Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

icdg wrote: »
    Champions League means they have to stay clear of Tuesdays for now.

Or they are moving Champions Europa League back to TV3

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Elmo wrote: »
    Or they are moving Champions Europa League back to TV3

The what now? Do you mean the UEFA Europa League? That was never on TV3 except the final and I think three group stage games in 2011-12 (once Shamrock Rovers were out of contention, they moved back to 3e). Anyway if it moved to TV3 it would effectively limit them to 6:00pm KOs if Red Rock is being screened on Thursday 8:30pm, and these stop after the Round of 16.

icdg wrote: »
    The what now? Do you mean the UEFA Europa League? That was never on TV3 except the final and I think three group stage games in 2011-12 (once Shamrock Rovers were out of contention, they moved back to 3e). Anyway if it moved to TV3 it would effectively limit them to 6:00pm KOs if Red Rock is being screened on Thursday 8:30pm, and these stop after the Round of 16.

Yeah I started typing Champions League.

A lead into the soap. Doesn't matter if it has to be rescheduel on both nights.

Soap viewers hate their evening being disrupted by football (primarily female audience v primarily male audience) - the major reason why ITV switched back to Tuesday nights for the Champions League.

TV3 have Midsummer's Murders! basically we have ITV1 across 2 channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭iseegirls

TV3 have Midsummer's Murders! basically we have ITV1 across 2 channels.

Have you seen the schedules for the first week? Any other major changes?

Crazy that there may be a possibility of 5 showings of The Jeremy Kyle Show across the 3 channels (3e, UTVi and TV3) every weekday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Emmerdale and Coronation Street are being replaced by Nothing To Declare and The Lie for the first week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

lertsnim wrote: »
    Emmerdale and Coronation Street are being replaced by Nothing To Declare and The Lie for the first week at least.

The lie is possibly the worst game show I have ever seen. It is sooooooooo dragged out! Each contestant decelerates using almost all the 60 second limit, no matter how easy the question. It is un-watchable.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Have you seen the schedules for the first week? Any other major changes?

Crazy that there may be a possibility of 5 showings of The Jeremy Kyle Show across the 3 channels (3e, UTVi and TV3) every weekday.

Not to mention he is getting a primetime show (The Kyle Files) that UTV Ireland will apparently be showing. More of a long-form documentary type serious then the Jerry Springer-esq style of his daytime show. Starts on ITV on Thursday 8th January at 20:30 and appears to be replacing Tonight.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The lie is possibly the worst game show I have ever seen. It is sooooooooo dragged out! Each contestant decelerates using almost all the 60 second limit, no matter how easy the question. It is un-watchable.

I'd rather The Lie than Nothing to Declare. Bizzare scheduling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

with them winning champions league rights again, it may mean they wont be going anywhere fast at least not for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

with them winning champions league rights again, it may mean they wont be going anywhere fast at least not for a few years.

They'll see a rather large bump in viewing numbers too now that the alternative FTA coverage from the UK will be gone

Have they nothing on TV3 website about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Have they nothing on TV3 website about it.

nothing on the main site but a google brings up this.

http://www.tv3.ie/3e/thread_article?threadid=1108

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

TV3 have announced the names for the recently moved series of 'The Restaurant' which will begin at 9pm on the 7th of January.

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.813&article=154251

Two of them in the list are Former Justice Minister Alan Shatter and State Pathologist Marie Cassidy. :rolleyes: :confused:

Other nicer names include Andrew Trimble, Roz Purcell, Sharon Shannon and Jackie Lavin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

TV3 have announced the names for the recently moved series of 'The Restaurant' which will begin at 9pm on the 7th of January.

Two of them in the list are Former Justice Minister Alan Shatter and State Pathologist Marie Cassidy. :rolleyes: :confused:

Other nicer names include Andrew Trimble, Roz Purcell, Sharon Shannon and Jackie Lavin.

Irish celebs cooking I can't wait to avoid this terrible programme

TV3 buying old rte1 tv programmes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Radio_Fan_67

Why is jeremy kyle still on Tv3 in January ???

ftakeith wrote: »
    Irish celebs cooking I can't wait to avoid this terrible programme

TV3 buying old rte1 tv programmes

In fairness the restaurant is one of the better "celeb" type reality shows. Large as it doesn't big up the "celeb". Though often the diners look totally perplexed as to who the chef is.

Happy christmas to everyone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

TV3+1 now on UPC but not Sky and still no word on TV3 HD on any platform!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

watty wrote: »
    "Ireland AM" should be banned by Regulator. It's a wall to wall scam. No chance they will drop it. Probably their most profitable program with those fake quizzes and virtually 100% product placement.

Is Ireland AM not good? :confused:

• Advertisement

Alan shatter? That will draw a few public eyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

TV3 player on the smart tv and sky is like anglo irish bank before it crashed

There is no content that is not worth watching for anyone

Maybe red rock might interest some people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Alan shatter? That will draw a few public eyes.

I'm Alan Shatter, what do you need?

.....:pac:

ftakeith wrote: »
    TV3 player on the smart tv and sky is like anglo irish bank before it crashed

There is no content that is not worth watching for anyone

Maybe red rock might interest some people

Did they not keep Coro St and Emmers for the last 30days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Red rock 2 times a week is a little disappointing. I was expecting it to have a few more episodes. The episodes are also very close, Wednesday and Thursday, not good imo.

Red rock 2 times a week is a little disappointing. I was expecting it to have a few more episodes. The episodes are also very close, Wednesday and Thursday, not good imo.

Tbh soaps airing 5 days a week have depleted their quality in the last 15 years

Afaik thoses aren't set days.

IMO it prob should air once a week for an hour like casulty

Tbh soaps airing 5 days a week have depleted their quality in the last 15 years

Afaik thoses aren't set days.

IMO it prob should air once a week for an hour like casulty

Im not really into soaps so I dont know their quality. Considering RedRock starts wednesday, id say the days are pretty set in stone.

I would not have the time to watch an hour of a soap. The 2 half hours are better imo. Its just annoying to have them so close to eachother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

How many episdoes of red rock?

• Advertisement

Gits_bone wrote: »
    How many episdoes of red rock?

2 per week 52 weeks per year

Advertisement