Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Burner BBQ €213 Homestore & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

Guys, I have read and re-read the posts above but just want confirmation. I bought the 5 burner and the girl in the shop said I have to use propane or I will damage the BBQ. I have an old BBQ with a butane regulator and 3/4 full gas barrel. Can I change the regulator and finish off the gas I have and then change to the recommended propane without doing any damage?
    Anyone here use butane on this BBQ with no problems?
    Sorry for the long winded post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

claw14 wrote: »
    I have an old BBQ with a butane regulator and 3/4 full gas barrel. Can I change the regulator and finish off the gas I have and then change to the recommended propane without doing any damage?

It wont do any damage at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

claw14 wrote: »
    Guys, I have read and re-read the posts above but just want confirmation. I bought the 5 burner and the girl in the shop said I have to use propane or I will damage the BBQ. I have an old BBQ with a butane regulator and 3/4 full gas barrel. Can I change the regulator and finish off the gas I have and then change to the recommended propane without doing any damage?

Fire ahead and use the butane, you will not have any problems at all, especially with the heat outside at the moment! Its only in the depths of winter that you might have a problem using BUtane, but most likely you will not be using a BBQ anyway, so its neither here nor there. The advice of shop assistants in general stores like this can be completely ignored, clueless drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

calor_grey_1280_x_1280.jpg

I got this 'grey' cylinder in Woodies... €37.99. Had an old Calor Yellow cylinder and they allowed me to use it against it. Just a put on the Gas head on it and away you go.

Tricky taking it off... watch for a 'push in' button on the BBQ gas head to release it.. took me a while to work that out!!

Been using the 600 over the past few nights - and very happy! I jokingly refer to it as 'firing up the Beast' !!! Have to look into at how to clean the grills as they don't look like they would be suitable to using a wire brush scraper on.! Gonna get a plastic basin today that I could just steep them in over night in hot water.... I suppose that I could throw the Burner covers in there as well!!

Any good links to Gas BBQ'ing cooking... wouldn't mind trying some new stuff besides the usual Chicken and Burgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Masala wrote: »

I got this 'grey' cylinder in Woodies... €37.99. Had an old Calor Yellow cylinder and they allowed me to use it against it. Just a put on the Gas head on it and away you go.

Tricky taking it off... watch for a 'push in' button on the BBQ gas head to release it.. took me a while to work that out!!

Been using the 600 over the past few nights - and very happy! I jokingly refer to it as 'firing up the Beast' !!! Have to look into at how to clean the grills as they don't look like they would be suitable to using a wire brush scraper on.! Gonna get a plastic basin today that I could just steep them in over night in hot water.... I suppose that I could throw the Burner covers in there as well!!

Any good links to Gas BBQ'ing cooking... wouldn't mind trying some new stuff besides the usual Chicken and Burgers!
    Thank you for the tip on how to remove it.I couldn't work it out the other night.I did birdseye waffles and small new potatoes on it the other night and they were delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Waffles on the BBQ, hmmm . . . this may be a worlds first.

I suggest adding meat (unless you are a vegetarian).

z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

I use Oven Pride just remove the grills and leave in the plastic bag for two hours and wash down with water.... I find it good anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

We're fed up cleaning ours, so we started cooking evrything in foil parcels;) makes no difference to the taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Have to look into at how to clean the grills as they don't look like they would be suitable to using a wire brush scraper on.! Gonna get a plastic basin today that I could just steep them in over night in hot water.... I suppose that I could throw the Burner covers in there as well!!
    just get a long handled BBQ wire brush (Weber do a really good one).

Crank up all the burners to full for 10 minutes with the lid closed, then just scrape the grills with the wire brush and you're done.

after every few times of using it, you'll want to clean it the carbon deposits in the bottom or the fat will build up on them and you'll get a bit of a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

On sale again. Did anybody purchase one of these last year? Would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

leex wrote: »
    On sale again. Did anybody purchase one of these last year? Would you recommend?

Not at that price (€400++). I got in 50% off sale weekend and paid €200.

Very happy with my one... but wouldn't pay €400 for it!!!!

So.. hang in there for the Sale.

TIP: Register an account NOW so that when Sale arrives - you can log on and reserve same to collect at leisure. I paid at the till... so no credit card needed to reserve same!

Not at that price (€400++). I got in 50% off sale weekend and paid €200.

Very happy with my one... but wouldn't pay €400 for it!!!!

So.. hang in there for the Sale.

TIP: Register an account NOW so that when Sale arrives - you can log on and reserve same to collect at leisure. I paid at the till... so no credit card needed to reserve same!

Text/email out today offering 50% website price.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Thanks, but their website doesn't mention any sale. Did the Text/email mention if this sale starts today?

SeamusFX wrote: »
    Thanks, but their website doesn't mention any sale. Did the Text/email mention if this sale starts today?

Starts today with the code in text/email. This normally runs for a few days before it is open to the public and is reflected on website.

Is a code required. If so, could someone post or PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

They never ask for the code but the one I got is 064341, it's a universal code afaik, or it has been to date anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

I see the 600 has porcelain coated steel cooking grate.
    does anyone know if the 300 or 400 have porcelain grates? I've tried to call them but I can't get an answer.

bergipau wrote: »
    I see the 600 has porcelain coated steel cooking grate.
    does anyone know if the 300 or 400 have porcelain grates? I've tried to call them but I can't get an answer.

Any risk of this chipping?

The 300 and 400 definitely don't have porcelain coated steel cooking grates and although the grate on the 500 seems a lot better, I don't think that has a porcelain coated steel cooking grate either. According to the website the Connoisseur 600 has the porcelain coated steel cooking grate, but they didn't seem to have any in stock in Galway, so it was between the 400, the Master Cook Classic 500 and the Master Cook Platinum 600. I thought for €15 more the 500 was worth it, but although it was nice, I wasn't willing to pay an extra €155 for the Master Cook Platinum 600, so I opted for the Master Cook Classic 500. I hope I'm not sorry, but it looks like a great BBQ for the money. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

They never ask for the code but the one I got is 064341, it's a universal code afaik, or it has been to date anyway.
    So how do you get it for half-price instore?

• Advertisement

Just tell them you got an email about the 1/2 sale for BBQs and that's all I needed, they never asked for the code or any proof. Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

The ads on the radio are for half price BBQs. Is the code for a further 50% off that price?

z

I just picked up 2 of the 600's. They look ok quality, definitely great value at 240

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

I can never understand how people support stores that make fools of customers.

Can any say that the "full" price represents any comparison to prices charged elsewhere?

From what I saw last year, the half price meant it was about or slightly lower than most other places standard price. Yet thousands will go in and buy thinking they got "half price"

Suckers

delahuntv wrote: »

Can any say that the "full" price represents any comparison to prices charged elsewhere?

From what I saw last year, the half price meant it was about or slightly lower than most other places standard price. Yet thousands will go in and buy thinking they got "half price"

Suckers

That is harsh. I got to 600, I haven't seen anything better at that price. Sure it's not worth 480, but 240 was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

delahuntv wrote:

delahuntv wrote:

Just on this I bought a log burner in homestore at the " €35 sale" price and they had the exact same one in homebase for € 69 so that seemed legit.

BBQ look great value very interested in the 600 anyone recommend getting the rotisserie attachment for €35 ?

I bought the 500 today for €210 but now I'm kinda sorry after looking at an Argos flyer that came with the paper today.

A similar sized BBQ with a porcelain grill is €195: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2876847/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7C19285823%7CBarbecues%7C14418875/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418875%7CGas+BBQs%7C14418882.htm#tab3

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Kilteragh

delahuntv wrote: »

Suckers

Before buying last year I checked the exact model on Amazon and they were selling for full price. so yes is the answer to your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Anyone know if the 600 will fit in the boot of a car or do you have to choose home delivery.

• Advertisement

Trish56 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 600 will fit in the boot of a car or do you have to choose home delivery.
    Depends on the size of the car ;)

It comes in 2 boxes. It just about fitted in the boot of my Pulsar - and that has a fairly big boot.

Advertisement