Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Nice looking Passat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

nice_guy80 wrote: »

It looks like it has heated seats.
    Who specs a car with heated seats but no AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

bear1 wrote: »
    It looks like it has heated seats.
    Who specs a car with heated seats but no AC?

How do you make that out ? Is it the buttons / switches on the centre console? AFAIK they were on the dash next to the radio?
    Its good value for a economical diesel car to be fair. 142,000 miles would need some bits and bobs for sure. Unless the suspension was hanging out of the car its a bargin. Providing that the belt was actually done when they say.
    CV joints and window regulators are a common consumable on that b5.5 Passat. Its got the 110 bhp engine so more than likely the 5 speed - which is much better than the 6 speed. EGR valve might need attention at that mileage - who knows until they see it in the flesh.
    Anyway - good bangernomics if it checks out. Oh, I like the honesty of the ad also.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That Passat is a 100bhp Trendline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

colm_mcm wrote: »

Christ, even worse than the 110/ 105.....

edit: was taking the info from the ad - should have known better. OK, so that's the first lie on the ad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭jcon1913

circadian wrote: »
    The tax is pretty high, but a lovely car. I'd imagine they'd be heavy on petrol and oil too though.

Thats a lorra car for small money. Bit of a rocket in 2.5l. Shame about the roax tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Looks like a 130 Comfortline to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Truckermal wrote: »

check cartell.ie all info comes up 100bhp now she would have lost a few over the years also but nothing dropping new owner getting a remap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

cadaliac wrote: »
    How do you make that out ? Is it the buttons / switches on the centre console? AFAIK they were on the dash next to the radio?
    Its good value for a economical diesel car to be fair. 142,000 miles would need some bits and bobs for sure. Unless the suspension was hanging out of the car its a bargin. Providing that the belt was actually done when they say.
    CV joints and window regulators are a common consumable on that b5.5 Passat. Its got the 110 bhp engine so more than likely the 5 speed - which is much better than the 6 speed. EGR valve might need attention at that mileage - who knows until they see it in the flesh.
    Anyway - good bangernomics if it checks out. Oh, I like the honesty of the ad also.

Yeah there seems to be two bulgy looking buttons on either side of the radio which would be the heated seats strange though that the seller wouldn't mention them.
    Its an ok car tbh it wouldn't put me off buying it just thought it odd to not spec it with ac if you choose heated seats.
    100bhp though... Meh

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »

Comfortline would have velour seats and fake plastic trees inside (and climate?)
    Think Trendline was the only one with titanium-esque trims inside

Just seen this on Donedeal.. Has nothing to do with me at all. Never seen this car before. Never even seen a silver Focus in person before. Honestly. Nothing to do with me.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-ford-focus-estate-new-nct-tax/10239734

Will probably have to re-do the interior photos and clean it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just seen this on Donedeal.. Has nothing to do with me at all. Never seen this car before. Never even seen a silver Focus in person before. Honestly. Nothing to do with me.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-ford-focus-estate-new-nct-tax/10239734

Should sell easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Well, whoever the owner is they have terrible taste in music. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

rizzodun wrote: »
    Well, whoever the owner is they have terrible taste in music. :P

When I first saw it I thought it was "Rage Against" which would have been better....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The focus looks great for the money. Shame the 1.6 will have people avoiding it like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's a well worded ad and should have no bother selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hal1 wrote: »
    It's a well worded ad and should have no bother selling.

It's a bit short! :pac:

Big Nasty wrote: »
    It's a bit short! :pac:

It's as long as the car itself :P

It didn't get much of a chance on DoneDeal. A friend of my brother's bought it off me about 20 minutes after I put it up for sale. I told him he could have it for €800 (as he knows the brother).

He doesn't need it for a week or so, so he gave me €300 now and I'll hold onto the car til next week. Which is handy as I just picked up the replacement, but will want to detail it in a shed for a couple of days, so I can still use the Focus as a runaround til the C5 is ready to go. Win/win for all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,942 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's a very handsome car for €800. He got a good deal!

What C5 you buying?

unkel wrote: »
    That's a very handsome car for €800. He got a good deal!

What C5 you buying?

Yeah he did alright. Just has to worry about the brake pads I'd say. I'd say they'll need doing in the next 3-6 months anyway. I put 20km on the clock and never did them so...

I bought this today:

http://www.cobymotors.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=1329181&r=

My ramblings here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96753066&postcount=1434

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Yeah he did alright. Just has to worry about the brake pads I'd say. I'd say they'll need doing in the next 3-6 months anyway. I put 20km on the clock and never did them so...

I bought this today:

My ramblings here:

Looks nice best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I bought this today:

My ramblings here:

Looking forward to seeing its pics in "Today I did some Detailing" thread :)

bbari wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing its pics in "Today I did some Detailing" thread :)

You say that now.. you'll be sick to the teeth of it soon :P

He was lying about the NCT on your C5. It can be done now (3 months before it is due) and it will be valid until November 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

unkel wrote: »
    He was lying about the NCT on your C5. It can be done now (3 months before it is due) and it will be valid until November 2017

Probably its due on 30th November hence you can't do it till 30th Aug ?

bbari wrote: »
    Probably its due on 30th November hence you can't do it till 30th Aug ?

Due 8th November, so could have been tested weeks ago. Standard lie with second hand car sales people, or out of laziness they claim to "guarantee the test". We in here don't fall for it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

I had a C5 2003 2.0hdi. I was mad about it. Huge inside great fuel economy. Prob a little underpowered at 90bhp. No major issues except of course the axel bushings. I'd buy another one no bother if I'd the cashola

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Comfortline would have velour seats and fake plastic trees inside (and climate?)
    Think Trendline was the only one with titanium-esque trims inside

Was that not the hi-line?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement