Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 Episode 7 "Mockingbird": *HAVE NOT* read the books

Options
  • 19-05-2014 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, now that was a GREAT episode

How did you rate this episode? 270 votes

0% 0 votes
    13% 36 votes
    29% 79 votes
    33% 90 votes
    15% 41 votes
    4% 13 votes
    2% 8 votes
    0% 1 vote
    0% 2 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Arya killing that guy, Bron refusing to stand for Tyrion, Oberyn stepping in and Baylish, the look on her face, "I have only ever loved 1 woman in my entire life" She smiles "Your sister!!!!" then lobs her down the hole

Next week is going to be brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Now yer learning.

Pushtastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Two weeks is too long to wait till the next one :(

Great episode, they seemed to touch on most of the storylines without it being too disjointed. Although I felt the Nightswatch scene could have been omitted. As many people had predicted it'll be the Mountain vs. Oberyn. That'll be a good fight. Thor Bjornsson is such a colossus of a man, great small scene of him just ripping bodies apart. Have to say I am starting to like the new Dario. He is noway near as ponsey as the last guy. Much more wit and subtle charm. The minute that the Moondoor was opened I knew someone was flying out it, glad it was the crazy woman. Brave move from Littlefinger though, he seems to have no fear. It seems like Arya and Sansa are getting really close to eachother now. I wonder what event is going to prevent another Stark union?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any one PM me a link, i've no work till tomorrow night , but cant seem to find one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

2smiggy wrote: »
    any one PM me a link, i've no work till tomorrow night , but cant seem to find one ?

touch early for links, maybe a few hours

Also, if you've not yet watched it why come into this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

scudzilla wrote: »
    touch early for links, maybe a few hours

Also, if you've not yet watched it why come into this thread?

bit drunk, and would love to see the episode :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Oberyn's monologue was the highlight for me. Great episode, disappointed we didn't see the fight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Arya killing that guy, Bron refusing to stand for Tyrion, Oberyn stepping in and Baylish, the look on her face, "I have only ever loved 1 woman in my entire life" She smiles "Your sister!!!!" then lobs her down the hole

Next week is going to be brutal

2 weeks until the next one :(

And only 3 episodes left, feels like this season only started.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Was a good enough episode but like everyone was hoping to see the trial by combat..two weeks will be agony. Not as much agony as Jorah is in though! Felt bad for him, cop him a feel at least Daenerys!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Cracking episode.
    Balish is a very daring and courageous in his masterful plan. Hope himself and Sansa put some manners in that little child!!
    Quality scenes with tyrion in the dungeon as well.
    Gutted to hear we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

The hound letting his guard down seemed a but forced to me.

Wondering the repercussions for little finger now .......

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the mountain wins, nostalgic, heartwarming battle endings isn't GOT's style

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

2 weeks to wait grrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The hound letting his guard down seemed a but forced to me.

Wondering the repercussions for little finger now .......

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the mountain wins, nostalgic, heartwarming battle endings isn't GOT's style

Little Finger will be ok hes in charge now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

So it turns out the "prediction" of the mountain vs oberyn was true.

My only complaint of this whole show is how it jumps around too much. The scene with the red woman could have been in another episode where it could have been more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Grimebox wrote: »

My only complaint of this whole show is how it jumps around too much. The scene with the red woman could have been in another episode where it could have been more relevant.

Still, will Stannis burn his own daughter? He had serious doubts about burning Gendry- he pretty much let Davos save him last season.. Plus- no way Davos would let him. Also, did The Red Woman (can't remember her name, Melesandy or something) just admit that most of her "magic" are potion tricks?

Was surprisingly heartbreaking listening to The Hound talk of his childhood and being more alone than Ayra..

Oberyn is quickly becoming my fav character! His story of meeting Tyrion as a child was potent- Cercesi still wants him dead and Jamie is still trying to save him.

The mountain is a BEASHT..

I hope Robin gets thrown out like his wacko of a mother - was badass to see Littlefinger comfort her then go "Your sister". Kinda felt it coming but stil- woo ha

Great episode - shame they didn't show Daenerys sex scene though:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Good episode for some reason i didn't see that push coming at the end, was completely in shock at it, as expected the mountain is back and he is a monster.

mightyreds wrote: »
    Good episode for some reason i didn't see that push coming at the end, was completely in shock at it, as expected the mountain is back and he is a monster.

I had opened this thread literally seconds before it happened and read this at a glance.
    tricky D wrote: »
    Now yer learning.

Pushtastic.

Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭thefa

I don't think they will have Oberyn lose which I assume would also doom Tyrion. The Oberyn revenge plot seems to be just kicking into gear and Tyrion has been such a major character with the politics of King's Landing. There is no immediate replacement for them. The mountain is a one-dimensional character and he's absence wouldn't be missed.

GOT has killed off some big characters but the deaths were usually catalysts (or part of) for major events or ending plots that were starting to go nowhere.

Grimebox wrote: »
    It was on the Season 4 trailer as well as the list of episode titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Wasn't the mountain a different actor in the earlier seasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Standman wrote: »
    Wasn't the mountain a different actor in the earlier seasons?

Ya, it's the 3rd actor to play him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2smiggy wrote: »
    anyone PM any links, will be at work by the time its on tonight, so would not mind seeing it before tomorrow

Streaming/download links not allowed. Ask again and you'll be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

Mr E wrote: »
    Streaming/download links not allowed. Ask again and you'll be banned.

Game of Pwnes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Highlight of the Episode for me.Great scene

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

friendzonedsohardy5unp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

All the interactions with Tyrion were excellent. The Oberyn vs Mountain battle was well telegraphed on here, i wonder if it was non book readers reading spoilers, but the plot development & dialogue to get there was still gripping. Oberyn is going to make short work of the Mountain imo although I do think the Mountain taunting him could force a rush of blood to the head.

The rest was filler by comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dempsey wrote: »
    All the interactions with Tyrion were excellent. The Oberyn vs Mountain battle was well telegraphed on here, i wonder if it was non book readers reading spoilers,

It was in the season trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Blay wrote: »
    It was in the season trailer.

I avoided trailers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really enjoyed that. The Tyrion/Oberyn bit was just brilliant, even though I knew it was coming. When he said he'd be the champion, it was a real punch the air moment. Love the character; just oozes coolness.

The ending was good, though Sansa annoys me so not hugely invested in the story. Did like the slap to the kid though.

Arya/Hound is a brilliant combo imo, and I love seeing their character development. I feel like they are a good base for the Stark Army that has to be built.

And the bits across the sea and at the Wall were kept to a minimum. Great!

Loved it :)

Line of the episode was Oberyn: (paraphrased) "I never thought I'd see it; a Lannister who wants to kill Lannisters nearly as much as I do".

I think I'm going to avoid this forum from now on. The impact of this episode was lost on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

friendzonedsohardy5unp.gif

The ultimate in friendzoned having to give advice to the girl about her bad boy boyfriend.

Advertisement