Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Virgin Media Three will also have Liam Miller game LIVE as well as Virgin Media Sport.

MUTV has it FTV too so they really had no other choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So, as a Sky TV / broadband customer in a town where VM don't offer a broadband / TV service, is the only way to get UEFA competitions on a Wednesday and Thursday night up on my TV to sign up for the rival Eir Sports package?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,466 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

flazio wrote: »
    So, as a Sky TV / broadband customer in a town where VM don't offer a broadband / TV service, is the only way to get UEFA competitions on a Wednesday and Thursday night up on my TV to sign up for the rival Eir Sports package?

Yep.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Or sign up to Virgin TV Anywhere at €20 per month. But sure you’d be as well off paying the extra €7 for eir Sport - even if football is all you’re interested in (and it’s all VM Sport has to offer) you’d still get Saturday 5:30pm Premier League and Bundesliga games on top of the UEFA offering - of course you wouldn’t get the Nations League and European Qualifiers, but they don’t have the Republic of Ireland’s and you’ll find the rest on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mollser

dulpit wrote: »
    Yep.

I've done this for rugby coming from VM. No regrets good service by eir tbf if you can get the fibre.

• Advertisement

Shot themselves in the foot a bit by not getting a place for Virgin Media Sport on the Sky EPG, even Eir kept that up when they took over Setanta.
    Unless, of course Sky were asking stupid money to get a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Give us access to Sky Atlantic and you can have access to the growing Virgin Media Sport which is currently one channel plus 6 pop up channels - just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Have they rights to nothing but European soccer? I see they've zero on this weekend except 'This is Vrigin Media Sport'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

flazio wrote: »
    Shot themselves in the foot a bit by not getting a place for Virgin Media Sport on the Sky EPG, even Eir kept that up when they took over Setanta.
    Unless, of course Sky were asking stupid money to get a place.

I don't see why they would want to go on Sky. The rights they bought were so they can attract subscribers to Virgin Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Patww79 wrote: »
    Have they rights to nothing but European soccer? I see they've zero on this weekend except 'This is Vrigin Media Sport'.

All the major football rights have been already snapped up by rival broadcasters.

Theres nothing exclusive about any of the content Virgin Sport has because it can be found on another channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭iseegirls

They should be showing the horseracing there, simulcasting with VM1 if needed. Plus they have UFC, and could place that at a reasonable time of 9pm instead of where it is at the moment on VM2 near midnight. But other than that, it'll be stretched.

- Actually still Broadcasting showing full replays off games. No news on any more rights so far.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I don't see why they would want to go on Sky. The rights they bought were so they can attract subscribers to Virgin Media.

Because Sky boxes work in practically every house in Ireland. Virgin Media infrastructure is only limited to a certain amount of (high populated I give them that) towns and cities with no plans to expand. Live in the wrong town and you're either staring at your computer or tablet or at a blank screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

This is more like a PPV channel. There's actually nothing on it 95% of the time. What planet are VM on, they even offer this to non-subscribers to €20/month.

JDxtra wrote: »
    This is more like a PPV channel. There's actually nothing on it 95% of the time. What planet are VM on, they even offer this to non-subscribers to €20/month.

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay €20. This channel is to primarily drive subscriptions to its Virgin Tv service. I would imagine it will get better over time with more content.

Wanted to record the Liam Miller match tomorrow and they don't bloody have it on the EPG so you can't set it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭deezell

Wanted to record the Liam Miller match tomorrow and they don't bloody have it on the EPG so you can't set it.

Can you set a manual timer from 3.00 till 5 or 6, or just record the three programs starting at 3.00. Did I read its FTA on MUTV on astra satellite? Bound to be better picture quality than VeryMuddy3

Yes, free on sky without an MUTV sub, but do you need a sky box and sky sub or is it being broadcast in the clear for freesat boxes? I'll set a timer for 3.00 on the normally blank MUTV channel on my freesat box and see what happens.

I was going to record it on VM Sport or VM3 but it's not on the EPG for either and you can't manually record on a Horizon box.

I was going to record it on VM Sport or VM3 but it's not on the EPG for either and you can't manually record on a Horizon box.

Have you saorview and record on your tv? My Samsung records straight to usb hard disk.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Will probably be available on the player.

True. I think there's highlights later too (not on the EPG either but I seen them on an ad).

True. I think there's highlights later too (not on the EPG either but I seen them on an ad).

Highlights on vm1, on epg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Virgin Media/TV3's broadcasting licence expired on Sept 19th last.

A new broadcasting contract was signed with the BAI last week. No mention of duration but most likely 10 years, as with the 2 previous contracts.
    21 Sep 2018

The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) has this week announced the signing of broadcasting contracts with Virgin Media Television Limited.

Earlier this week, the BAI renewed its television programme service contract with Virgin Media Television Limited for the television services Virgin Media One (formerly TV3) and Virgin Media Two (formerly 3e). The BAI also agreed a contract for Virgin Media Sport and a suite of pop-up services.

Commenting on the announcement, Professor Pauric Travers, BAI Chairperson, said: “We are delighted to announce the signing of these contracts with Virgin Media Television Limited which assures the continued provision of the free-to-air services of Virgin Media One and Virgin Media Two. These channels are valued services within the Irish media landscape, offering increased choice and diversity for viewers.

The launch of the Virgin Media Sport services will enhance this diversity even further. We wish all services every success in the years ahead.”

http://www.bai.ie/en/bai-signs-contracts-with-virgin-media-television-limited/

The Cush wrote: »
    Virgin Media/TV3's broadcasting licence expired on Sept 19th last.

A new broadcasting contract was signed with the BAI last week. No mention of duration but most likely 10 years, as with the 2 previous contracts.
    We are delighted to announce the signing of these contracts with Virgin Media Television Limited which assures provision of the free-to-air services of Virgin Media One and Virgin Media Two.

Only VM 1 & 2 are mentioned in that press release. What about VM3? Hardly going back to a 2 channel free to air service?

Still on the old UTV Ireland content contract and never moved onto the main television programme service contract like 3e was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭iseegirls

On the Horizon box, they've finally updated Virgin Media Three to show the Liam Miller match from 2 to 6pm today. Still no sign of VM Sports being updated. Don't understand why they aren't scheduling these way ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

icdg wrote: »
    Still on the old UTV Ireland content contract and never moved onto the main television programme service contract like 3e was.

Could be but BAI should have insisted it move after all you wouldn’t want it to be a quasi opt out service!

Don’t just take my word for it, of course...

http://www.bai.ie/en/download/128691/

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

I sometimes watch the cookery slots on Ireland am and the 6 o'clock show, why is the camera overhead showing an a reversal image, example, when the chef is cutting the slices with the right hand, the image over head is cutting with the left hand! Is it a mirror that's on the ceiling or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Ah yea VM1 pushed up the Logo to the corner, at least for the match, I'd still prefer if its a see through like VM2.

Advertisement