Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Aldi used to sell cleaning wipes for glasses and they were brililant. They were called Eyewear Cleaning wipes.
    Anyone know where I can get something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭xckjoo

bobbyss wrote: »
    Aldi used to sell cleaning wipes for glasses and they were brililant. They were called Eyewear Cleaning wipes.

They're probably just alcohol wipes so you might get them in a Pharmacy at a reasonable price. I just tried a 70% wipe there and it left a residue, so look for higher than that; in the 90's maybe. More alcohol equals more better :D

Another one to try would be screen wipes for computers/tablets/phones. They should all just be isopropyl alcohol in varying percentages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Specsavers, surely? I was given a small bottle of lenses spray when I got my glasses some time ago. Not sure how much it would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Tiger have them in handy little packets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Identification tags for checked luggage, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Slow Show wrote:

Dunnes Edward square upstairs. off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

bobbyss wrote:
    Aldi used to sell cleaning wipes for glasses and they were brililant. They were called Eyewear Cleaning wipes. Anyone know where I can get something similar?

There were loads in aldi westside on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Slow Show wrote: »

Mr Price, TkMaxx, Dunnes (on the rotary display with travel accessories)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Slow Show wrote: »

Home Store and More have lots of travel stuff on sale this week.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Saw them in Lidl Tuam a few days ago so I assume Lidl shops in Galway stock them too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I'd like to try get jelly beans in the city centre - not gourmet ones (Jelly Belly etc) - just "regular" ones. I know the shop in the college has them sometimes, but they're smaller bags for €1. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I'd like to try get jelly beans in the city centre - not gourmet ones (Jelly Belly etc) - just "regular" ones. I know the shop in the college has them sometimes, but they're smaller bags for €1. Any suggestions?

Aldi sells gorgeous ones, fair amount for a decent price too. Failing that you’d pick up some in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Athlone sweets have great jellybeans.
    You can get them in most supermarkets/petrol stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think the likes of Lidl sells tubs of sweets by the tills, pretty sure they have jelly beans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Aldi sells gorgeous ones, fair amount for a decent price too. Failing that you’d pick up some in Tesco.

Yeah Tesco have some nice ones, around 79c iirc. A little green bag down low in the sweet shelves.

Dunnes have them too, as do the Centra on Forster street - a round tub for €2. They are in a standalone sweet rack.

Both are a decent size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Decent auto sprayer to prime and paint van bumpers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Where can I get a stamp outside of post office hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

flazio wrote: »
    Some newsagents sell them. Two I know of are the newsagent in Galway shopping centre (happy days) - they sell international and national by strips of 5. The university hospital shop sell national stamps singly - ask at the till next to the newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A lot of convenience stores eg. Spar/Centra sell stamps.

I think the Spar shop on Mainguard St. sells them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Looking for a regular supply of wood pallets for a project,can collect 4 a day during week,parkmore side towards tuam/claregalway ..

Specifically if you have or know somewhere getting rid thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a plumber. Have a leak under shower in main bathroom. It's a step up shower so nothing below floor. Need some one who could investigate without the need to dismantle the whole thing and hopefully avoid a full rebuild and replacement.

Thanks

Westgolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Looking for a regular supply of wood pallets for a project,can collect 4 a day during week,parkmore side towards tuam/claregalway ..

Specifically if you have or know somewhere getting rid thanks.

Im trying to get rid of some in newcastle if you are interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭tmh106

I think the main post office on Eglington St. has a self service stamp machine on the outside wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Guffy wrote: »
    Im trying to get rid of some in newcastle if you are interested?

Hi,thanks for replying,how many u got

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

westgolf wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a plumber. Have a leak under shower in main bathroom. It's a step up shower so nothing below floor. Need some one who could investigate without the need to dismantle the whole thing and hopefully avoid a full rebuild and replacement.

Thanks

Westgolf.
    Galway Plumbing Solutions should be able to sort that.
    http://www.lsbmarketing.ie/clients/plumber/plumbing-solutions-emergency-plumber-galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Where can you get ears pierced on the west side of the city? Nothing fancy just ordinary ears piercing. Preferably a chemist or somewhere like that rather than a piercing studio etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Where sells good table & chair for working on a computer? I want a decent 'computer' chair- with back support that can swirl & has wheels.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Where can you get ears pierced on the west side of the city? Nothing fancy just ordinary ears piercing. Preferably a chemist or somewhere like that rather than a piercing studio etc.

Why a chemist instead of an actually piercer?
    Shops that do piercing as a secondary thing to there main business tend to use guns that are harder to clean properly and you may have someone with no experience doing it. At least in a piercing studio you know who ever is doing it does it everyday and knows what they are doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Where sells good table & chair for working on a computer? I want a decent 'computer' chair- with back support that can swirl & has wheels.

Cheers.

Take a look in Kelly's Office Supply in Salthill.

Advertisement