Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭thebackbar

Hello,

I'm looking for somewhere that would repair an old wedding album, its over forty years old, so it will need some careful attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

Hi
    I'm looking for a place where I could sharpen blades (not knifes thou)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭dinneenp

cooperguy wrote: »
    Something, iv been thinking of for a while. Anybody have suggestions for a good photography course.

Look up Brad Anderson, studio One I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

'Magic wrote:
    =);95851388']Hi
    I'm looking for a place where I could sharpen blades (not knifes thou)

There is a guy in Ryans Homestore (Lombard St.) who sharpens knives. Not sure if he does blades, but you could check with him.

Tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Vrinda

Hi, any recommendations for a reasonably priced haircut for lady?somewhere where both ladies and gentlemen can go? What I'm looking for is unisex hair salon that's not overpriced ! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hey, folks, is anyone here driving to and from Cork for the Black Stone Cherry concert today? If so, would you be looking for a travel partner? I'm supposed to be heading to the show, but I just discovered that the last buses back leave before the show starts. Of course, I'd be more than happy to chip in for petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 john locke

Looking for one of those "Top Secret" rubber stamps. Like this one - http://www.amazon.com/TOP-SECRET-Office-Self-Inking-Rubber/dp/B001W5AE8U

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking for Avonmore Protein milk in galway, if anyone knows can they send me a private message please. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

-Vega- wrote: »
    Looking for Avonmore Protein milk in galway, if anyone knows can they send me a private message please. Thanks :)

Have a look at this before you invest.
    conzy wrote: »
    You can get 4 litres of low fat milk for €2.80 so thats €0.70 a litre

You can get 2.5kg of unflavoured whey on myprotein for €26.34, and you need 20g of this to raise the protein per litre of the milk to 50g. Which costs €0.21

So you can make your own "protein milk" for €0.91 / litre instead of €1.89

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057215999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Where might I get powder salt in town? To save me aimlessly wandering...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

hoping there may be some folks here able to help - I need to get a sliding porch door supplied installed within an existing porch. Any recommendations via PM (perhaps with sample price in your own experience) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    -fm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi
    Any recommendations for places that do tasty soda bread? Most are quiet plain, a few you find have a nice, nutty taste.

Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

thebackbar wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm looking for somewhere that would repair an old wedding album, its over forty years old, so it will need some careful attention :)

The Photographers in Woodquay - I think it's called Farrells Photostudio, I know they do alot of restoration work for photographs, might include albums too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    Any recommendations for places that do tasty soda bread? Most are quiet plain, a few you find have a nice, nutty taste.

Thanks,
    Pa

Are you getting a regular soda? Try a buttermilk one ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Hi,

I'm looking for a physio for my young son. He needs work on his calfs and achilles.

Anyone know a really good one, it's holding him back doing his sport.
    Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I'm looking for heck chicken sausages! I've tried tesco with no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Looking for a recommendation for a Galway installer of pull down Attic Stairs.
    Price and quality seems to vary, but under 300 installed seems to be doable. Person would prefer to give the work to someone local, with decent materials.

And perhaps not immediately, but someone to paint exterior of a house.

Recommendations via PM fine too, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Looking for a recommendation of a good dentist who deals with medical card holders.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

paulgalway wrote: »
    Looking for a recommendation of a good dentist who deals with medical card holders.

thanks.

Liam McGee on Merchants Road. Google for a number. A gentle dentist and a lovely man.

+1 for McGee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 denleno

Im looking for a good hairdresser recommendation for upstyles in galway. Also a good make up artist? BTs mac counter is booked out as is bellissimo

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Hi can anyone recommend someone in Galway that can spray paint a few kitchen units please or pm me thanks

This really is a crap thread, no one answers!!

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a physio for my young son. He needs work on his calfs and achilles.

Thanks for any help

I've used Noel Burke, on the Dublin Rd. In my opinion he is very good.

tmh

Rather ridiculous statement, when a simple perusal of previous pages in this thread will illustrate that people do indeed answer.

tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ya 76 pages in and not an answer to be seen, im looking for an answer in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

If people have worthwhile answers then I assume they'll post them, otherwise it'd be better if they didn't comment because the last thing we need here is hundreds or thousands of posts stating "i dunno, sorry" or "sorry, can't help you" etc etc etc.
    When I don't receive an answer I just assume that nobody can help and that's grand.
    Only saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Hi,

Thanks for any help

You have asked a very specific question. Many people might be able to recommend a physio. But not too many people could confidently recommend a physio to work on their young child's calves and achilles, so they mightn't feel confident enough to recommend their physio to you, unless that's exactly what they use that physio for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Eeden wrote: »
    You have asked a very specific question. Many people might be able to recommend a physio. But not too many people could confidently recommend a physio to work on their young child's calves and achilles, so they mightn't feel confident enough to recommend their physio to you, unless that's exactly what they use that physio for.

What sport does your son do? His coach may be able to recommend someone that's good with children. If not, Trish at salthill Devon football club in Drum (thera fitness) might be worth a try-not sure if she does kids herself but she would have good contacts as she has worked in Galway a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 allypally15

hey im lookin to find a partner to play few games of snooker once or twice a week around galway city?

Advertisement