Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Burner BBQ €213 Homestore & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Im looking at the master cook 600
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/barbeques/master-cook-platinum-600-bbq-6-burner/invt/055912

Couple of questions for those that have it
    can you get a suitable sized cover for them or is it needed, ie, will it withstand elements ok?
    is it ok put down down on decking or should I have some mat underneath?
    Doesnt look as though its on wheels, how portable/heavy is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Im looking at the master cook 600
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/barbeques/master-cook-platinum-600-bbq-6-burner/invt/055912

Couple of questions for those that have it
    can you get a suitable sized cover for them or is it needed, ie, will it withstand elements ok?
    is it ok put down down on decking or should I have some mat underneath?
    Doesnt look as though its on wheels, how portable/heavy is it?

Its not all that heavy. It does have 2 wheels, which means you can lift the handle at the other end and move it around in the same manner you would a wheelbarrow.

There is a cover included with it. I bought this exact model 4 years ago. The cover was damaged in very strong wind the very first year and it has sat outside ever since. The handle had gotten a little rusty, which isnt surprising given that I live right next to the beach and salt is everywhere.

You can pput it on any surface, no damage will be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can anyone recommend a good deal on a charcoal BBQ?

arogs half half price bbq's atm.

none of those homestore phone numbers are working on their website. anyone know Are they still open?

arogs half half price bbq's atm.

none of those homestore phone numbers are working on their website. anyone know Are they still open?

What do you mean by still open? Like shut down? They are still open. Just go and pick one up before they are all gone!

• Advertisement

What do you mean by still open? Like shut down? They are still open. Just go and pick one up before they are all gone!

Im trying to reserve one to pick it up this evening but cant get through on the phones, its like theyre not in service, might be my end though.

edit: all good, got them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Tusky wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good deal on a charcoal BBQ?

Depends on what you want.
    I was in B&Q Tallaght recently and the lumpwood was half price - about €4.50 for 7kg which was pretty good. Saying that, it is not great - a lot of smaller pieces so it tends to burn quicker.
    Aldi do a similar price but I have never used it.

Personally I would not go near briquettes or anything that mentions quick starting. Get pure lumpwood - its the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

MaceFace wrote: »
    Depends on what you want.
    I was in B&Q Tallaght recently and the lumpwood was half price - about €4.50 for 7kg which was pretty good. Saying that, it is not great - a lot of smaller pieces so it tends to burn quicker.
    Aldi do a similar price but I have never used it.

Personally I would not go near briquettes or anything that mentions quick starting. Get pure lumpwood - its the only way.

I meant for the BBQ itself! thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If anyone is thinking of getting one of these, I would definitely suggest buying an alternative cover as the one supplied is of very poor quality. My one ripped very easily off the sharp edges of the bbq and nearly melted when in direct sunlight.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    If anyone is thinking of getting one of these, I would definitely suggest buying an alternative cover as the one supplied is of very poor quality. My one ripped very easily off the sharp edges of the bbq and nearly melted when in direct sunlight.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

My cover was the same - very thin and not suitable to the relatively sharp edges on the BBQ. And because it's all black it does indeed absorb heat on sunny days and more or less melt, or at least get very, very soft.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I bought this one the Master Cook Connoisseur 600 one. The hubbie put it together on Tuesday night so I'll pick up gas and use it this weekend. First impressions of the cover are that it is crap quality. There is a slight tear in it already from a sharp edge. It will do us for this year - the shed is big enough to store the BBQ through the winter. I'll invest in a better one next year.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/barbeques/master-cook-connoisseur-600-bbq-6-burner/invt/055910

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Do they lava rocks with this brand. My old outback has them and I'm tempted to get one of these ?

zagmund wrote: »
    My cover was the same - very thin and not suitable to the relatively sharp edges on the BBQ. And because it's all black it does indeed absorb heat on sunny days and more or less melt, or at least get very, very soft.

z

same here, got the 600, Ive had wet toilet paper more durable. literally fell apart as it pulled down over the edges the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

The regulator that came with mine wouldn't fir my Butane canister, dos propane have a different size regulator or are this fitted with UK regulators?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 drykin

I'm looking at four or five burner Bbq in HS&M.

Just wondering if people have had trouble bringing them home? I understand that they need to be assembled at home but they still look very big for getting into a regular car.

drykin wrote: »

Just wondering if people have had trouble bringing them home? I understand that they need to be assembled at home but they still look very big for getting into a regular car.

The five burner comes in two boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

SeamusFX wrote: »
    The regulator that came with mine wouldn't fir my Butane canister, dos propane have a different size regulator or are this fitted with UK regulators?

Propane and Butane have different regulators

http://www.calor.co.uk/gas-bottles/regulators

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I took delivery of a Connoisseur 600 on Tuesday, assembled it on Thursday and christened it yesterday evening, and again this morning for breakfast, and I have to say I'm delighted with it for the price I paid!

As mentioned above, the cover is a bit on the lightweight side, but thankfully I have a previously bought/hardly used cover from Argos that will do it nicely over the winter.

I have also found the 600 online in various places, and the cheapest I saw it was Amazon for about £369, so for €240, it's a bargain, and a great BBQ to boot.

drykin wrote: »

The box the 600 came in was quite big & heavy, I opted for the home delivery for €25, which initially I thought was a bad idea, but as soon as I saw the box, was glad I decided to pay the 25 to have it delivered.

• Advertisement

Pipmae wrote: »
    First impressions of the cover are that it is crap quality. There is a slight tear in it already from a sharp edge.
    I'm downgrading my rating of the cover from crap to completely useless. It won't stay on the BBQ even in a slight wind. If I was to try and secure it to the BBQ it would rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Bumping as the same half price offer is up again and interested to get the views of anyone who has bought one in the last couple of years. Were they a good buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Bumping as the same half price offer is up again and interested to get the views of anyone who has bought one in the last couple of years. Were they a good buy?

I got the 600 (not the real expensive one) last year. I think the price has gone up E50 this year.

In general it's been great, will eat gas but probably due to the size ! I'm not sure how good the fancy porcelain coating on the grill is as it is definitely coming off in some my most commonly used sections.

Was out and used through out the year and served me well. Once cleaned well should last (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

The sale price is good. But not worth the full price.
    I got the 500. As above, the porcelain coating is not great, the materials in general are lighter than I expected. Also, I would have like lava rocks or similar, these just have as flame and a flame tamer.
    But still I will say, they are good value at the sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If the problems you guys are having with the grates gets to the point they are unusable, consider buying some grillgrates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

bergipau wrote: »
    The sale price is good. But not worth the full price.
    I got the 500. As above, the porcelain coating is not great, the materials in general are lighter than I expected. Also, I would have like lava rocks or similar, these just have as flame and a flame tamer.
    But still I will say, they are good value at the sale price.

Same here I got the 600 but you wouldn't want to leave it out in bad weather as corrosion will set in, putting it together was some pain though..

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Hi all,

The offers on the Master Cook BBQ's are back again. Anyone who bought one previously got any more feedback on the different models?

Plates wrote: »
    Hi all,

The offers on the Master Cook BBQ's are back again. Anyone who bought one previously got any more feedback on the different models?

I got mine 2 years ago (600) and can't fault it, it's a beast, just need better weather to use it more, but I've still used it quite a bit.

The rain cover that came with it lasted until the end of last summer, so it's worth getting a heavy duty one for about €12 from Argos. You'd want heavy duty cover anyway for the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I have mine a year now and have rarely used it as I have another couple of BBQs I use instead. I left it out uncovered over the winter (as other poster said, cover is useless).
    Easy to clean after I decided to use it again recently.

I would recommend it (sorry not even sure the model - the 5 burner model).
    I do have a regular problem - the regulator appears to be poor (I don't think it is the gas canister) whereby I need to fiddle with the connection at the gas bottle a few times to get full pressure gas coming out - often it must trickle out as the flame is very light.

One thing I would highly recommend and to be honest the only reason I used mine is to get the Rotisserie attachment if they have them. I think I spent 25 on it as it was half price as well and it is brilliant. Perfectly cooked chicken with none of the usual gunk that accumulates at the bottom. So much more useable meat from the bird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Folks,

I'm in the market for a gas bbq.

I see this in Argos:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4509411/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7C19285823%7CGarden%7C14418875/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418875%7CGas+BBQs%7C14418882.htm

Has anyone any idea how it would compare to the HS&M bbqs asI expect the offer to be back shortly?

Thanks!

Advertisement