Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 benqu

2 tix cat.D England-Australia - my only luck

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

4 x Ireland V Canada
    2 x Wales V Fiji

Didn't get any for the Kingsholm games I applied for, must have been higher demand then I imagined there would be.

Still got my main tickets, looking forward to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

I applied for 4 x Cat C for France and was successful but a couple of friends did the same and got none. They applied before and after me as well.

Seems to be some form of ballot alright.

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

We have a group of us living in Texas that applied for three games. Got 8 tickets for both Aus Fiji and USA Samoa and none to first south africa game

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

My application status still says Saved on September 16th when I look at my application (and I haven't received any email). Did I mess up the application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

shakedown wrote: »
    My application status still says Saved on September 16th when I look at my application (and I haven't received any email). Did I mess up the application?

Yes I'm afraid it seems you forgot to submit your application.

andymx11 wrote: »
    Yes I'm afraid it seems you forgot to submit your application.

Bah :(

Lucky my wife applied too, so got Ire/Fra and both QFs at least. Hopefully she'll take me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭WTO

shakedown wrote: »
    Bah :(

Lucky my wife applied too, so got Ire/Fra and both QFs at least. Hopefully she'll take me.

It would be fair to say she has a decent hand in any negotiating between now and October 2015...

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

I got 4 for scotland vs samoa and the winner of group d vs runner up of group c. I will be gutted if France end up winning the group. Does anyone know if the person games against Romania and Canada are sold out??

I don't think any games are really sold out yet. There'll be people that won the ballot bur dont end up buying, so tickets will go back on sale next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

You automatically get charged, cc details went with the application.
    Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

Has anybody who got tickets to the IRE FRA game in Cardiff started looking at travel? Was looking at Ryanair to either Bristol or Birmingham. Both very steep prices. Minimum of 120ish return. Anyone boating it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭Buer

€120ish return is a steal for that trip. Will end up a lot more than that.

I suppose you're right! Might go book now. Prices will only go up from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

ColmBr wrote: »
    Has anybody who got tickets to the IRE FRA game in Cardiff started looking at travel? Was looking at Ryanair to either Bristol or Birmingham. Both very steep prices. Minimum of 120ish return. Anyone boating it over?

Birmingham seems like the wrong place to be flying to in order to get to Cardiff?

Birmingham seems like the wrong place to be flying to in order to get to Cardiff?

You're right. If you can't get Bristol you're as well going to London and getting the train from there.

Just a 2 hour train ride from Birmingham to Cardiff so that's why I was considering it.

Just a 2 hour train ride from Birmingham to Cardiff so that's why I was considering it.

Same from London with a lot more travel options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Dublin to Cardiff is approx €140 with aer lingus around the week of the french game and quarter finals. According to skyscanner.net anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

getting 153e flying out early 17th Oct and back late 18th. I would assume these prices will just increase?

• Advertisement

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Dublin to Cardiff is approx €140 with aer lingus around the week of the french game and quarter finals. According to skyscanner.net anyway.

Can't seem to book that far ahead on the Aer Lingus Website itself. Do you know if skyscanner normally does this and have prices up on its website before the actual airline has it up on their own website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Can't seem to book that far ahead on the Aer Lingus Website itself. Do you know if skyscanner normally does this and have prices up on its website before the actual airline has it up on their own website?

Yeah I booked off skycanner once before even though I couldnt fo it on airline website

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Bah I didn't get any tickets I applied for. Had the hotel booked already in Cardiff since August for the night of the France match. Looks like I may auction it off to the highest bidder!

K3v wrote: »
    Bah I didn't get any tickets I applied for. Had the hotel booked already in Cardiff since August for the night of the France match. Looks like I may auction it off to the highest bidder!

Wait until after the general sale next month. You might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

If you are not using it i would be willing to offer you what you paid depending on what you paid and what hotel it is.

Please keep me in mind also. All I will need is somewhere to rest my head for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Wait until after the general sale next month. You might get lucky.

Yeah I have not given up hope yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ist

I have 4 Cat B Tickets for Ireland vs France. But situations have changed for me since applying and I don't think it would be smart for me to go.

I see that it says everywhere in there site that I can't cancel at this stage, but I presume that if I ring my bank and say credit card is lost before Monday that the transaction will not process.

I know that the resale will happen sometime in 2015 for those that want to genuinely sell tickets for face value, but is there any point in me putting this up for sale on adverts/toutless?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

ist wrote: »
    I have 4 Cat B Tickets for Ireland vs France. But situations have changed for me since applying and I don't think it would be smart for me to go.

I see that it says everywhere in there site that I can't cancel at this stage, but I presume that if I ring my bank and say credit card is lost before Monday that the transaction will not process.

I know that the resale will happen sometime in 2015 for those that want to genuinely sell tickets for face value, but is there any point in me putting this up for sale on adverts/toutless?

I have sent you a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Only got tickets for the Quarter Final in Cardiff...as an optimist I hope we do win our group but if we don't I am sure I will have no problem swapping as the other quarter final is on the same weekend.

Disappointed I didn't get Italy tickets, would love to have gone to London for that game.

Advertisement