Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Where's best (and the cheapest) to pick up some pairs of chinos and slacks for work?

Not interested in brand names, just as long as they look half decent and respectable, so none of this "skinny" or "super slim" stuff. Thanks.

Try TK Maxx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm in Galway tomorrow and want to treat my girlfriend to a manicure in the city centre (whilst I work!) around 11am.
    Prospect Hill plus 15% off using SUMMER15 plus potential cashback of 5%
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Looking for somewhere I might be able to buy a desk lamp (the flexi ones)? I checked Kelly's online store and they are pretty expensive. Was hoping not to have to spend more than €15 - €20 if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Anybody know where I could get a resonsbly priced wind breaker

Screen type

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Do you mean a screen-type thing or a jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Eeden wrote: »
    Do you mean a screen-type thing or a jacket?

A jacket is a windsheeter.
    Argos probably have the screen thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windbreaker

It can mean both. I was genuinely wondering.

They seem to be cross-defining (if that's a word) themselves alright, although going by the posters aka it's probably the sheet type thing she wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If it's the jacket, Portwest. For the screen, try Great Outdoors.

Think I've seen ALDI and LIDL advertising the screen thing at various times too depending on the weeks theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

Suffer from shin splints (probably due to fallen arches)...anyone recommend where I can go in Galway?

Which is better foot solutions or elverys for treadmill/gait analysis system? Or any other suggestions where to go would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

RichCRX wrote: »
    Suffer from shin splints (probably due to fallen arches)...anyone recommend where I can go in Galway?

Which is better foot solutions or elverys for treadmill/gait analysis system? Or any other suggestions where to go would be greatly appreciated.
    If you are looking for shoes for running then amphibian king in oranmore are great for gait analysis and help with choosing runners. Another option is to see a Physio - the baily point Physio team are reliable, or Trish in Drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

If you are looking for shoes for running then amphibian king in oranmore are great for gait analysis and help with choosing runners. Another option is to see a Physio - the baily point Physio team are reliable, or Trish in Drum.

+1for amphibian king in oranmore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone know of any photoshop courses or training in the city? Ideally a full day or 2 rather than spread over 10 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭barbs84

Does anyone know of anywhere that takes old pots of paint or where I can get them disposed of in galway city or surrounds, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

barbs84 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere that takes old pots of paint or where I can get them disposed of in galway city or surrounds, thanks

Ring the City Council i think they have a place that takes them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

JillyQ wrote: »
    barbs84 wrote: »
    Ring the City Council i think they have a place that takes them
    They don't unfortunately. They have a message on their website saying that they have a mobile disposal unit that comes from time to time and to watch out for announcements but in the few years I have been looking I never saw any announcements. I asked one of the guys working at the council recycling centre a few weeks ago and he said that truck hasn't come in years. He suggested the Barna Recycling Centre in Tuam and someone else mentioned the one in Ballinasloe. From what I can find there isn't anywhere closer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Looking for somewhere to get a pre-NCT under-body car wash? Ideally somewhere open after 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Recommendation for a plumber please, we're in Newcastle area. Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 galwharrybrady

An Electrician in West Galway city anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 43 restartagain

Does anyone know where I could buy step carpet for my stairs. I've seen some on ebay & some american websites but cannot find one in Galway or indeed anywhere in Ireland. Any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Vrinda

Any recommendations for Asian foodstore please?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is one on Abbeygate St. Another in Westside, beside Aldi and the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Vrinda wrote: »
    Any recommendations for Asian foodstore please?

There is one in Terryland Retail Park (near the Pillo Hotel).

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone know of any photoshop courses or training in the city? Ideally a full day or 2 rather than spread over 10 weeks

I did this guy's course recently and thought it was good
    http://www.gerardconneelyphotography.com/

He is in Oughterard though so if you're in town and don't drive it could be tough getting there. I think they might be thin on the ground because I came from Athenry thinking I'd have traveled longest, in fact I traveled shortest.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lou22

Any recommendations for flowers in the city? I usually get a bunch of whatever looks nice in the market on Saturdays but I need some tonight! Don't want anything too fussy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Lou22 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for flowers in the city? I usually get a bunch of whatever looks nice in the market on Saturdays but I need some tonight! Don't want anything too fussy though.

Dunnes or aldi. Dunnes is a little over priced if not reduced though... nice but nothing fussy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Something, iv been thinking of for a while. Anybody have suggestions for a good photography course.

Advertisement