Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Car Trouble

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

It won't be a hummer, but have you looked at Hertz/Avis etc out at the airport and asked about their "premium" cars? They sometimes have Jags and the likes available. Ask a friend/wedding party member to be the driver. You pay for the car, and the driving could be their present to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I saw a light silver Hummer H2 limo with pink ribbons, Cork bound on the M8 last week so there's definitely at least one out there.

Failing that would a company from England/Wales be willing to come over for the right price?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Irish Lion

We have got one of our guests with a 141 Merc to drive us.
    Since we couldn't get what we wanted, we just asked our friends for ideas and this is what we have got.

Thanks again for all the comments and opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Irish Lion wrote: »
    I find the lack of knowledge here just overwhelming.
    Trying to hire anything for a wedding on a Saturday in July at such short notice is just impossible. What cars are available are the dregs left behind because nobody wants them. I saw a car today that had white tape holding on a window and duck tape on the rear seats and the individual still wanted €450 for the hire.
    This is why most people book so far in advance.
    Perhaps what has transpired is the norm as the last poster said but that doesn't make it right.
    I genuinely had no idea there was such demand for wedding cars. Im genuinely touched that you are on this wild goose chase just to make sure she has the day she wants. My brother was giving me away and he picked me up in his old Toyota. My dad in law brought us to the reception in his old car. Good times. Down here the Hotel comes with an old Rolls which everybody seems to love. Its been on the road for 30 years. The best you can do now is find anyone at all with a BMW or Audi or even a VW passat which would scrub up nicely preferably with a cream leather interior.
    Let the hummer go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Irish Lion wrote: »
    We have got one of our guests with a 141 Merc to drive us.
    Since we couldn't get what we wanted, we just asked our friends for ideas and this is what we have got.

Thanks again for all the comments and opinions.
    The very thing. Sounds gorgeous. Think of the money you've saved! have a great ay and a lovely life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement