Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

bobskii wrote: »
    that's great motivation alright . I need to start eating a bit better . I asked the nurse today bout join weight watchers but she didn't like the idea,just said eat healthy while I'm feeding.

I know Weightwatchers do accept women who are breastfeeding after 6 weeks - you get an extra allowance to ensure you're taking in enough calories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I've done both lashes . I found slimming world handier as in you have more variety on the plan butbut I lost more weight at weight watchers.
    where are ye Finding the time or energy for six!!I'm conked when I go to bed at night,literally!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I am eight pounds lighter than pre pregnancy and I swear by eating every hour or two hours. Cereal in the morning, toast a bit later and some fruit, cereal bar an hour after that and possibly a yoghurt and that's all before lunch! If she is well settled I might manage an egg with the toast. I had to eat like that during the pregnancy because of low blood pressure and I noticed I was losing/ not putting weight on. I put on 17 pounds for the whole pregnancy. I am back in my own clothes but boobs are huge because of breast feeding.
    Well done mirroorwall. Porridge is a great breakfast food. Lashes you must be a skinny mini because I haven't seen eight stone on a scales since I was a teenager :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi all, I sat up half the night writing my first blog post. Rambling isn't the word but I found great comfort in writing it. Here's the link for anyone who would like to read..., https://l4stars.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/there-are-no-words/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hi all, I sat up half the night writing my first blog post. Rambling isn't the word but I found great comfort in writing it. Here's the link for anyone who would like to read..., https://l4stars.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/there-are-no-words/

Thumpette, i just read your blog and it was both sad and incredibly honest. Your story makes me realise how selfish I am each time I complain about my hard days with my babies. I cannot understand where you get your bravery from but please don't ever lose it. The way you handled losing Max truly shows what an amazing mum you are and will be for years to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I'm just a short ass fall but now I'm a fat ass have started doing the slimming world dinners. So handy when cooking for my son, food he likes but healthier. Got out for a walk this morning feeling like I can rule the world now. Can't get to the gym bobskii have to keep fit somehow hahaha. Nah the whole no stitches and full nights sleep really helps lol

Thumpette, i just read your blog and it was both sad and incredibly honest. Your story makes me realise how selfish I am each time I complain about my hard days with my babies. I cannot understand where you get your bravery from but please don't ever lose it. The way you handled losing Max truly shows what an amazing mum you are and will be for years to come.

Don't feel selfish- I don't want to make anyone feel bad. Being exhausted with babies is normal. I'd love if you would just take a little moment and remember Max's name and just hug your babies that bit tighter. Love and not guilt is the legacy I'd love for him x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thumpette wrote: »
    Don't feel selfish- I don't want to make anyone feel bad. Being exhausted with babies is normal. I'd love if you would just take a little moment and remember Max's name and just hug your babies that bit tighter. Love and not guilt is the legacy I'd love for him x

Sorry should have added you don't make me feel bad, I do that! And when they both wake from their naps I'll give them a kiss from him x

unjust had a read too . you've a great way with words.

Thumpette such a read thanks so much for sharing the way you are with words is unreal I could never describe anything like you do.
    Your experience has made me realise how truly blessed I am and it does give me more patience because I think how lucky I am for her to be crying. If that makes sense??

I love how the star symbol is helping you. After my last miscarriage my mum went to a fortune teller in an arena and he called her out of everyone role her my little girl wasn't ready to be born but would be back soon

Although it's not comparable I can relate to how annoying people are. I remember someone saying sure it's probably for the best it's your bodies way of getting rid of babies with severe disablilites...... I would have rathered a baby with anything than no baby.

Just wondering Thumpette how was your trip?

• Advertisement

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Thumpette such a read thanks so much for sharing the way you are with words is unreal I could never describe anything like you do.
    Your experience has made me realise how truly blessed I am and it does give me more patience because I think how lucky I am for her to be crying. If that makes sense??

I love how the star symbol is helping you. After my last miscarriage my mum went to a fortune teller in an arena and he called her out of everyone role her my little girl wasn't ready to be born but would be back soon

Although it's not comparable I can relate to how annoying people are. I remember someone saying sure it's probably for the best it's your bodies way of getting rid of babies with severe disablilites...... I would have rathered a baby with anything than no baby.

Just wondering Thumpette how was your trip?

Thanks Lashes, it really helped to write it. I hope it helps people in dealing with us and helps other people in the future. The trip was lovely in the end. After the initial meltdown I had in the airport it was really good. Not having a load of TV shows to watch just allowed us to talk and talk for hours and try to process everything. We talked loads about the future, how we want to remember Max and how we will grow from this. It's nice to be back in out own place again now but I think the trip helped. We're going to visit my family in Donegal this week for the first time since Max was buried. Bit nervous of being bombarded by all the religion stuff there but we've really come to understand that all of those things people say come from such a good place. Hopefully the blog might reach a few of them!

Sorry to hear about your miscarraige Lashes and for the insensitive comments xxx

Thanks for sharing Thumpette. Max will never be forgotten. You have made sure of that by having the courage to share your experience. I know I often think of him and you. I am glad you still feel part of our group and continue to post. It is so true that once you experience real tragedy you learn not to sweat the small stuff. I said it here before that I felt privileged to be pregnant. It took five years for me to get pregnant again and I was just about to give up when it happened. Take care x

The awkward moment your daughter poos in the bath :/

that's my nieces favourite place to poo !she's two now and regularly requests baths in order to poo!

I actually used bath a bit loosely it was the kitchen sink lol how will it ever be clean

Possibly a duh question but how are you judging when to go up a size in nappies? Is it when they start peeing out of them?

she does it non the sink too!!I actually wondered that myself .I must ask the fountain of knowledge that is my mum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lol at the bath! Asfaik it's when you are getting leaks? What nappies are everyone using? We started with Aldi, got presents of pampers sensitive and standard pampers, gave tesco a whirl and now are back to aldi-much prefer them. Pampers were leaking up the back and tesco's wet markers don't seem to work at all

thumpette I hear on the religion thing up there,just close your ears to it if you can I've had to learn to do that ,it is a beautiful place to get lost in your thoughts.

you could be right mirrorwall we've had explosive escaping poo's here it could be time to move up a size.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Hadn't dropped into this thread for several months.
    Sorry for your loss Thumpette.
    As for me, my wife went overdue by exactly a week. She was due to be induced last Thursday but started getting contractions at 1.30 last Tuesday morning. We went into the Coombe at 11, were admitted at 11.30 and a 7lb baby daughter was born at 1.24.
    Domino is great, I got to bring them home at 10 the next morning. All going well and our 2 year old loves her little sister.
    So much easier this time around as well. She's such a chilled out little baby and sleeps about 16 hours a day only waking to be fed. In contrast, her big sister barely slept 8 hours a day at this stage!
    Only one feed last night and both of us must have got about 5-6 hours of sleep.

• Advertisement

Congrats Heroditas. I did Domino in the Coombe and couldn't fault it. Hit the labour ward at 11, had babs at 12.21 and left at twelve the next day. delighted your baby is such a good sleeper. Makes all the difference

I feel better reading about short labours, a bit less like a loon. I know I went from 4cm to baby in 14 minutes but 1hr and 6 on the labour wards seems more normal lol!

How's everyone doing? I've just got into bed after near two solid hours walking the floor with our lad who cannot seem to get the last bit of wind up tonight. Husband just took over for me to take a break. Luckily this is only the second time this has happened but man it's exhausting. He half settles then squirms and then screams, it's hard work being a newborn!

Edit: and he kept it up all night so far. Took half a bottle in hunger and shifted some wind but still at it. We've switched twice since to give each other breaksand he's still uncomfortable. Tired parents tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We had a hard night last night. Worst night by far.
    She was fed at 11 but then barely slept 10mins between then and her next feed at 3.30. Lots of pacing the floor with her.
    Eventually got her asleep around 5am this morning but up at 7 when our two year old came charging in. I'd forgotten how tiring this is!

Heroditas wrote: »
    We had a hard night last night. Worst night by far.
    She was fed at 11 but then barely slept 10mins between then and her next feed at 3.30. Lots of pacing the floor with her.
    Eventually got her asleep around 5am this morning but up at 7 when our two year old came charging in. I'd forgotten how tiring this is!

Definitely our worst night so far too though no 2 year old this morning, that sound rough!

Just woke up and he was still screaming but got wind up for his dad just before I took him and I gave him a bath, he seems to have calmed a good bit so hopefully he gets some sleep-he's totally overtired now

We were the same here mirror. Only it was during the day mainly. It's so frustrating only because your doing everything to try to help but it doesn't work.

We had a blip not last night but the night before up at 4 for a feed. I was a little upset but Had to remind myself She's only 6weeks old she should be doing it every night!! Last night she was back to her good self. She really doesn't sleep much during the day tho. There is never between a feed that she would sleep straight through.

How much are you feeding ur little man mirror? We are 5 ounces every 3 hours. Have you tried infacol? Have you found it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

My little girl is 3 weeks and I've found a sling invaluable especially when they are overtired. If she's overtired and fussy I put her in sling and within 5 mins she's asleep.

moving_home where did u get the along I've just been on about one to my husband . I think it might make life a bit easier during the day For me,will in to try it anyway.
    lashes my lo is fussy during the day too but is good at night,only wakes once and is straight back down .

We have a routine of bath and bed boppy at 9 down for 10,10.30 and up between 8/9. It's really hard trying to keep a newborn entertained. She loves her bouncer but her mat and tummy time is non existent!!

Did you get your prep machine filters mirror?

• Advertisement

He's between 2.5-4oz depending on how awake he is! Filter arrived alright so it's in the drawer ready for 12week mark.

When did you start a night time routine lashes? We're at 2.5 weeks now but his feeds are between 3-4hrs so bedtime moves a bit

Oh and we have two slings on rent from the sling library ireland-well worth the 15e. We have ordered the beco Gemini on the back of the rental. He does like the sling but it didn't work last night unfortunately!

Advertisement