Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 Episode 5 "First of His Name": *HAVE* read the books

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

LS and the BwB obviously have something planned in Riverrun since Tom o' Sevens is there as a singer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

A number of things interest me in regards to LS. For one, I'm a fan of horror so this is really up my street.

But it's also what drives LS and where its going to bring her that intrigues me. LS isn't Cat, she's the remnants of Cat's dying feelings of pure rage and despair. It's those feelings rather than love that are driving her so you have to wonder, what would happen if Stoneheart ever comes face to face with the reality that is alluding her: that not all of her children are dead.

She can never be happily reunited with her family and indeed, she probably would not want to at this stage because she knows it wouldn't work. It would probably drive her even more over the edge to know that her children are alive, so over the edge that she might even hurt them.

I just find the possibilities with the character fascinating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

The thing I'd hate most about Lady Stoneheart being cut is that it would essentially tell us that she's not playing a big part in the next books.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I dont see how they can cut LS beacuse she instigates Brienne going after and tricking Jaime to follow her. If there's no LS then there's no Brienne luring Jaime, to his death (presumably).

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I dont see how they can cut LS beacuse she instigates Brienne going after and tricking Jaime to follow her. If there's no LS then there's no Brienne luring Jaime, to his death (presumably).

I hope Jaime's death (if it happens) isn't that simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Jamie can't die until he's strangled Cersei.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Hotale.com wrote: »

Me too, but my point is that I dont see how they can cut LS from the show. Otherwise Brienne has no real reason to trap Jaime.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Jamie can't die until he's strangled Cersei.

I hope it's not him, even more obvious than Tyrion killing her IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Trying to remember in the book but was it Merryn Trant who was travelling with Brienne and Podrick?

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Trying to remember in the book but was it Merryn Trant who was travelling with Brienne and Podrick?

Nimble Dick then later it's Hyle Hunt, Trant is Kingsguard.

• Advertisement

Wasn't his name like... Long Dick? Surely not? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Nimble Dick Crabb. I think his sigil is a dose of penicillin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Thanks. Remembered that he was remorseful over how he treated Sansa under Joffreys orders so thought it was Trant.

Thanks. Remembered that he was remorseful over how he treated Sansa under Joffreys orders so thought it was Trant.

Any boy whore with a sword could beat three meryn trants

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Does anyone else think Hodor Hodoring has gotten more Northern Irish this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Gbear wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Hodor Hodoring has gotten more Northern Irish this season?

As long as he's Hodoring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Yes! I particularly noticed a very nordy HODOR when he was being bullied at Crasters Keep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Yes! I particularly noticed a very nordy HODOR when he was being bullied at Crasters Keep!

I thought it was just me noticing it since I saw an interview with the actor in his own (nordy) accent. The accents in the show are all over the place. How come the Stark girls and Bran have Home Counties accents but Ned, Jon and Robb have northern English accents? Bugs the hell out of me!

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I thought it was just me noticing it since I saw an interview with the actor in his own (nordy) accent. The accents in the show are all over the place. How come the Stark girls and Bran have Home Counties accents but Ned, Jon and Robb have northern English accents? Bugs the hell out of me!

Catelyn's influence I would imagine..Bran was her baby, lot of southron influence on the younger ones. Robb would have been under Ned's tutelage same with Jon for obvious reasons.

Blay wrote: »
    Catelyn's influence I would imagine..Bran was her baby, lot of southron influence on the younger ones. Robb would have been under Ned's tutelage same with Jon for obvious reasons.

But she has a softer brogue whereas the girls and Bran have fairly plummy accents!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The accents don't bother me in that regard, just seems to be they way people approach fantasy or medieval settings when they film them. Basically "do an English accent of your choice".

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The accents don't bother me in that regard, just seems to be they way people approach fantasy or medieval settings when they film them. Basically "do an English accent of your choice".

Yanks probably can't tell the difference :rolleyes: It's only a small thing but it grinds my gears...like Sansa 'I'm a virgin', I find that it distracts me from being really absorbed in the action. If they do the hill tribes (that Stannis gets to join his army on Jon's advice- the Wulls, Liddels, Norreys etc) I hope they've got thick Scottish accents like in my imagination.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The accents never bothered me to be honest.

I don't have the same accent as my brothers and sisters - we are all from Dublin but the lads are much "broader" and some of us are changed from college, emigration, in laws etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Accents have never bothered me. I like them.

There would be a lot of annoyance if they all went around with Texas accents while fighting with swords, let's be honest :)

The only accents that bother me are the ones that Aidan Gillan comes up with

I reckon a Cork version would be better than the original :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

FunLover18 wrote: »

"Chaos is a.. laddah!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

FunLover18 wrote: »

They seem to have settled down in the last episode. Back to normal.
    The one on the ship was just weird.

I can't see how it's his fault. The directors have to be on top of that.

Maybe they're trying to show that he puts on an accent in certain situations to mask his low birth but it really doesn't come across like that.

• Advertisement

They seem to have settled down in the last episode. Back to normal.
    The one on the ship was just weird.

I can't see how it's his fault. The directors have to be on top of that.

Maybe they're trying to show that he puts on an accent in certain situations to mask his low birth but it really doesn't come across like that.

You'd think if it was down Gillan someone might have sat him down and said "Aidan, pick a ****ing accent and stick with it."

On the other hand if it is a deliberate character thing, then you'd think they might clarify that or have it referenced in the show.

"So Varys, you seem to know everything … where the **** is Littlefinger actually from?"

Advertisement