Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Must admit that the New Dawn trailer is very clever - but alas goes from clever to creepy in its final moments.

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/276/87484/1/Specials

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Just wondering why TV3 don't have to provide TV3+1 on Saorview?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Elmo wrote: »
    Just wondering why TV3 don't have to provide TV3+1 on Saorview?

Probably the same reason tg4 hd is not on saorview

Probably the same reason tg4 hd is not on saorview

But both come under their licence which would surely mean a requirement to provide those services on Saorview. No?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

What's the deal with the TV3 DOG moving? When did that happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

irishfeen wrote: »
    What's the deal with the TV3 DOG moving? When did that happen?

Not sure as I watch UTV because it has better picture and sound but noticed it yesterday, I think it moved yesterday or the day before.

Not sure as I watch UTV because it has better picture and sound but noticed it yesterday, I think it moved yesterday or the day before.
    Ah right... walked in to the mother watching the sh!itty soaps and seen it was moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Anyone have a screen shot of how the worked the +1 to the DOG on UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

irishfeen wrote: »
    Anyone have a screen shot of how the worked the +1 to the DOG on UPC?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/378504/330445.JPG

• Advertisement

In fairness to TV3 they always had the DOG/Bug in the right place! The
    +1 was very quickly done it does suit their logo. Oh well.

Communicorp deal seems less and less attractive

Newstalk to provide national news to UTV Radio
    Pat Kenny to present show on UTV Ireland
    Ray D'Arcy jumps ship back to RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

Has anyone else noticed an improvement in picture quality in tv3? Vincent browne seems to be using less green screen aswell!

Has anyone else noticed an improvement in picture quality in tv3? Vincent browne seems to be using less green screen aswell!
    Probably using the new studio tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Radio_Fan_67

Has tv3's new schedule been published yet ? Are all the new shows going to start on the week of January 5th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

New trailer posted this evening. Looks interesting. Hopefully it'll be good when it begins in January!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Just looked at the trailer and not sure about it but I could be wrong and it could be good. What do other think of the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Trailer is good. Follows a similar vein to the New Dawn promo, although it is produced by the same guy - so I guess that's to be expected.

It looks more like The Bill or some cop show than a normal 'street/square/farm' soap opera. Will be interesting to see how the pace of the show goes.

Like UTV Ireland they really need to give a clear view of their schedule. Its now Mid-December and TV3 are still saying coming Jan 2015 for Red Rock, where will it sit in the schedule? Will it be on the air in the First or last week of Jan? Life has already been postponed, according to Aisling O'Loughlin because of the full schedule TV3 have in Jan.

I hope that Red Rock is a success as it needed. But if the rest of the schedule is weak then Red Rock will automatically be weak. What leads in to Red Rock will be really important. Most Irish Viewers will be loyal to an Irish production but if it gets forgotten about in a haze of bad programming then soon they will forget its on the air.

Life has already been postponed, according to Aisling O'Loughlin because of the full schedule TV3 have in Jan.

Really? That's a weird excuse. Now I'm expecting huge things from this new schedule.

I too was hoping that it would move away from the reliance on emmerdale and corrie by now. But showing the Big Quiz - Emmerdale v Corrie in prime time on Tuesday night for the 4th time which was first broadcast in 2011 does not do anything in the long-term for tv3. Neither does showing corrie : the moving story yesterday, or the several family fortunes specials which focus on the soaps. They even had a repeat of the British soap awards on Monday. Which heavily contains the soaps - non of which will be on tv3 next year.

Maybe it was just a case of burning off the shows which they've had before Jan comes, but they could have easily put them on past 1am or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I wonder will we see more shows on ethnic minorities next year from Tv3?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Back in the day before they acquired ITV soaps and programming, TV3 showed films, lots of US imports and then some programmes from Channel 5 in the UK.

I imagine they will return to this format as they have never built up enough Irish programming in prime time.

Red Rock premieres on the 7th January - Wednesday at 8:30. Just seen the the billboard on long mile road.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Red Rock premieres on the 7th January - Wednesday at 8:30. Just seen the the billboard on long mile road.

Sunday and Wednesday at 8:30?

Unsure about Sunday yet. It will clash with The X Factor Results but that will only happen from August/September onwards.
    The Restaurant is marked in for a Wed 7th Jan slot too according to the Indo. So I'd presume this would start at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

iseegirls wrote: »
    Unsure about Sunday yet. It will clash with The X Factor Results but that will only happen from August/September onwards.
    The Restaurant is marked in for a Wed 7th Jan slot too according to the Indo. So I'd presume this would start at 9pm.

Biggest problem for TV3 is that there will be no lead in for these shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I hope that Red Rock is a success as it needed. But if the rest of the schedule is weak then Red Rock will automatically be weak. What leads in to Red Rock will be really important. Most Irish Viewers will be loyal to an Irish production but if it gets forgotten about in a haze of bad programming then soon they will forget its on the air.

Loyalty to an Irish production is not a given,Fair City struggled for years and thats on RTE. Loyalty to TV3 is questionable.

Hopefully Red Rock is a success but it will,like all soaps need time and thats something that TV3 may not be able to provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Some newspaper piece said 2nd episode is following day.

Some newspaper piece said 2nd episode is following day.

Wednesday and Thursday is a odd choice prime time omnibus like Ros Na Run?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Champions League means they have to stay clear of Tuesdays for now.

Advertisement