Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 Episode 7 "Mockingbird": *HAVE NOT* read the books

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

EyeSight wrote: »
    So is there no episode this week because of memorial day weekend?

Yup. Apparently there will be parades on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This wait is going to bloody kill me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

EyeSight wrote: »
    So is there no episode this week because of memorial day weekend?

Spoiler tags, please. The weekend hasn't happened yet!
    DM addict wrote: »
    Yup. Apparently there will be parades on Monday.

I think the bigger concern is that 3 day weekends are always big days for travel. Lots of people schedule weekend trips, or longer trips that they can extend by a day. So they won't be at home watching television Sunday night. They'll often see significant dips in ratings on those weeks.

Theoretically this should be much less of a concern for HBO than other broadcasters, since they repeat their episodes throughout the week, it's not hard to manage to record at least one showing, and without advertisers they don't care when you watch it, as long as customers are satisfied. Not sure why they're making an exception now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Anachrony wrote: »
    Spoiler tags, please. The weekend hasn't happened yet!

I think the bigger concern is that 3 day weekends are always big days for travel. Lots of people schedule weekend trips, or longer trips that they can extend by a day. So they won't be at home watching television Sunday night. They'll often see significant dips in ratings on those weeks.

Theoretically this should be much less of a concern for HBO than other broadcasters, since they repeat their episodes throughout the week, it's not hard to manage to record at least one showing, and without advertisers they don't care when you watch it, as long as customers are satisfied. Not sure why they're making an exception now.

HBO aired episode 9 of season 2 (Backwater) during veterans day weekend and it got dire ratings. I suppose the management at HBO need big audiences to renew the show..

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

GerB40 wrote: »
    I suppose the management at HBO need big audiences to renew the show..

They've already renewed it for seasons 5 and 6, so I don't think that's their most immediate concern. Consistent ratings are better than not, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Higher ratings = more money = more dragons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Love Oberyn! He can't die he's too hot for that!:D I have a feeling he won't lose but that in the next episode it'll be so close that the audience will think he is done for and then he will kill the mountain with one blow. GoT is all about suspense!! Good episode, especially Arya and the hound! Loved the scene between Dany and Daario! Something for the ladies to watch and to enjoy!;)

Arya and the Hound are a great pairing, I love their scenes. And Arya is fairly racking up the notches on her sword! She is quite the contrast to her woosy, weepy sister Sansa (who once again seems to be at the mercy of a fella with ill intent). Speaking of Starks, what about Blackfish, we haven't heard a whisper about him since he escaped the Red Wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

chasmcb wrote: »
    Arya and the Hound are a great pairing, I love their scenes. And Arya is fairly racking up the notches on her sword! She is quite the contrast to her woosy, weepy sister Sansa (who once again seems to be at the mercy of a fella with ill intent). Speaking of Starks, what about Blackfish, we haven't heard a whisper about him since he escaped the Red Wedding.

The Blackfish is a Tully. On the run now I presume, since the Freys are in control of the Riverlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    The Blackfish is a Tully. On the run now I presume, since the Freys are in control of the Riverlands.
    I knew he was a Tully, just meant he was a Stark ally. Him having escaped Red Wedding you would think that means he is going to re-surface in the story at some point -plus the fella whose wedding triggered the whole massacre, is he still rotting in a dungeon, some honeymoon, especially after being paired with the one pretty daughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Who does he have to explain to? He's the lord over there now and they were associated with the Starks which are mostly dead.
    The Lords of the Vale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Grimebox wrote: »
    So it turns out the "prediction" of the mountain vs oberyn was true.

My only complaint of this whole show is how it jumps around too much. The scene with the red woman could have been in another episode where it could have been more relevant.

The books chapters are titled with character names:

Ala:

1 Tyrion
    2 Cersei
    3 Sansa
    4 Arya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

What if he demands a trial by combat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

bluesfan wrote: »

Then we choose Calex equipped with the mighty ban hammer :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

bluesfan wrote: »
    Crossbow.
    Every. Single. Time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Crossbow.
    Every. Single. Time.

I always hated crossbows, too long to load. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I always hated crossbows, too long to load. :pac:

Try one of these. With practise, you can run through a magazine of ten quarrels in fifteen seconds.

http://www.atarn.org/chinese/rept_xbow.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Try one of these. With practise, you can run through a magazine of ten quarrels in fifteen seconds.

Add face to palm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

I loved this quote, so ironic

"The impetus of the heavy bolt of the mediaeval European crossbow which had a thick steel bow, was sufficient to destroy life without the aid of such a cruel accessory as poison."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Godge wrote: »
    I loved this quote, so ironic

"The impetus of the heavy bolt of the mediaeval European crossbow which had a thick steel bow, was sufficient to destroy life without the aid of such a cruel accessory as poison."

Yeah, I can see where they're coming from though. Afair a lot of the time poison = smearing the quarrels or arrows with **** so wounds would go gangrenous. It's not like people were issued with strych or curare or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement