Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Im not really into soaps so I dont know their quality. Considering RedRock starts wednesday, id say the days are pretty set in stone.

I would not have the time to watch an hour of a soap. The 2 half hours are better imo. Its just annoying to have them so close to eachother.

Most dramas are an hour long

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Elmo wrote: »
    2 per week 52 weeks per year

It's a soap then rather than a series? Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Elmo wrote: »
    Most dramas are an hour long

Most dramas dont air twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gits_bone wrote: »
    It's a soap then rather than a series? Disappointing.

That was always the plan. I never heard anyone referring to it as anything else.
    Still, it does look good. I cant stand Fair ****ty or the English ones. Red rock actually looks different.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Anyone expecting TV3's answer to Love/Hate remember that Red Rock will be pre-watershed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Will they ever ditch Xpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Never! It's the only thing keeping them going at the moment.

Does it really get decent ratings?

Does it really get decent ratings?

Rarely over 100,000 saw it once in top 20

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭irishmusicfeed

TV3 received a very underwhelming revamp today... they never seem to put much interest in their on-air presentation. Meanwhile the proposed 3e revamp still has not taken place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭Rick_

New DOG/logo or the same but with new idents etc?

Paddy C wrote: »
    New DOG/logo or the same but with new idents etc?

same logo, DOG the same... only 1 ident shown so far... a purple themed 3 logo in neon lights which moves randomly around a dark room... not sure what they are trying to say about their brand in this ident...

TV3 revealed its 'new' look today at 06:00 before Ireland AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Up to recently, I actually used to despise TV3, but since UTVI arrived with their frankly insulting remit/schedule, I find myself now rooting for them. In fact, the loss of the 2 soaps might be a blessing in disguise for TV3, as you can probably see by the huge increase in home produced programming this week alone (Red Rock, The Restaurant, The Holiday Show, The Guarantee etc)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

What is an ident and dog?

Gits_bone wrote: »
    What is an ident and dog?

An Ident is the graphic used to introduce a program.
    A Dog (also known as a Bug) is the TV channels logo displayed in one of the corners of the screen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭iseegirls

TV3 received a very underwhelming revamp today... they never seem to put much interest in their on-air presentation. Meanwhile the proposed 3e revamp still has not taken place...

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a revamp. They've simply updated their Idents and DOGs, much like every channel does nearly every 2/3 years. The logo remains the same.
    Don't see anything wrong with the new idents and programme trailers.

I do agree though that 3e needs rebranding. They've used the same 2-3 idents since they changed over from Channel 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Irish sun had a splash today about tv3 offering c5/endemol 1million for big brother. C5 said no as it gets too many irish viewers for c5. The last part I can't figure out as they dont sell irish ads and aren't even on upc for them to not allow tv3 to show it.

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Up to recently, I actually used to despise TV3, but since UTVI arrived with their frankly insulting remit/schedule, I find myself now rooting for them. In fact, the loss of the 2 soaps might be a blessing in disguise for TV3, as you can probably see by the huge increase in home produced programming this week alone (Red Rock, The Restaurant, The Holiday Show, The Guarantee etc)

I agree but I worry about their style of programming. I'd like to see them both survive. UTV may not have to be the 2nd most watched, particularly with its current schedule it won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Enjoyed Red Rock tonight. Different from the run of the mill soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

The Restaurant has turned into a one hour ad for ALDI .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

jjf1974 wrote: »
    The Restaurant has turned into a one hour ad for ALDI .

I'm only half-watching it. In what way is it an ad for Aldi? I've noticed the sponsorship ads in the breaks, but I haven't noticed any obvious product-placement. Am I missing something?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

TV3 is very fuzzy vision. How can anyone watch anything on it?

Is it usually this bad, or is it just bad anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its always that bad

The Journal published a full set of spoilers for Red Rock by mistake, must have had a preview DVD.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Irish sun had a splash today about tv3 offering c5/endemol 1million for big brother. C5 said no as it gets too many irish viewers for c5. The last part I can't figure out as they dont sell irish ads and aren't even on upc for them to not allow tv3 to show it.
    MTV are running it a day later (twice if once wasn't enough), which does have Irish advertising opt-outs, maybe that's part of the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

TV3 is very fuzzy vision. How can anyone watch anything on it?

Is it usually this bad, or is it just bad anyway?

The picture quality is the same as UTV Ireland on Saorview. Of course UTV Ireland have an HD option, but you have to pay for it.

L1011 wrote: »
    Its always that bad

The Journal published a full set of spoilers for Red Rock by mistake, must have had a preview DVD.

TV3 previewed the series to the press at a big event in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Good. The last thing we need on irish television is that rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I could easily see a C5 Ireland ads stream on Sky and UPC in a while when more rights are sorted - RTL didn't care about Ireland but Viacom were one of the earliest to do Irish ad streams.

Advertisement