Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭WTO

No tickets here. Ballot aload of ****e

Yes, I agree the tried & tested system of nepotism, cronyism, and "who you know" works much better.

Didn't get any. All my mates who barely like rugby got some. Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Got 5 tickets for Canada is Cat C. No luck with my applications for France or Italy, ah well sure!

Silly question but is the money pretty much taken automatically on Monday?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Didn't get tickets, seems a strange way as people who applied for more matches seemed very lucky.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Got four tickets to NZ v ireland/France.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

pc7 wrote: »
    Didn't get tickets, seems a strange way as people who applied for more matches seemed very lucky.

What categories did you apply for?

When I've gone to these types of events previously, the bulk of the tickets are the expensive type (Category A and B in this instance).

It's speculation, but I reckon that there were relatively few Category C and D tickets and a hell of a lot of applicants for those categories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

I also don't rate the balloting system as the fairest way to decide on ticket allocation.
    Like how can some people get 16 tickets or even more and then others get none?
    Let's see how the second sale goes in November.

I also don't rate the balloting system as the fairest way to decide on ticket allocation.

Speaking to friends and colleagues, a pattern is emerging...

People who applied for As or Bs or who indicated a preference to upgrade seem to have been more successful.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What categories did you apply for?

When I've gone to these types of events previously, the bulk of the tickets are the expensive type (Category A and B in this instance).

It's speculation, but I reckon that there were relatively few Category C and D tickets and a hell of a lot of applicants for those categories.

Yeah that's probably it alright I went for d/c. Ah well will probably just hold tight and try get a package for a semi when the time comes.
    Glad to see a good few boardsies were lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Only applied for four cat D France and I got them! Worry about quarters after !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭Buer

People who applied for As or Bs or who indicated a preference to upgrade seem to have been more successful.

I applied for 3 games and indicated preference to upgrade. Got nothing.

I don't understand how some people get tickets to multiple games and others get zip. Surely there has to be a better system?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

The guy who got 16 tickets applied for Cat A and B tickets. A and B are much more expensive than C and D so they would try to milk as much out of him as possible by giving him all 16. I assume that they wanted to attract as much people from outside of Europe as possible to rake in as much as possible. I wouldnt be surprised if the majority of Cat C and D tickets, for example, for the Quarter final with NZ and Ire/Fre went to the NZers. Cheaper tickets = more incentive to come abroad. Also the Ire v Romania game had Cat D tickets @ £50 but the Fre v Romania game had Cat D tickets @ £20. 2 conclusions can be drawn: 1. They like fukking over the Irish as the Irish have a reputation for being die hard supporters. 2. Cheaper tickets for countries further away from England to attract them. Meh, even with all that sh1t i still dont have a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

pc7 wrote: »
    People who .... indicated a preference to upgrade seem to have been more successful.

I can break these trends.
    Only applied for 4 CatD (no upgrade) for Ireland Italy.
    Got them. First rugby match, excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Got 2 Cat D for QF3 which would be Ireland V Argentina? if Ireland win their group but if we don't beat France I don;t really want to go over to see France play. Disappointed applied for the French game too and was hoping to get them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

I only looked for 2 x C for the French game, not willing to upgrade and was successful also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I can break these trends.
    Only applied for 4 CatD (no upgrade) for Ireland Italy.
    Got them. First rugby match, excited.

Enjoy it but it's ridiculously disappointing for people who have travelled all over the world to support the team spending thousands and then they can't get a ticket for a game an hour away by plane.

So pissed off right now but i know I'm not the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭WTO

Buer wrote: »
    I applied for 3 games and indicated preference to upgrade. Got nothing.

I don't understand how some people get tickets to multiple games and others get zip. Surely there has to be a better system?
    The guy who got 16 tickets applied for Cat A and B tickets. A and B are much more expensive than C and D so they would try to milk as much out of him as possible by giving him all 16. I assume that they wanted to attract as much people from outside of Europe as possible to rake in as much as possible. I wouldnt be surprised if the majority of Cat C and D tickets, for example, for the Quarter final with NZ and Ire/Fre went to the NZers. Cheaper tickets = more incentive to come abroad. Also the Ire v Romania game had Cat D tickets @ £50 but the Fre v Romania game had Cat D tickets @ £20. 2 conclusions can be drawn: 1. They like fukking over the Irish as the Irish have a reputation for being die hard supporters. 2. Cheaper tickets for countries further away from England to attract them. Meh, even with all that sh1t i still dont have a ticket.

Random conspiracy theories aside (!), there are many variables. It would need an Emmet02 to explain, but I'm sure a statistician can show why this can occur. I imagine the whole thing was computer-generated, certainly there wasn't any "racial profiling" to the allocation of tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

That is exactly how it was supposed to work, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Question - have money coming into my account or due into my account, but as it's a bank holiday, the payment won't be processed. It won't hit my account til Tuesday. They start collecting payments from Monday, a bank holiday non working day. Can they collect payments that day or will it go to the Tuesday instead?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

I'm personally not getting my hopes up for the November sale anyway. Obviously I'm gonna apply again in but basically the way I'm looking at it is 5 million people just applied for 1 million tickets and 750000 of them sold so come November 4 million people are going to be applying for 250000 category A tickets to ****e games.
    So in the rare event that we are successful in November we will probably be looking at paying €200 for a ticket to see South Africa v Japan and €200 for a ticket to see Ireland v Romania.
    Isn't there supposed to be another sale in February where the greedy so and so's who applied for every game can resell the ones they don't want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Will there be an option to resale your tickets on if you don't want yours. It was done for euro 2012 where unwanted tickets went back up for sale from other fans through a uefa website.

That is exactly how it was supposed to work, no?

It's more that (in my view) if the Millenium Stadium holds 80,000, 60,000 were As and Bs and 20,000 were Cs and Ds.

I reckon that applying for Cs and Ds massively decreased one's chances of getting tickets because there were more people chasing less tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Question - have money coming into my account or due into my account, but as it's a bank holiday, the payment won't be processed. It won't hit my account til Tuesday. They start collecting payments from Monday, a bank holiday non working day. Can they collect payments that day or will it go to the Tuesday instead?

England wont care that its a bank holiday in Ireland on monday and that money wont be going into your account until tuesday, i dont know what will happen then if there is insufficient funds in your account, hopefully you will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Applied for 4 Cat D for both Italy and France games with the improve my chances option but didn't get any. Very disappointing. Just waiting to hear from my Dad who also made an application. I assume we'll at least get Romania.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Applied for 4 Cat D for both Italy and France games with the improve my chances option but didn't get any. Very disappointing. Just waiting to hear from my Dad who also made an application. I assume we'll at least get Romania.

Dad's application was successful for four Cat Ds for Romania but unsuccessful for the Italy game. Looks like I'm pinning my hopes on the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

I applied for a host of cat C and Ds but got nothing. The A/B ones were absurdly expensive IMO but obviously some people will think them worth it and fair play to them

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We applied for category Bs for the Italy game and got nothing - very frustrating! Didn't even get our sneaky midweek options, we applied for a couple of cheap games around London.

I think that you'll have a problem.

If you try and purchase something with your card on Monday and there are insufficient funds in your account, the transaction will be declined.

This isn't really any different. They'll try and take the cash on Monday and if the transaction is declined I suspect that it's game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Okay..sent them an email and would suspect I won't get a reply until the next working day either which will be too late -.- going to try and lodge cash today, and will see how it pans out. I think there's an initial contact if it's declined before they're passed on...squeaky bum time so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Okay..sent them an email and would suspect I won't get a reply until the next working day either which will be too late -.- going to try and lodge cash today, and will see how it pans out. I think there's an initial contact if it's declined before they're passed on...squeaky bum time so!

Call them they are open Saturdays in the call centre.

Just as I thought all hope was lost my friend just called me. He got 4 tickets to the France game and two are mine!!!! Cannot wait!

Advertisement