Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heading off on holidays this year?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Budapest in July and Disneyland, Paris in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Yep heading to Lanzarote first 2 weeks of July.

Can't wait. :)

I've stayed in the Algarve plenty of times and absolutely loved it btw!

I've been there before, nice place to relax.
    Not much else to see or do there really.
    Great weather all year round which is a plus.

I should be heading off on a holiday, the issue is, I'm not quite sure where. I've got the cash to go pretty much anywhere in the world I want to go. But on the other hand, I haven't been somewhere like the Canary Islands in about 4 years. So while I could go somewhere like California, I could also save a lot of money and go somewhere like Tenerife, decisions.

I always wanted to go to Cuba before it changes.
    Interesting place I bet

keano_afc wrote: »
    Canada for 3 weeks in August. Friend of mine is marrying a Canadian bird and there's not many Irish going over. Cant wait.

Great country, enjoy

My new years resolution was to holiday more because I dont go anywhere. My first time on a plane was last year at 30.

This year, im going to Dublin for 5 nights of Garth Brooks and thats killing me (money wise). But then im moving to Scotland in September. I've never been so im looking forward to doing the touristy things. So I guess that will be like a holiday.

Good luck in Scotland, I lived there for 7 fantastic years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Off to the Azores for 2 weeks going on 23/12...I was determined to miss Christmas this year at all cost, I fookn hate Christmas :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'll be lucky to get a weekend down the country at this rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

My wish list includes just about any country, especially outside of Europe. Morocco, Iceland, Finland, Madagascar being tops I suppose.

Heading to Perth this September for ten days, thanks to a fantastic deal on flights through Bargain Alerts. Should be great. We'll be hoping to rent a car and do some driving around away from the city while we're there. Never booked a holiday so much in advance before, it's crazy, dunno how people do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Gongoozler wrote: »
    My wish list includes just about any country, especially outside of Europe. Morocco, Iceland, Finland, Madagascar being tops I suppose.

Heading to Perth this September for ten days, thanks to a fantastic deal on flights through Bargain Alerts. Should be great. We'll be hoping to rent a car and do some driving around away from the city while we're there. Never booked a holiday so much in advance before, it's crazy, dunno how people do it!

Isn't Finland in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Thinking of going to zakopane for 10 days in august. Just back from krakow but never made it down, have to go again now :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Gongoozler wrote: »

That's one hell of a spin for 10 days. Good craic there though. Some lovely beaches to the south.

I'm not very far from Morocco, half thinking on going in July for a 7-10 day surfing tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

yawhat! wrote: »
    Isn't Finland in Europe?

Yes, I do believe it is.
    That's one hell of a spin for 10 days. Good craic there though. Some lovely beaches to the south.

I'm not very far from Morocco, half thinking on going in July for a 7-10 day surfing tour.

I know but our flights make the most of the time we have. I'll sleep on the plane, though my boyfriend won't. It'll be grand!

How close is not very far? You can't be close to Morocco and not go. Where would you visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Tha Canaries, Turkey, the Med, OZ, NZ, Spain, Portugal, France, Malta, Kerry, Galway?

What are your plans for the holidays . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Just a trim please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

LordSutch wrote: »
    Tha Canaries, Turkey, the Med, OZ, NZ, Spain, Portugal, France, Portugal, Galway?

What are your plans for the holidays . . . . .

Why do you need to know?

Are you planning on burgling the houses of boardsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Haven't left the country in 4 years and won't be going anywhere this year either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Love how you started off with lovely warm countries and then said Kerry and Galway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Vegas in November, only had two holidays this year so far so probably have to go somewhere in between.

It's bloody tough being single with no ties. :(

Vegas in November, only had two holidays this year so far so probably have to go somewhere in between.

It's bloody tough being single with no ties. :(

A dickie now man so are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm going here.

A dickie now man so are you?

Understand you trouble having am I. :p

Understand you trouble having am I. :p

You have no ties.

You have no ties.

Ah. The penny drops. :)

Funny! Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

My Taxsaver ticket covers the zone between Balbriggan, Greystones and Maynooth, so somewhere in there. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Why do you need to know?

Are you planning on burgling the houses of boardsies?

Just the hanging baskets & I'll be happy . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Sauve wrote: »
    State of it. Full of drunk holidaymakers shouting and pissing everywhere :rolleyes:

Sounds like Temple Bar.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I should be in sunny Spain right now. The passport office is a complete and utter joke, I don't know how they can get away with not answering the phones for two years, don't answer emails and their website update thing that they keep directing people too doesn't even work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

ScumLord wrote: »
    I should be in sunny Spain right now. The passport office is a complete and utter joke, I don't know how they can get away with not answering the phones for two years, don't answer emails and their website update thing that they keep directing people too doesn't even work.

Yep I know all about them, a shambolic operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

ScumLord wrote: »

Did you even fill out the form?

lolz!

But yeah, I feel your pain. Bet you didn't have to apply across the water to get your passport..

Advertisement