Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

has anyone managed to pick this up ahead of launch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    OK mine has pre loaded and installed. I can't play until 5am tomorrow because I bought it off the US store so I'll go to bed early and get up for it. File size was 23GB with the patch.

Now I just need GTA 5 to download to my PS4 in the next 12 hours. Only 20GB of the 51GB left so it should do it with a few hours to spare.

EDIT: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/far-cry-4/critic-reviews And reviews are now 20/20 all positive. I wonder which will be the first click bait review to give it a 6/10 :D

Mine is unlocking at midnight tonight from the US store.
    Well it said 1 day and 5 minutes remaining at 23:55 last night anyway, so I'm presuming it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yeah, still on course for unlocking at midnight :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My copy shipped from amazon, hopefully have it Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Has anyone said Soon yet? No?

SOOOOOOOOON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Meggylom

Are HMV on grafton street opening tonight {Monday} for this release?

I know gamestop are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Cormac... wrote: »
    Has anyone said Soon yet? No?

SOOOOOOOOON

too soon! also why you only got 1 friend? US acc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

My copy shipped from amazon, hopefully have it Thursday :)

Yeah, mine too. Impressed as I only chose super saver delivery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah, mine too. Impressed as I only chose super saver delivery.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

super saver or first class they send them out at the same time surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Drakus

Went up to Gamestop, Blanch at 00:30. whole place was closed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Drakus wrote: »
    Went up to Gamestop, Blanch at 00:30. whole place was closed up.

Saved yourself a few quid anyway ;)

B+M Prices for those looking to get it in a shop today

Gamestop 69.99
    Smyths .... back up to 64.99 now, should have ordered it last week :(
    Argos 58.99
    Xtra Vision / HMV 69.99

Those vouchers they were dishing out in argos over the last few weeks are coming in handy :D

Anyone played it yet?

Bad day for any other games coming out today what with GTA 5 coming out again :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Anyone played it yet?

Bad day for any other games coming out today what with GTA 5 coming out again :p

I gave it about 30 minutes last night. Initial impressions are that it's just a reskin of FC3 so far.

One thing that did stand out is the front end menus which seem very PC friendly, with plenty of options. The graphics settings even have an nVidia specific preset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Anyone played it yet?

Still one of the best month's in a long time for gamers tho.

AC Unity, Far Cry 4, lego Batman and GTA 5 all so close together :)

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    too soon! also why you only got 1 friend? US acc?

I dunno what you're on about, me? I have about 120 friends..... 115 of which are from admining the boards PS4 Destiny clan :o

Damn straight,Dragon age as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Venom wrote: »

Plus Warlords of Draenor and Dragon Age Inquisition. As good a month as we've had in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Venom wrote: »

And this is the week that my PC finally died. And my new one won't arrive until Friday at the earliest.

First world problems and all that, but still... :(

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    And this is the week that my PC finally died. And my new one won't arrive until Friday at the earliest.

Are you building it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Spear wrote: »
    I gave it about 30 minutes last night. Initial impressions are that it's just a reskin of FC3 so far.

I get the feeling this is going to be the view of a lot of people, they don't appear to have introduced too many new things.

Still, it's been 2 years since I played Far Cry 3.

I honestly don't mind series where it's "more of the same" in sequels, as long as the last instalment was good.
    And least they don't change too much and **** it up.
    But hey that's just me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Are you building it yourself?
    A mate is building it for me (or possibly taken my money and gone to Mexico).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

humanji wrote: »

Which part died ? surely the 1 part is replaceable..and then you'd have 2 pcs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

wow this comes with a manual :eek:

Haven't seen one of those in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yeesh

a 30gig download. Going to have to leave that overnight

if I was installing via Steam I wouldnt mind as you get good download speeds etc.

but f*cking Uplay.

I never understood why people gave EA such sh*t over Origin when Uplay is worse in every possible way. At least Origin I can get really good download speed. I can never get over 1mb per second with uplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    yeesh

a 30gig download. Going to have to leave that overnight

if I was installing via Steam I wouldnt mind as you get good download speeds etc.

but f*cking Uplay.

I never understood why people gave EA such sh*t over Origin when Uplay is worse in every possible way. At least Origin I can get really good download speed. I can never get over 1mb per second with uplay.

I really flew through this on PSN last night. I get crap download speeds through steam and usually PSN is worse.

I got the PS4 version cheaper than the steam version of it, so went with that, not sure if i should be regretting that or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

picked it up in Argos at lunchtime - thanks to the poster who went to the bother of posting the price comparisons for B&M stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I really flew through this on PSN last night. I get crap download speeds through steam and usually PSN is worse.

I got the PS4 version cheaper than the steam version of it, so went with that, not sure if i should be regretting that or not.

there is no steam version

ubisoft have pulled all their new titles from steam. You have to go through Uplay which is utter bull****.

Advertisement