Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Burner BBQ €213 Homestore & More

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

i would go with the 600 its better to have the extra size,when catering for larger groups.i bought the 600 and done a bbq for 9 adults and 6 kids yesterday its was faultless.couldnt speak highly enough of it.it comes with a cover and gas reg too.

When im just cooking for the four of us i just use one side of the bbq.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Just bought one. Looking forward to using it. The yoke is a beast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

We bought a 400 last year at the same price as this year - €190. In fact it was this weekend too, I've just checked the records. I had wanted to get the 600, but it was sold out. The 400 is plenty large for 10-15 person BBQs - we've had a few. You just need someone to come along every so often and take off the cooked stuff while you rotate the new stuff. Works for me.

It has been outside all through the winter - we had a BBQ in a storm back in January. It shows some signs of rust, but not much. The temperature dials are a little flaky and stick on occasion, but I now know the trick to unstick them.

We've also been burning Butane - I'm 99.9% sure that the manual makes reference to burning both.

All in all, they're a grand oul' BBQ.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

I got the 500 for euro212. Very pleased with it for the price.
    Been on the look out in Woodies and B&Q for 2 years to replace old rusty BBQ and this was a definite bargain. Woodies would've charged 350 or 400 I reckon.
    And Yep, manual says at the back, Butane or propane can be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

What is the grill like on these? Is it a wire grill or cast iron or enamelled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

IMO these mobile gas BBQ's simply don't last more than a few years (at most). Lately I buy a fairly standard one every 2 years and just trash the old one. Parts are often hard to source and very expensive too. Even if it has s/s burners, there are still things like the diffusers which burn away rapidly, the regulating knobs which get tired, not to mention all the crud everywhere... The frame/chassis always seem to outlast the rest of the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

What's the best way to store these? Clean, cover, and leave in shed hoping for some sun?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

dendof wrote: »
    What's the best way to store these? Clean, cover, and leave in shed hoping for some sun?!

Too much hassle though. Besides my shed is always full of stuff.

Clean? I just fire on the burners, bring it up nice and hot and all of a sudden it's clean.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Picking up a 400 tomorrow. Any more reviews? Is it worth the few quid more for the 500?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Went with 600 myself..... still in the box. Will put together on weekend!

is the 400 priced at €190??? Got the 600 for €225..

The €35 extra seems good value on paper!!!

PS... anyone know how much a cylinder of gas (Blue Bottle) is??? As I am a new gas user... have I to buy a cylinder outright now and then just swap out as I go empty?? How much is this extra cost??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I paid 53.50 for a cylinder of calor patio gas(propane) without a cylinder.
    I think the price varies from place to place.

The guy in the shop said its 33.50 for a refill.

Picked up the 400. Very impressive BBQ for the price and more than enough for my needs.

That 600 is a beast!! The size of it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 samwhite449

Looks like a good BBQ for a decent price i must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I bought the 600 3 years ago, still works perfect. The rain cover ripped off in the first winter as its was particularly windy. It has been sitting outside ever since. There are a couple of spots of rust on the temperature controls, nothing to worry about. The only part that shows a fair bit of rusting is on the carry handle on the left hand side. I ended up scraping the rust off and then spraying it with chrome spray paint from Halfords, just to keep it looking nice.

Whenever anyone sees it for the first time, they always comment on what a beast it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Sorry guys..... just a question on the Gas I need.

Is it the traditional Yellow Cylinder that has been around for years??

Or is it the Flogas yellow cylinder (the one with a 'collar' of some sort on it) Have seen that today and it says Butane on front and weights approx. 11kg.

Or to confuse further......is it the Blue cyclinder??

Am worried that I buy wrong one...

Masala - all the normal domestic cylinders will be fine *as long as* you have the correct regulator for it. If you are starting from scratch with no cylinder and just a regulator from the BBQ box then the most straight forward thing is to bring the regulator to the garage/shop and say you want a cylinder to match.

If you go for a different cylinder then you will have to buy a new regulator and throw away the old one . . . which would be a waste.

Basically, any domestic propane or butane will do.

z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I prefer propane (also branded as patio gas) as butane will not work in cold temperatures but as others hav said, either can be used.

May not be an issue for some but I make pizza in the BBQ all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Masala wrote: »
    Sorry guys..... just a question on the Gas I need.

Is it the traditional Yellow Cylinder that has been around for years??

Or is it the Flogas yellow cylinder (the one with a 'collar' of some sort on it) Have seen that today and it says Butane on front and weights approx. 11kg.

Or to confuse further......is it the Blue cyclinder??

Am worried that I buy wrong one...

We also were starting from scratch and bought the patio gas. This matches with the regulator that came with the 600 anyway. Our one is grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

They had these on sale for a similar price last year I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

All the Charcoal ones gone?

A friend of mine is looking to get one and I thought the biggest one looked pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

All the Charcoal ones gone?

A friend of mine is looking to get one and I thought the biggest one looked pretty decent.

B&q have a great selection of charcoal ones, I went in to compare prices before I bought the one in homestore.
    20140531_170645.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Charlie19 wrote: »
    B&q have a great selection of charcoal ones, I went in to compare prices before I bought the one in homestore.

How much was the one in the picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Got the Mastercook 600. I assume we all get the same regulator with it. So what do I need to get? Just a normal bottle of gas from the local petrol station? Thanks for the help

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    How much was the one in the picture?

I thought that one was a bit expensive at €115 but it did have a granite chopping board built in ;)

shezer wrote: »
    Got the Mastercook 600. I assume we all get the same regulator with it. So what do I need to get? Just a normal bottle of gas from the local petrol station? Thanks for the help

For the regulator supplied you'll need to get the grey bottle of Propane Patio Gas. In my experience these are far less common that the yellow butane bottles.

Batesy wrote: »
    For the regulator supplied you'll need to get the grey bottle of Propane Patio Gas. In my experience these are far less common that the yellow butane bottles.

Any idea where they stock them please?

B&q

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Most petrol stations have them. You need the bottle with the flush top, the one with the flat connection. Liquid propane. Grey or cream bottle. It will most likely say "patio gas" on the cylinder. 33€ If you have an empty. Any colour empty will do; does t have to be like for like.

Assembled the 600 yesterday for a friend. It's a decent looking piece of kit for the money.

• Advertisement

Thank you kind sirs

Advertisement