the quarter final weekend to Cardiff going by plane cant be booked for a few days and are already starting at just over 300 euro per person

Fly to Bristol maybe. Just an hour away from Cardiff by train.

Advertisement