Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen parties...why not just one night as tradition?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

My boyfriends sister had her Hen a couple of weeks ago, was the first hen I've ever been too, but she wanted it simple. She told the bridemaids no tacky stuff and wanted to keep it in Dublin since she lives there and most of the people going were from Dublin. It was great craic, we had a meet and great, cocktail making, a lovely dinner and went to pub next door of restaurant. It was very relaxed and we danced the night away! It was 50 euro for the whole thing which was really good considering some Hens!

I think the good thing about the Hen was I meet loads of the guest before the wedding that you wouldn't meet otherwise and the day of the wedding will be so busy (for me anyway) that i wouldn't have a chance to get to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Boggley

Genuinely as I read threads like this I wonder what has happened us?

Why is everyone so quick to slate?

In my opinion if Jenny and Jimmy want to have a two week hen/stag with an organised activity everyday, dinner every night followed by a pub crawl away they go.....In the same way if the invitee does not want to attend any or all of the event so be it - don't

But this judging is craziness - the sentiment that all these hens and weddings are a show of "im better than you" - some of these comments SCREAM the I'm better than you attitude - I didn't want to cause MY guests exp etc

I have attended many hens - some one night, some a local eve out and some weekends away. I have enjoyed the majority of them immensely as I personally enjoy spending time with my friends and celebrating their life stages.

My own hen will be a local nightout - mainly because I live abroad and fly home the week before my wedding therefore a weekend away wouldn't be practical. Should I be living in Ireland I probably would have gone for the one night away deal - more so because age is getting to me and two nights on the trot are becoming a struggle for me.

Also as a bride - if someone cant make either my hen or my wedding I personally don't take offense - my wedding is MY life no one elses the world doesn't stop to revolve around me.

Advertisement