Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Congrats Sallymomo and to your wife on the birth of your little man. Thanks for your thoughts as well- it's lovely to hear of all the stories of things going just as they should- so happy for you and the joy you are feeling right now.

Might be strange to say but even though Max was gone myself and my husband did feel that euphoric joy and pride and love mixed in with the heartbreak.

Give baby Sallymomo an extra hug from us xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Well mirror how is you and your little man doing?? Did you get home yet?

We had bcg yesterday. And our lady was the most dramatic girl there,she screeched the place down! A little out of sorts today but I'm unsure if it's anything to do with it.

How's everyone keeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I would say you are glad to have that over Lashes. Has your little one settled more during the day? Is she still a champion night sleeper? Had a bad few days after I gave my girl those vitamin d drops. Neighbour is a nurse in children's hospital and she told me to stop giving them, that they have loads of babies having bad reactions to them. She seems ok again now thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I never think of them drops . I bought them an all and have them maybe twice!
    had first experience with feeding in public today . in fairness I picked a restaurant with boot's so I was safe enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Good to know to watch the vitamin k! We got home today thank god, the wards are so loud at times, particularly at night. Not that you can help the babies crying but last night three of them kept setting each other off. My man didn't get involved but we both lost sleep :) it's lovely to be home too and able to hear him, I was finding it tough to try and hear whether he burped etc

Delighted to be home. He's been panned out most of the day, I don't think he's even registered we are somewhere different yet! We both conked for two hours after arriving home and eating!

• Advertisement

Fall how did you give her the drops ? I bought the abidec ones and the topper is impossible to give her 5drops in to her mouth.

She's a lot better during the day but we have bought her a bouncer so she loves sitting watching the world go by. She's interacting so much more this week. Love hearing her coo back at u when telling her a story lol.
    Night time I'm blessed still touch wood, fingers crossed! Went down after 10. Got my son out to school and pulled her out of bed to feed her after 8 cause she was frightening me again!!
    .when do you have bcg fall?? Have you tried with the bottle at night yet?

or booth even lol!

i used the dropper, gave them to her on Sunday. They made her vomit and really hard to settle. No appointment yet for bcg, must ring the nurse. Haven't introduced a bottle yet. Have you continued with the one bottle a night Bobskii? God she is a great sleeper Lashes. Four hours in a row is our record lol! Delighted you are home Mirrorwall.

Oh and what bouncer did you get?

Yeh I'm still giving her the one bottle altho I'm not sure bout it . She seems to throw a lot of or back up bit of . not sur if it's the formula or that the teat is the wrong one . I only gave her two ounces of formula this evening and ages asleep since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Congrats to mirrorwall! Glad everything went well for you! Nice to have a chance to read the thread and see how everyone is doing.

Week 1 was very overwhelming with lack of sleep and first baby panic but we are settling into a nice routine this week now. I've had to combination feed as I just couldn't keep up with her and she is much more settled now. Life is good! :)

The first week is the hardest hazelbee. Your exhausted,recovering usually a million visitors to deal with and getting to know a little person. It's definitely The toughest glad to hear everything has settled

Fall I don't see the one online that I got it's like this one

http://www.mothercare.ie/bright-starts-comfort-and-harmony-florabella-pink-bouncer.html

Only it turns into a toddler chair too. We had gotten vouchers so it was basically free !!

Little madam let screams out at 4.30. Gave her soother to settle and she wasn't impressed so ran made a bottle back up the stairs and she's conked again!! So I'm lying here awake not sure what to do eek!!

how's everyone doing??just been out for a walk with herself a and it's blooming freezing, on a mission to get back Into my old clothes now easier said than done!

Ditto bobskii I'm finding it very hard to get out with her as she's so unsettled. 2 stone down two more to go.

Anyone that's in Drogheda area the town centre chemist are selling Johnston's baby wipes 10 for 5 Euro. Oh Picked up twenty packs today will try to get more tomoz. Cheapest I've seen anywhere.

Yeh it's tough alright . I have her in a kinda routine then she has days like today where she's unsettled so it throws me!
    oh must take a trip over during the week,altho parkin over in the town is a nightmare by times . I got 5 packs for €5 In super value last weekend.

Laurences centre where m and s is is usually ok. At least it's central if you need to dash with the baby lol
    Supervalu have a baby event on with buy one get one free on nappies.
    Got the baby monitor in aldi too for 26 Euro it's perfect!!

Yeah had a tough day with madam today. Daddy fed her at 8 this morning to I could sleep and let's just say winding her was obviously not a priority so she is out of sorts.

How are you finding it fall with two children?? I am very aware that my son doesn't get the attention he used to. But with a screaming baby walking the floors I'm kind of tied up.it will get easier as time goes on so I keep telling myself. he's 10 so doesn't Need to be babied but still

Yeh there's always parkin In there but it's tight for space lol!
    I worry about my young lad not getting the attention he's used to and technically he's an adult lashes!!he dotes on her tho so I know he'll be grand!

Haha my first car had blue scratch marks alright from it.

It's tough. I'm finding it hard. It just seems like we are restricted in doing things together these days,like swimming or cinema or even funtasia cause she just kicks off!! She's ruling everything. We got to the pantomime last week so that helped. Probably over thinking it too.

it'll only be for a little whole till she gets a little older and settled into a routine and then he'll be off for the summer and dumping you for his friends lol!

Internet went nuts today. Keeps crashing when I try to reply!

• Advertisement

I haven't given a bottle yet because my little one is so windy. Hoping to express to get her used to a bottle. Some days they are great and it all seems easy. Other days when they are unsettled it's the hardest job in the world. She was awake from one til half three last night and I just couldn't settle her. Only got about four hours sleep. You can spend your time trying to figure out what's wrong and the next thing they are grand again.
    My little fella is definitely finding it different but we are trying our best to do something nice every few days even if it's a movie and popcorn on the couch. I just know the weeks will fly and before I know it I will be going back to work.

all thoughts of work are banned!!

Haa I was just gonna say that!! I think I'll only be going back part time anyways so it won't be as bad.

Ha ha sorry ladies!

lol!I have an extra 8 weeks off and I really don't know what Im going to do when I go back . I work 4 days but I've only got a minder for 1 and that the oh !dunno what I'll do during the week,plus I don't earn enough to be paying a minder . wewe'll see closer to the time I suppose!

I took three months unpaid on my first so he was almost ten months. Then I was on my summer holidays after two months. I didn't have to put him in crèche until he was one and a half. My little girl will be eight months in September.
    Did I see you say somewhere that you will go again Lashes?

that would be ideal!I'm actually contemplating going again myself . I don't know what to do. I don't have age on my side and considering the journey I had to get this one it would mean trying very soon so if it didn't work our we could use out frostie!
    its the workload I'm thinking of tho . one is hard enough.

We have been talking about it already as someone in OH workplace is coming back from maternity leave 4 months pregnant. Leaving a gap of 10 years wasn't ideal and we both would love little miss to have a sibling close in age. You are most fertile after having a baby, the work is hard what harm would another be? Madness probably considering the begining of this pregnancy I was facing being a single mam but we are so much closer and stronger than ever.
    Would you go again Fall?

No that's me done. We were trying for this one for years. I wouldn't like to be any older having another. That's just me though. I am delighted with my little family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Feeling human this morning! So I'm a night owl and the OH is a morning person. He went to bed at 9 and I stayed up. At 130 or so I came up and he kept an ear on the cot while I had a bath. We both dozed/slept while he mooched for the next two hours (he likes being awake from 12-4 or so!) and then OH got up with him about 4 and I conked out fully. Two rested parents this morning :)

He's been very good in fairness, not a big crier which makes us very lucky. Really only when starving and about half the time when changing.

Oh and anyone else think the insulted look on their faces when they throw up is hilarious? We get one/two a day and he takes it so personally!!!

Advertisement