Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nothing for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Me neither. Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

yippeee got 4 out of 6-now to find the money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Partially successful

I got a pair of Ireland v Italy cat d tickets.

Had applied for some Australia games for the wife but no good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

Unsuccessful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Just got the email. No tickets for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Applied for the two quarter finals in cardiff, got the winner of group d vs runner up of c. Now Ireland top the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Blingy wrote: »
    Just got the email. No tickets for me. :(
    ditto here. my good lady has applied for a hatful too so hopefully her email is different. i checked the credit card online and there does not seem to be anything billed on it though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Absolutely gutted.
    I haven't got tickets and I applied for category c tickets.Made the trip from Ireland to New Zealand for the last World Cup and now I can't get to one just across the water. Absolutely low.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Got tickets to both of the Cardiff quarters. One Cat C, One Cat D. Should be a good weekend!

Missed out on Ire v Fra and the semi though :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Absolutely gutted.
    I haven't got tickets and I applied for category c tickets.Made the trip from Ireland to New Zealand for the last World Cup and now I can't get to one just across the water. Absolutely low.

Unfortunately you will be able to get one but you'll have to pay through the nose. I'm gonna check now...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Just got the email. Two tickets for the Canada game and both quarters in the millennium stadium. Can't bloody wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

My genuine commiserations to those who missed out. I don't trust the ABs not to stuff up, so just went for the 1/4 final at Cardiff. And was lucky! Hoping to see a replay of 2007 - but with a different result. I was surprised the demand for this match wasn't higher.

Just need NZ to beat Argentina in pool play - which I'd be pretty confident about...and Ireland to beat France which is more 50/50 I'd say.

Imagine if Ireland beat France...only for NZ to lose to Argentina...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sluggerb

Nada for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Unfortunately you will be able to get one but you'll have to pay through the nose. I'm gonna check now...

Didn't think both cat C tickets for Italy and France would go to ballet considering the ticket prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Unsuccessful :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Got them!

Four for France vs Ireland
    Four for Ireland vs Italy
    Four for New Zealand vs Ireland/France
    Four for Argentina vs Ireland/France

I only applied for As and Bs on the assumption that there'd be more tickets and less people willing to pay that.

Two of us applied for Ireland v Italy with the increase your chances ticked and we applied for South Africa v Scotland because the inlaws are saffers with the increase your chances ticked.
    I had my doubts about getting the ireland game as it was in high demand almost immediately but i checked up till almost the end of the window and the SA game never went to ballot.
    I'm very dubious about this.

Got them!

Four for France vs Ireland
    Four for Ireland vs Italy
    Four for New Zealand vs Ireland/France
    Four for Argentina vs Ireland/France

I only applied for As and Bs on the assumption that there'd be more tickets and less people willing to pay that.

Can I speak for everyone when i say. I HATE YOU!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Yay. Tickets for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

3 cat d tickets for quarters. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Got Ireland vs Romania and winner d vs runner up c

Both cat d

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

Am I correct in saying that the chances of getting a ticket during the November re sale are even worse than getting a ticket in the ballot? 5m people applied for just under 1m tickets initially and i doubt that more than 50k tickets would be up for resale? Probably much less. But this time there are 4m people competing for them. Looks like there'll be no world cup for me

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Got three games. Canada, Italy and QF 3. Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Got mine aswell.how far ahead can you book flights

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Got Cat C tickets for Ireland Italy game, Delighted. 15£ for postage is fairly mad though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

no dice
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Talk about ruining a bank holiday weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭basillarkin

No tickets here. Ballot aload of ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Woohoo got 4x Ireland v Canada and 4x the 2 quarter finals :) buzzing...going to be a quiet bank holiday weekend though :(

Advertisement