Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Am_I_Will_

Hi folks, bought my last robotic mower on myrobotcenter.eu but that seems to have gone bust. Anyone got an alternative, looking at the Husqvarna Automower 105 but seems to be a lot cheaper overseas than here just can't find any retailer that will ship to Ireland - TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Not sure do GPL shop have that exact model but I've had zero issues getting mowers or parts from Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mr Q

German eBay. There is a seller with them for 599.00 or best offer. They are a shop and have several.

Send it to mailboxde or similar for forwarding. How much are they here currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Am_I_Will_

They were on Amazon DE for around 670 but i missed them so will take a look at German eBay thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Have you tried this...

Restoring factory settings

The lawn mower can be reset to factory

settings here.

1. If necessary, open the cover (1).

2. Unlock the display (10) with the 4-digit PIN (factory setting "1111").

3. Press the OK button (7) to enter the main menu.

4. Use the arrow buttons (6) to select "Set-tings".

Confirm the selection with the OK button (7).

6. Use the arrow buttons (6) to select "Factory settings".

7. Confi rm the selection with the OK button (7).

The lawn mower switches off and resets itself to the factory setting.

Resetting the lawn mower to factory

settings does not delete the personal

data saved when connecting to the Lidl

Home App. To delete this data, proceed as

described in the chapter "Disconnecting

the device and deleting data from the

app"

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

I bought them last year, very worth it for me, they work great.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Opened up mower today, long out of warranty and been in there before. The connection from cutting height adjustment motor to motherboard had come out of its port, probably got knocked out when greasing up wheel motors last week and wheel motor slipped back inside, no visible damage and all running well on reconnection. Bit the bullet and ordered two new rear wheel motors and few new chassis seals , have been putting it off a while, down for delivery tomorrow, so hopefully back out cutting in Friday when forecasted rain fecks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'm looking into something like this for the entrance to the mowers garage.

The mower is only out a week and ploughed the area just in front of the entrance within a day or two. Put down some sand to try and improve the grip but with all the rain it made it worse. Now I have to manually put the mower onto the charger each time, a real PITA.

Happened the odd time last summer, the mower does a 180° to reverse into the charger, so is hard on the grass there in any case.

If I can find a 2m x 1m mat like in the photo, I'll fit it into the ground at the entrance, and sow more grass in a few weeks when the weather improves. I don't have an issue with grip anywhere else.

I'd think chicken wire would be too light and would have a risk of lifting and catching the blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Buachaildana2

I've a Husqvarna 315X. Every month or so I've had to trim the wires and sometimes add a new Spade connector from the perimeter wires to the Docking station. Usually the dreaded flashing blue light prompts me to do something! I'll soon run out of spare wire to keep trimming these. I was told to cover the connectors with vaseline to protect them. This seems to only make the situation worse when the Blue light starts flashing. Any recommendations? Has anyone insulated the internal docking station where the connections are? If so, how? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭denismc

What brand of connectors are you using? I have never had an issue with these , I think I still have the original connectors 5 years after installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Same.

If I amend the cutting area by adding or removing wire to cordon off/add I just use the connectors that shipped with the mower. Never had an issue and the original ones are 4-5 years in.

Only tip I would say is to pack a bit of dielectric grease in to the 3M push fittings as they don't ship with a lot. That said I only started at that last year and all the ones I've buried without the grease from day one are still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shoehorn

My Ambrgoio 250i Elite has been doing some sudden stops...idle shuffle onwards..mow again.. sudden stop.. idle shuffle on ..etc.. No errors or anything - just refusing to cut on particular parts of the lawn. I don't consider the grass to be particularly long, and it's not doing the spiral cut thing that it normally does in long grass, but I suppose the area where this is happening has some medium sizes tufts.

Is it a safety feature, where it thinks it's a some animal or object? Any ideas why it's happening? If it's a long grass issue, why isn't it spiral cutting? Is it because it's tufts - going from low to higher level grass triggers the safety stop?

Mower is set at the highest cut; blade is in good shape; using a blade guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Hi all,

Just wondering how people have dealt with these type of obstructions when laying the guide wire? Leave it and let the mower deal with it, or loop the wire around it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Doe Tiden

Just let the mower tip off it

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bamayang

Have same issue of late. Blue light but resolved by twiddling the spade connector.

I wonder if the issue is not the connectors themselves but the actual terminals themselves or somewhere inside the charging station.

It is very easy to open the charging station to check connections for any corrosion, there are just 3 torx screws to open if you want to look inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bamayang

Can’t say sure sure but today when the issue appeared, I move the wire around a little and it flashed between green and blue lights. So that to me says issue is the connection between wire and spade and terminals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It may be nothing to do with your perimeter wire, you could be dropping power into the charger. The husq base station has a janky cable connector into the rear of the station. I've found the connectors corrode easily there and also come loose because of that. Leaving poor current into the basestation then on into your wires. Reduces the current flow and shows blue.

Check your power to charger isn't loose or corroded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Guys.. am in the market for a small garden unit ( have a front and back garden… urban house in an estate) so what out there for me to look at??

this is New territory for me and a complete newbie on costs and models. So any help would be appreciated

many thanks all in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mcauleydjm

There have been a few with moisture damage and mower doesn't turn on via keypad. Display lights up when on charge but no response to buttons.

See here:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

Hi all, I've inherited a property about 12km from home that Ive been renting out for the last year. It has a pretty big lawn - around 2300m2.

The place doesn't have a shed, so I've been towing the tractor lawnmower to mow the place myself. It's a fair time commitment.

Thinking long term, my option is either to build a shed and buy a tractor lawnmower for the tenant, or look at a robot.

Any thoughts on whether a robot would be feasible for a rental property away from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I have similar and never tried to run the guide wire around it. But every so often it would hit it at a certain angle and get stuck on it.

So I put something round at the base and it just hits that instead.

Most top end automowers come with a gps module which allows you check on the mower remotely, if there are any errors or alarms you get a notification on your phone and you can change schedules and cutting height remotely.

All mowers have some type of alarm and can be locked with a pin.

So yes an automower will work for your scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Does anyone have a Kress mower out there i.e the ones that require no guide wires and work off gps…..I’ve approx 2000sq m front and back of grass with an irregular shape and a sever-ish slope section close to 45 deg in one area…..takes me almost 2 hrs to cut it at minute with a Honda self propelled mower……would the kress be worth the investment….? Would love to hear from any owners out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

• Advertisement

there’s a fella in Galway sells a lot of them he’s on instagram and tik tok

Advertisement