Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

€1300 will take it :)

Yep, that's it. Could you link me to the item you bought?

This should do you. I think there are a couple of types but the resistor is all you need (and a soldering iron). Easy fix. Over €40 from the stealership :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

166man wrote: »
    With the work it's had done and given its a clean car, if you don't ask higher you won't get it. Some will pay that bit more for the better cleaner car, even if tis a bit older, others will just want the cheapest, newest car, even though it may be in worse condition. A €1500 newer one of these would be rough imo.

Good luck with the sale Mm.

Nah I know someone who picked up a newer model for that kind of money, a very clean example too. They are a far superior car to the previous model as well. You can get a well sorted 00-02 fiesta for under a grand these days.

The car mm is selling still needs a few minor things needing doing judging by a previous post so it still needs work yet it's top, top money.

Don't get me wrong I wish him well with the sale and fair play to him if he gets near that money for it but at the end of the day if someone else posted that car on here and nobody knew who owned it they'd be swiftly told where the dreamers thread is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

dodzy wrote: »
    This should do you. I think there are a couple of types but the resistor is all you need (and a soldering iron). Easy fix. Over €40 from the stealership :cool:

€40 for the replacement works or the resistor only (that would be crazy)?

€1300 will take it :)

Yep, that's it. Could you link me to the item you bought?

Best of luck with sale. :)

Seweryn wrote: »
    €40 for the replacement works or the resistor only (that would be crazy)?
    Ford don't sell the resistor. Its the complete unit ( as per amazon link ), and it's €42.

If you just whip out the defective part, I'm sure you could just bring it into maplins for a match and then just solder it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Actually no, it's not the problem where the heater only works on setting 4. It's the problem where it only blows warm air no matter where the temperature knob is.

Actually no, it's not the problem where the heater only works on setting 4. It's the problem where it only blows warm air no matter where the temperature knob is.
    Whoops, sorry MM. My bad :(

• Advertisement

Whoops, sorry MM. My bad :(

Not a problem, I did after all agree when wonksi asked ifit was the issue where the heater only works on the highest setting. I mistook "highest setting" as in warm air, not fan number setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭umop apisdn

wonski wrote: »
    What engine and year?

There was one or two Bravos recently on the tread. I would rather have it over Stilo tbh.

Stilos weren't good cars generally speaking.

I haven't any particular Stilo in mind, I'm asking in general, are they are bad as some people say ? What years / engines should be avoided ? Or is it all of them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Full Disclosure: Selling on behalf of my Sister in Law, who was gifted a newer car. I'd run it myself if I wasn't already telling lies about how many vehicles I really own to 'her indoors'.
    The craziest thing about this car is that she has been bringing it for main dealer services for over a decade. Every time, main dealer. Lots of new suspension and braking parts, and everything in between. Even if a bulb blew, main dealer. This car has probably sent someones kids to college it's had so much spent on it. It does show though, it's as tight as a drum.
    It is as good as it looks in the pictures. There is small area of slight discoloration of the paint on the roof near the back, I reckon it's from being parked in an underground car park and something dripped on it. That's the only fault I can find with it. Actual new tyres on each corner, fresh NCT and a few weeks tax. Total bangernomic bargain.
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/peugeot/206/2001-peugeot-206/8666411

YmU4NDZiNTI2OGI1ZGZkZmQ5MDRkYmQ1ZWQyNTEzZGSKg6trLPZt9wc-ADGkeV3XaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYzI1ZWE2Mzc2ZjhmNmU0N2E4MzNiNDVkMTQxNDdkOWUwNzNkM2FhZDY5NzhjMWU3MTdhODVmNTg3NmMxZDA3Yi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

I haven't any particular Stilo in mind, I'm asking in general, are they are bad as some people say ? What years / engines should be avoided ? Or is it all of them ?

Avoid Stilo , I if you want to take a chance on a value car , try a 05 ish, Megane, much better drive if you can live with the finite niggles( windows , coil packs, keys, bad earths, )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Nah I know someone who picked up a newer model for that kind of money, a very clean example too. They are a far superior car to the previous model as well. You can get a well sorted 00-02 fiesta for under a grand these days.

The car mm is selling still needs a few minor things needing doing judging by a previous post so it still needs work yet it's top, top money.

Don't get me wrong I wish him well with the sale and fair play to him if he gets near that money for it but at the end of the day if someone else posted that car on here and nobody knew who owned it they'd be swiftly told where the dreamers thread is.

They picked up a newer model with the same low mileage and in as good condition for €1300? Now that's a bargain, doesn't mean they all sell for that price though, and a quick look on done deal shows that.

Of course it needs a few things, let's get real here, it's a sub €2k car. You can't expect it to be perfect, and I'd be damn well sure the car your friend picked up isn't perfect either. That's normal.

Each to their own, but as said, I'd rather a cleaner older example than a ropey newer one.

Fiesta price dropped to €1,350 and €1,300 will still take it.

They picked up a newer model with the same low mileage and in as good condition for €1300? Now that's a bargain, doesn't mean they all sell for that price though, and a quick look on done deal shows that.

Of course it needs a few things, let's get real here, it's a sub €2k car. You can't expect it to be perfect, and I'd be damn well sure the car your friend picked up isn't perfect either. That's normal.

Each to their own, but as said, I'd rather a cleaner older example than a ropey newer one.
    Where did I say that? Or are you just making assumptions to suit your argument? The post below is the one I was responding to in my previous post to you. Nowhere here do you mention €1300. €1550 is what the car cost. It has 105k miles up and is a well looked after example. It isn't one bit ropey and unlike the previous model these fiesas dont rust so it's likely to last far better also.

These cars are 14 years old now and a good one can be picked up for around €1500 these days. A very good example of the 00-02 model can be had for a grand or even less. Low mileage isn't the best thing since sliced bread either. Condition should be taken into account before mileage.

With the work it's had done and given its a clean car, if you don't ask higher you won't get it. Some will pay that bit more for the better cleaner car, even if tis a bit older, others will just want the cheapest, newest car, even though it may be in worse condition. A €1500 newer one of these would be rough imo.

Good luck with the sale Mm.

To be fair John, you say that Fiesta has 105,000 miles on it. Mine only has 73,000 miles and I put a lot of work into it in the last week to get it into very good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Fiesta price dropped to €1,350 and €1,300 will still take it.

Didn't know you had a Fiesta. Looks very clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭tc20

opinions welcome on this one folks:

02 Octavia
    1.6 auto
    100k miles
    NCT til Sept 16
    2 owners with FSH

is the price a tad strong at €1950?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-1-6-auto-full-history-new-nct/10195433?offset=3

GvidoR wrote: »
    Didn't know you had a Fiesta. Looks very clean.

Just a runabout until I get a new car sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭tc20

tc20 wrote: »
    opinions welcome on this one folks:

02 Octavia
    1.6 auto
    100k miles
    NCT til Sept 16
    2 owners with FSH

is the price a tad strong at €1950?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-1-6-auto-full-history-new-nct/10195433?offset=3

gone already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭umop apisdn

Just a runabout until I get a new car sorted.

What are you on the look out for ?

What are you on the look out for ?

I have a deposit on a new car already. Still driving the Fiesta and I have to say, I've become very attached :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

To be fair John, you say that Fiesta has 105,000 miles on it. Mine only has 73,000 miles and I put a lot of work into it in the last week to get it into very good condition.

Have you repaired the cv joint, heating valve etc?

Have you repaired the cv joint, heating valve etc?

I haven't touched the CV joint. I replaced the heating valve with a patent part but it turns out it needs a proper Ford part. I don't want to put any more money into the car as I won't see it back and I won't be getting the use out of the car to justify it.

So what good lot of work did you put into it? Cleaning it?

Being honest, at that price point I wouldn't buy a car with a bad cv joint and no heating, people shopping with a small budget will mist likely be looking for something as close to needing nothing spent as possible. Particularly when it's one of the most expensive ones listed. It may be low mileage but that means nothing if it's not in good condition.

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9846288

Bodywork is a bit tatty but it's starting at €200 less than yours.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10165696

Admittedly no test but it looks very tidy, claims perfect condition, full Ford history and recent belt change. Worth a punt at half the price of yours.

Both in your area.

Only creating a discussion, not putting down your efforts and I do hope it takes off for you, but a big part of getting **** sold is price, price, price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement